THR Dogchick's Hippy Recovery Adventure

I use that same brand of micellar water. I use it to take off my makeup and then use another facial cleanser, but it's great for a quick refresh. I took a small bottle with me to the hospital but I didn't have any time or motivation for personal care the short time I was there.
Yes, I didn't bother doing much personal care in the hospital either, I didn't really have time. The day I was going home, the PT helped me get dressed and gave me a damp cloth to kind of wipe my face, underarms, chest and back, but that was about the extent of it. I didn't even brush my teeth, but most of all that was because they wouldn't let me out of bed because my little passing out trick I pulled on them. LOL!

Thankfully I didn't have to resort to the enema. Popcorn got things moving for me!
Popcorn would have killed me! I can eat a little bit, but usually my stomach hurts a lot when I eat it. I'm just glad there is such a thing as an enema. LOL! I would have been between a rock and a hard place without it! :rotfl:
 
Geez, this forum...you guys are so funny. Between Josephine’s reference to rabbits in season and a rock and a hard place, I’m grinning from ear to ear.

Love you guys.
Awww! @Gidget Thanks! :friends: You have completely stolen my heart with your tenacity despite adversity and great attitude. Thank you for being you. :yes: I'm glad you are enjoying my crazy, weird humor. It keeps life enjoyable, doesn't it? Give your pup some smooches from me and my girl, Kalia. :flwrysmile:
 
@dogchick you are doing great and you posts make me laugh. You will know when you are ready for crutches or cane. I went from walker to cane because I have always been the unbalanced and uncoordinated one. Some friends told me that crutches could be dangerous for clumsy ppl like me and when it came time to transition I liked the cane more. Have a great day!
 
Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all having a good morning. I didn't visit Party Girl last night....though it was tempting. I fell asleep around 12:30am and woke up at 3:00am. I was actually dreaming, and woke up from a dream. I don't remember the dream though. OH! Guess what?? I slept on my Non-Op side! I have that giant body pillow my step-mom sent to me and I finally used it last night. I think I slept pretty well. I stayed awake and ended up getting up at about 6:30am. Got dressed, went to the bathroom, transferred my plethora of "things" from the bedroom to the living room, made my tea, made scrambled eggs without ANY help (First time without help! :yes!:). Then I got settled in the my recliner.

I ended up falling asleep probably about 8am and slept until 10am! Whoops! That means I missed my dose of Morphine and Celebrex. I could feel it too, leg is a little more swollen right now, so I'm icing. So, while I was sleeping, apparently a box got delivered. I had Pup-Prince #2 bring it in, opened it and I GOT FLOWERS!! :flwrysmile: I had made a post on Facebook that the only thing I'm kind of missing right now is being able to see my flowers in my garden from where I am in the living room. So my step-mom sent me these gorgeous beauties! I LOVE daisies!! And the colors are so rich and vibrant...I have them sitting on top of the bookcase that is right across the room from my recliner. :roseshwr: It is such a wonderful little pick-me-up. I didn't realize I needed that until now. Look at these lovelies!
[Bonesmart.org] Dogchick's Hippy Recovery Adventure
[Bonesmart.org] Dogchick's Hippy Recovery Adventure

Sorry this last picture is so big. Guess maybe I should have resized it first. Anyway, that's where they are sitting now. You can bet I'll be getting up regularly to go look at them more closely and smell them. I'm telling ya...I have the best family, near and far! :roseshwr:

So, today, I have a friend coming over to visit around 1pm for a little while. Then my 2 students will be here around 3pm-ish. I am looking forward to seeing all of them. My friend is bringing lunch over. I have no idea what she's bringing though. I ate breakfast so early, so it will be a kind of late lunch for me, but I'm munching on some Magnesium-rich almonds to curb my hunger. :) I am feeling very sore and swollen thanks to missing my meds at the time I was supposed to take them, but hoping to catch up on that, and soon be moving more freely again. I am in a good mood though, looking toward visiting with friends. :cheers:
 
Pretty flowers...you're doing well. I hope you have a nice lunch with your friend and a great visit
with your students. Sounds like you're functioning light in the sleep department.
Wishing you some comfy naps over the weekend!
@dogchick
 
I have insomnia, but wow, I'm sleeping a lot - I had some emails to send last night and they took hours, and one was not lucid, thankfully, it was a personal one, so I don't have to fix anything professionally. I hope the sleep fairy comes and settles you well tonight. No 3am wakings!
 
Pretty flowers...you're doing well. I hope you have a nice lunch with your friend and a great visit
with your students. Sounds like you're functioning light in the sleep department.
Wishing you some comfy naps over the weekend!
@dogchick
Thank you @Layla I did enjoy my day today. But I never got in my nap, so I have a feeling I'll be knocking off early tonight. My leg is still swollen more than it has been and I've been icing all day. I didn't realize that getting the Celebrex an hour and a half late would lead to this sort of impact. I hope you had a good day as well. Enjoy your weekend.
 
Oh flowers! Lucky woman. I’m so pleased that they gave you that boost you needed. Are, have you thought of mentioning to Dogdude how they would be perfectly complimented by chocolates?
Hahaha! While I like chocolate, I prefer fruity desserts, how about Strawberry Shortcake or Peach Cobbler? LOL!
 
I have insomnia, but wow, I'm sleeping a lot - I had some emails to send last night and they took hours, and one was not lucid, thankfully, it was a personal one, so I don't have to fix anything professionally. I hope the sleep fairy comes and settles you well tonight. No 3am wakings!
Thank you @momof9 I sleep a lot on and off throughout the day/night. Sometimes the naps come up so quickly that I barely have time to put whatever is in my hands, down. I know what you mean about taking forever to type letters/messages/posts. I have some Thank You cards I need to write out, but I'm having trouble putting my mind...ahem, I mean Dory to the task, my thoughts are all over the place, and sometimes I am thinking one thing in my head and something else comes out my fingers...words get mixed up...it's quite comical. :heehee:
 
Dory is not in the mood to work. I had a busy day, enjoyable visits with friends, but it was also exhausting. I never got any of my naps this afternoon, and between no naps and the swollen leg, causing a little more achey-ness and tenderness. I think it all kind of sucked the energy out of me.

Dogdude changed my compression socks for me and I had a very much needed sponge bath. It felt so good. I can't wait until I can actually shower again.

When one of my friends was over, she had to take the dog out to do her business and the little chocolate monster took FULL advantage of her, giving her a tour of the entire yard. :dogwalk: She ended up taking her out twice and taking a short walk with her. After that, she was chocolate monster's best friend, and followed her everywhere. It was so cute! She even got down on the floor and played with her. :puppysmooze:
[Bonesmart.org] Dogchick's Hippy Recovery Adventure

She was a happy girl. It made me so happy to see her have so much fun and get in a much needed walk. Wow, this is a pretty boring post, if you made it this far, well, you deserve a star in perseverance. I think I need to sleep. :sleeep: Have a good night everyone.
 
So...it's 3 O'clock somewhere....and that somewhere was here when I woke up to go to the bathroom. :heehee: That worked better when it was actually 3am here, now it's about 4:50am. I was able to move my bowels without too much strain, which made me very happy. Sorry if that was TMI, but since I didn't go yesterday at all, I feel like this is an on-going issue, that seems to be getting slightly better, which makes me happy. I decided to reply to some other threads before posting here in mine, so that's why it's so much later. :yes:

I had a couple of questions last night right after I posted my last post...but Dory strikes again and I can't for the life of me remember what they were. :nah: Sometimes when I'm sitting with my laptop and I doze off, Dory thinks my fingers are typing away and she even imagines the sentences that I'm typing...sometimes I get my best questions during that little bit of twilight time. Then I wake up and sometimes my fingers are actually moving, but not on the keyboard. :snork: But there is nothing that has been typed on the screen. This happens often. Does anybody else imagine things like this as they drift off to sleep or to doze? Or am I just unique and weird? LOL!

Chocolate Monster is curled up on my bed right next to my feet. She is so good and careful to avoid my OP leg, such a good girl. She gives me so much comfort and a good outlet to relieve stress, as she LOVES to be loved on. She misses the cuddles that we usually have, that body contact. Even as a tiny puppy, she craved that contact and whenever she would sleep with me, she had to be touching me with some part of her body. I sort of miss it too, but I'm glad she's so careful and gentle.

Two more days, not counting today, until I get my staples removed. I am so happy! I can hardly stand it. I'm a little nervous about it too. When the staples are removed, does it hurt? I can't remember when I had my C-sections and had the staples removed...but I'm pretty sure it was a little painful when they were removing them, but such a relief once they were all out.

Ok, that's it for now, I feel another encounter with Evil Mr. Sandman coming upon me. See you when I recover from his assault! :snork: :zzz:
 
@dogchick, I so love reading your posts as they make me smile and cheer my day. Thank you.

I had staples for my Lumpectomy (left breast), LTHR and LTKR (I seem to favour the left side :shrug:) with over 20 staples in each and I can assure you removal did not hurt, a slight 'pick' once or twice. You will feel much better when they are removed. :tada:
 
@dogchick, I so love reading your posts as they make me smile and cheer my day. Thank you.
Awww! Thank you @Izabel ! That made my day! And thank you for wanting to read my nonsense. :heehee:

I had staples for my Lumpectomy (left breast), LTHR and LTKR (I seem to favour the left side :shrug:) with over 20 staples in each and I can assure you removal did not hurt, a slight 'pick' once or twice. You will feel much better when they are removed. :tada:
Everything seems to happen to my Left side as well, Frozen shoulder on the left, hip issues on the left, I'm glad to have the frozen shoulder mostly resolved, just a little bit of range of motion that I'm still working on getting back. Now, my left hip...I'm going to feel like a new woman! Thank you for the assurance with the staples, sometimes I build these things up in my head to be more than they actually turn out to be. I feel better about it now. :flwrysmile:

Oh, and something I forgot to say in my previous post...
I rented a Redbox movie yesterday evening. Pup-Prince #1 went out and picked it up for me. I am planning to watch it this morning once I'm dressed and up for the day and all set up in the living room. I'm a HUGE fan of Hugh Jackman, and have been dying to see The Greatest Showman. If you don't know the story, it's based on the life story of P.T. Barnum and how he created the "Greatest Show on Earth" with his circus. He was a Connecticut resident, and there is a P.T. Barnum museum here. I've never actually gone to it, but would love to someday. It's located an hour or so away. Anyway, so I am going to indulge myself in this movie that nobody else in the family wants to watch and thoroughly enjoy it! I can't wait! That is my plan today. I have a friend coming over to visit in the afternoon. It will be nice to see her. Other than that, I'll just be home doing my thing. Hoping today is better than yesterday...and that I don't sleep through my dose of Celebrex again. :snork:

P.S. It's taking Evil Mr. Sandman a little bit longer to get here, I guess....
 
Good Morning DogChick! This recovery is certainly filled with ups and downs. I have struggled with sleep for some time pre-surgery and still now although it's getting better. It does seem that once one body part is fixed another goes. I'm being challenged by shoulder pain and the cane just exacerbates it. I'll post about it on my thread in a bit.

Aren't the pups the best comfort? I can now do a one-legged bend to give Togo a snuggle. I am able to follow behind hubby and him for a walk (I used to limp with great pain behind them so this is an improvement started this week!)

Have you seen Isle of Dogs? I really enjoyed it and I'm not generally a big fan of animation. The animation, music, and story are beautiful. The dog and character voices are all by actors you'll know and recognize.

Hang in Dogchick and thanks for encouraging me along the way too! Enjoy The Greatest Showman, too. It's fun.
 
Good Morning DogChick! This recovery is certainly filled with ups and downs. I have struggled with sleep for some time pre-surgery and still now although it's getting better. It does seem that once one body part is fixed another goes. I'm being challenged by shoulder pain and the cane just exacerbates it. I'll post about it on my thread in a bit.
Yes, lots of ups and downs. I think there are more ups though. At least for me right now. I feel like right now I'm sort of at a plateau. I feel like I should be off the walker for good, but I become so unsteady when moving around that I don't feel safe without the walker. I do opt to use the crutches from time to time when I don't feel like fighting with the walker in small spaces. Also, I feel more possibility of pivoting on my OP leg when using the crutches, which is a big :bignono:. The walker keeps me from doing that. Of course part of the problem is the darn cords from the Active Care and having to carry that thing around with me, so maybe after Monday, I will feel safer not having that monster hanging around my neck and wrapping around my legs. Lately, I keep getting the cords wrapped around my legs making me unable to move my legs, or they loop around the crutch or walker leg while I'm standing and doing meal prep or brushing my teeth or something. I will have to revisit getting rid of the walker after my Post-op appointment on Monday.
Aren't the pups the best comfort?
Best thing in the world! (we need hearts...Insert 3 hearts here) Chocolate monster is good for a snuggle, cuddle, entertainment, a laugh when you really need one, and to make you feel special and loved.

Have you seen Isle of Dogs? I really enjoyed it and I'm not generally a big fan of animation. The animation, music, and story are beautiful. The dog and character voices are all by actors you'll know and recognize.
I've never seen that movie. Is it on Netflix? Or maybe Amazon Prime? I will have to check it out for sure! I do have "A Dog's Purpose". I know some who didn't like the movie, but I thought it was really good.

Hang in Dogchick and thanks for encouraging me along the way too! Enjoy The Greatest Showman, too. It's fun.
Glad I could be encouraging! I have also been very encouraging to me as well, so thank YOU. I finished watching The Greatest Showman! It was really good. The music in the movie is FANTASTIC! Now I want the soundtrack!
 
@Hip2BGone Guess what I watched last night after retiring to my bedroom for the night? Yep! I watched The Princess Diaries! :snork: I thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Jaja.
Well you have plenty of time to watch stuff over and over again.
At first as I didnt have much energy to focus I watched and rewatched music videos from certain artists.
My wife got tired of listening to the same music over and over again :D

Now I am doing that with TV Series.
I rewatched The Killing one of my favorite Netflix Series, Mindhunters, The Sinner, Riverdale, Secret City,Frankenstein's Chronicles.
darn there is so much good stuff like GOT, Black Mirror, Ozark, Alias Grace, Westworld, etc.

But last night I didn't watch much at all, we had some friends over and I just got flat drunk for the first time since the surgery. :martini:
 
The Killing is good - a nice re-watch. Yeah, I wake up and thought I'd typed a lot of coherent sentences and ended up w/ a bunch of //////// as my finger fell asleep over that key. And, I think I sent an email that was a little too touchy about something I was upset over, and now I don't know how to ask for forgiveness.
 
Back
Top Bottom