THR Dogchick's Hippy Recovery Adventure

Happy Thursday!
Things sound pretty normal. Well...as normal as they can be two days post op.
It may not get worse, so don't count on it. Or brace yourself.
I waited for things to happen on Day 3 and Day 4 and did just that....waited :bored:
Sounds like you have some great support. Take advantage but don't wear them out :heehee:
I hope you're comfortable and wish you a peaceful, relaxing day!
@dogchick
 
Hello Dogchick, I understand the blood pressure thing too. Mine dropped to 90/50 and I could not do my PT the day after surgery which kept me in the hospital an extra night and day! It was related to pain meds as I had to have a hydromorpine drip a couple of times as the surgery sent fibromyalgia into a flare! I was in tears with pain! I was also having to go to the bathroom every hour and wait for someone to take me after the catheter was removed. Not a fun time but it got better and gets better. Sending you good healing thoughts!
 
Finally got a call back from OS office. He wants me to stop taking the dilauded, and he is prescribing oxycodone with....umm...something else I can’t remember what they said. That is just if I need it.

PT came today. I have been put at ease concerning their visits. They are going to come twice a week and so far are not pushy at all. So that is good. He kept asking me if I felt up to doing whatever he was suggesting. Only thing I didn’t want to do was the stairs outside because of the heat and humidity and my blood sugar. I was already feeling a little shaky because it was lunch time. He was fine with that. No pressure. He changed my bandage, showing Dogdude (hubby) how to do it. I apologized to Dogdude for having to look at my butt everyday. :rotfl: Oh, and PT looked at my discharge papers and apparently we missed getting some of the other meds to help with going potty. One was Dulcolax and the other one, besides colace was Senna-S which gets taken at night. I’ll take that tonight, and hopefully tomorrow there will be some “activity” on that end. :fingersx: :thumb:
 
Hi Dogchick!
Glad to read you’re doing okay! What type of replacement did you have? Anterior here....the day before yoiu, I think (mine was Monday 7/2)
I’ll kep reading your updates & hope you’re up and about soon. I’m in NH, no going outside for me until Saturday. I hate this humidity.
 
@InkedMarie I had the posterior approach. My insurance wouldn’t pay for the robot assisted surgery, unfortunately. Thanks for following me. I am in Connecticut, it’s been pretty brutal with the humidity. I didn’t realize it’s as bad up in NH too. How far up in NH are you? Thankfully we have AC in the house and I don’t have a need for going outside. :SUNsmile:
 
A little funny story for ya. So, Wednesday., they day I came home, pupdude #1 (oldest son), was in the living room with me. He was playing a video game. I like to make corny jokes with him so he can roll his eyes and pretend it isn’t funny, then we laugh together. So, while he was playing the game, I opened Spotify on my phone and started playing a song. He said, “what is that? What are you doing?” I gave him a smirk, as the introduction played and said, “what song is this?” He wasn’t sure until the chorus, then he said, “why are you playing that?” (I was playing Titanium by Sia). I indicated my hip by very obviously looking at it....”I am Titanium!” :rotfl: I got rewarded with the eye roll, a smirk, and an, “oh my God! No, just....no”. :rofsign: It was a perfect moment...loved it, and love that kid! Well, he is 23, but still my kid.
 
Dogchick: we’ve had 7 days, maybe it’s 9, of temps in the high 90’s, feels like 105 and humidity in the 70’s. Yuck.
I had anterior but it wasn’t robot assisted.
 
Dogchick: we’ve had 7 days, maybe it’s 9, of temps in the high 90’s, feels like 105 and humidity in the 70’s. Yuck.
I had anterior but it wasn’t robot assisted.

Yep, sounds like what we have been dealing with too. Hopefully it cools off and dries up soon
 
Question. Did or do you find that you have good days and bad days? Or do you have good MOMENTS, and bad MOMENTS? So far it has been moments for me, not days. Of course I’m only 3 days post-op. I’m finding I am moving a tiny bit better each day. Hoping for bigger advances next week. I haven’t joined the ODIC yet, thinking I don’t really want to be a member. :snork:
 
This THR is much different for me than my other so I agree with good & bd moments. What is ODIC?
Supposed to be low 80s and not humid tomorrow: yee haw!!
 
A acronym playfully used for the
OverDid It Club!
You don't want to join, though temporary membership is almost always attained as we figure out where our boundaries are in recovery.
Moments...yes, Dogchick.
Especially this early out.
Hope today is a Good Day !
For you too, Marie.:SUNsmile:
 
Thank you @Mojo333 I am finding my incision area a little more painful this morning. :oyvey: But the nerve block is going to wear off at some point. Doctor told me on Wednesday that it should last 3 days. I’m entering day 3 today. Might be time for some of that break through pain meds today. But I’m still on the positive side.
 
Yes, I saw that lovely incision.
Ouch, right?
Looks good and clean though!
 
I posted my scar on the badge of honor thread. It doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would. Dogdude said there is a little more bruising today than yesterday.
 
Did or do you find that you have good days and bad days? Or do you have good MOMENTS, and bad MOMENTS?
It definitely was moment by moment for a bit, but then then that streteched out to hours, then to days. Bad moments will come (sometimes with no warning) but they pass. Acknowledge them, but don't be discouraged by them.

I was kind of fascinated by my bruising (ha, not much else to do in the first week!) as it flowed and ebbed.
 
I was kind of fascinated by my bruising (ha, not much else to do in the first week!) as it flowed and ebbed.

:heehee: I have to keep going back and look at my picture to check it out. Almost like I’m trying to memorize it. :rotfl:
 
Your incision looks good. Nice and clean looking in my opinion. What do I know though? :shrug:
I'll tell you this....some gag me :heehee: Yours didn't, so that's a plus in my book, lol.
Hope today is good and the weekend too.
Remember, it might NOT get worse, so don't count on it.
Just sprinkling some positivity dust here :rotfl:
@dogchick
 
I meant to say the good moments stretched into hours then days. Didn't want to scare ya!
 
Back
Top Bottom