[DISLOCATION] ponymad recovery thread

Can you just see him privately for a check? It might be well worth whatever you have to pay to have peace of mind.
I went the private route for my initial consultation. I ended up NHS, but wanted the reassurance of a timely meeting before I proceeded. I agree with Jaycey that it felt like money well spent.
 
Is this your assumption or have you been told this by someone? Because it's not true. You can transfer to NHS any time.

That is what I was told by my Gp today. Any appointment would be months away. I know I can transfer


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you're home Pony and hope it now stays where it's supposed to!!! I have been very careful with my leg placement and how I sit since your nightmare!! Glad you can walk about too. Hopefully it will be a hiccup and you can continue your brilliant recovery.
Sam xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hope so Sam - frustrating! I'm currently half laying on the sofa working on my laptop. It's nice to have some normality. Every chair I go near now has at least 2 cushions on it to make sure I don't break the 90 degree rule!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Pony,
Seems like you've had a busy day! Glad to hear that the incision looks good and that you are back to moving about with little pain. Hope also that you feel more chilled after a night at home.
Take good care of yourself. Look forward to hearing about your continuing progress,
Diane xx
 
I'd discuss it with the surgeon as he can arrange it more quickly. This may not be an emergency but it is urgent
 
Really good thanks everyone! Pain was resolved within 24 hours of the dislocation. I had some wobbles mentally but after speaking to various medics from GP to an old school friend who is a consultant OS and fellow hippies, I am definitely feeling more positive. I'm walking outside daily (with crutches). yesterday was such a beautiful spring day - I did 3000 steps over 2 separate walks. I wanted to go for another but spent a few hours working on my laptop and on telephone calls with my colleagues - again, a very good tonic to feel part of the real world.I'm adhering to the restrictions very carefully and doing my exercises to help build up my strength in my hip area to support the implant. I plan to go to the supermarket with my husband tomorrow - surprised how much I am looking forward to it!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I plan to go to the supermarket with my husband tomorrow - surprised how much I am looking forward to it!
Isn't it amazing how you now look forward to routine activities that used to just bring on the pain. You are doing really well @ponymad !
 
That's such great news!! So glad you are feeling positive. It's good to get reassurance from lots of places. Sounds like you are back on track and agree - have just come back from the supermarket and was quite exciting to be out and about haha!! Nice to get some independence back too. Off for a walk now :)
Great update!
Sam xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So pleased to hear your news. The dislocation experience would have knocked anybody 's confidence, so you have done really well to get up to that level of activity so quickly. In fact, you have given me a kick up the backside!!! Was hesitant about going out as we have lots of building work going on in the road, with ensuing mud everywhere, but went out for a 10 min walk and really enjoyed getting out into the fresh air. So thanks for that!
Sounds like you are progressing brilliantly now. Carry on with the good work and enjoy your jaunt to the supermarket xx
 
Thank you all, everyone's support and positivity helps so much, I'm sure you will all agree. I didn't go out today, raining too much. I've quite enjoyed my day though and I am now making dinner all on my own! Much relief from my family I think [emoji23][emoji23]. I am being careful, still find some nights frustrating and would really welcome a good nights sleep, but it could all be so much worse. Onwards and upwards my fellow hipsters [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@ponymad
Things seem to have settled back to recovery mode quickly for you which is great.
Enjoy Dinner.
Joe.........
 
Snap!!! Have just spent the last hour making a lasagne, so definitely edging back towards normality!
 
Me too also made a lasagne!!! My hubby is so relieved [emoji23][emoji23]!!
Sleep is such a pain isn't it. Dreaming of a full nights sleep!! Was given ok to lie on my non op side with pillow and have tried last two nights. First second is ahhhh lovely and then it's sooo achy I have to go back on my back! So frustrating. Oh well, only had to pee once in the night last night which was a major bonus!!!!
Enjoy your suppers :)
Xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Had to laugh at that ,Sam. If I ever get to the stage again of only one loo trip a night, I'll put the flags out!!!
Xx
 
3 weeks out... I'm feeling ok, I spent most of today working at my laptop and on the phone. I didn't go for much of a walk today, possibly down to actually having muscle ache in both legs and my sides. Possibly from walking, sitting at the hairdressers and having my legs waxed yesterday! Oh, and going to see Micky Flannigan live last night....all whilst ensuring full compliance with all my restrictions. Felt good to almost be normal xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom