Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR dinah's emerged! let the healing begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kim I'm so sorry to hear that you are unwell. Hope it is something transient. Look after yourself and get better soon go well. :console2:
 
hi dinah
nice to see you at home!!sory you had a rough time at hospital.can t believe you so close to me and it so different. in my hosp they put ice cuff on from recovery!!!i am home too now.take it easy !!!xxxx:sleep: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Catherinem, glad you are home now too! How's it going?where did you have yours done? Yes it is just unbelievable about there being no ice cuff! Not only that but the staff I spoke to about it hadn't even heard of such a machine! They had a footstool, but it was too low, I couldn't get higher than my hip til I got home. Having said that, the care was first class, and very attentive. Hardly had to ring the nurse call bell, as they anticipated my every need, and I never had to wait for my pain meds! And you know, don't know why, maybe because my surgeon was so efficient, but what swelling I have had has gone right down and my knees are if anything slightly warm not hot, so I have hardly needed ice so far at all. It is reassuring, however knowing it is to hand should I need it! Hope you are doing well, I'll be looking out for your progress! :friends:
 
Tonight I asked him for a piece of fruit, so he stomped off to the kitchen and came back with a peach with no plate, and no knife...how am I supposed to eat a messy peach ..like an apple? So I didn't eat it, I will eat it tomorrow.
:rotfl: MEN! :hissy: I have a young one of those over here. Thank God they're still mold-able and your hubby has a softer caring side. :angel:

Definitely "hop" in the backseat... well sit down sideways and "booty-scoot" your way inside. :egypdance: Getting out will be another story. :shrug: I think my boys guarded my legs while I booty-scooted to the edge and then stood up using their arms for support, but this was 1 day after surgery.

Dinah, I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well. :yay:

I have my Pre-Op appointment tomorrow.... 8 more days. :scary::scary: :scary:
 
Well it was home made tomato soup with fresh basil today, with fresh home baked bread, and apples picked fresh from the garden!! Yup I'm being spoiled, and I like it! :thankyou: Could get used to this. No irritations today, both of us have now settled down into our new routine. :SUNsmile: I'm going to miss this when he goes back to work next Wednesday. Big day today...staples out. The worst bit is getting into the car, my knees just do not like to bend so far, no sir! :sad: Don't think I will be rushing back to driving at all. Staples came out just fine, and pre-oppers, it didn't hurt at all! I had 19 in my left leg and 24 in my right...strange. I think OS probably did one, and his assistant the other? Because they look to be the same length. No seepage, so no steri strips. One of them overlaps a little, so I will probably have a bump in the scar, but otherwise they look very straight and neat. Very pleased now that they are no longer covered up with dressings I have taken photos, and I will post them just as soon as my legs feel comfy enough for me to sit at my desk top for a while. After all that excitement we came home and I had a long nap! It doesn't take much to tire us out does it?
Hope the pre op appt went well today raQia! Not long now! :yikes: :friends:
 
Yikes! :scary:Don't remind me. lol Actually, I'm excited now and everything went well. I'm all set for the 18th @ 10:30am. I gotta be there at 7 am though. :mcoffee:

Your hubby is "the Bomb" in the kitchen. lol Glad you're getting gourmet meals. My kids haven't decided what their "last meal" before surgery will be. I'll make something good to hold them through the drought. I'm thinking Shrimp Scampi w/a nice salad and garlic bread, or maybe asparagus instead of a salad. Hmmm :umm:There's definitely gonna be some dessert too!

All this talk about food is making my hungry. I just heated up dinner, so let me go....... :happydance:
 
Home made bread- sounds heavenly. My husband is not normally a cook besides grilling steaks but he did really well when I had the other knee done earlier this year. It was most amazing and eye opening in a good way.
 
Absolutely Dinah, just bring some of that homemade bread. MmmMmm :yes:
 
WOW, Dinah, homemade bread AND Pea soup? Your a very lucky woman! My husband lacks that kind of skill in the kitchen but he has been doing his best.
Glad to hear you got your staples out already. It Seems like you just had it done. They weren't in very long were they?
Hope your Hubs is keeping your bottles frozen and you are keeping your new "girls" chilled and elevated. Sounds like you are well on your way to dancin, Girl. :egypdance:
 
Hey guys ! Hubby had a little rant this evening...seems looking after me is tiring him out! Must be all the cooking! Anyway I had a little vent on janis's thread, she has her problems too! Felt better for that, and tomorrow is another day. Going back to the hospital to see the physio tomorrow. Hope I pass muster! Going to catch some zzzzz's :sleep:
 
Hubby had a little rant this evening...seems looking after me is tiring him out!
Pooh! :hissy: I bet you've spent a lot of time looking after him in the past. If the cooking is tiring him out so much, then maybe he should fix something simpler and save his energy for jumping up and helping you when you need it.

But I know I'll probably encounter some of the same attitude when my son is taking care of me. Not that he'll be doing any gourmet cooking, but he doesn't have a lot of patience and hates to be interrupted when he's on the computer. Oh well! I'll just keep reminding him of all those diapers I changed, hours chasing after him, and driving him all over the place.

Dinah, I know you'll soon be up and about more. Feel free to rant to us:tantrum: and continue to allow your Dear Hubby the privilege of assisting you for awhile longer!
 
He apologised to me at 05.45 this morning when I woke up for my pain pills! So I forgave him of course and we're back to normal now he's woken up this morning with a sore back from all the up ladder rose pruning he did yesterday. That is what really tired him out! :yahoo:
 
Men seem to have a unique way of looking at things. Mine kept telling me how hard this is going to be on him again after having to take care of me in January and how much vacation time he took to take care of me so he does not have enough time to take to relax. THat is in between telling me how he is happy to take care of me and help me. They are caring but sometimes over share their feelings and frustration - probably also because they think we should be able to follow a step 1-12 and know what will happen when. We have the knees to remind us they are boss and not what we think and want.
 
a sore back from all the up ladder rose pruning he did yesterday. That is what really tired him out!
Sure, and you became the focus of his frustration. Well, we all do that from time to time and he really does sound like a caring and kind hubby so it's good he apologized:beg: and you forgave.

My son has said a couple of times that he thinks this surgery is going to be harder on him than me!:scratch: I quickly remind him that I don't think so!!!:hairpulling: But part of the problem is that he's used to me being pretty tough and not letting much bother me. And when I had my biggest surgery (1/2 lung removed), he wasn't old enough to comprehend it all. This is going to be a whole other thing, with mobility so impacted. It's hard for folks to understand what they haven't gone thru.

Let us know how your physio goes. :friends: Hope it's a good experience and you have little pain and get a good rest after.
 
I bet you've spent a lot of time looking after him in the past. If the cooking is tiring him out so much, then maybe he should fix something simpler and save his energy for jumping up and helping you when you need it.

Hahahaha! Yeah, save your strength dude. Dinah I bet you were trying to find ways to comfort him with his back pain. :console2: That's what we women do, we play hurt and comfort others even if we're in pain. I think that's a part of where we gain our strength. Helping others helps us. Not all women, some are just Prima-donna's and they gain strength from being helped. Which actually makes more since. :scratch: I wanna be one of those women when I grow up. :umm:

Linda, I had to remind my sons about the diapers too, and the meals, and the clothes, rides to where-ever, whenever, etc. etc, etc. As I am approaching another period of being incapacitated, it might be time for a "refresher course." Men! :hissy:
 
Dinah sorry I got carried away and I hijacked your thread. It was nice venting, don't know how to move it to my thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom