Bilateral TKR dinah's emerged! let the healing begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
he turns it around about himself, he hurts and is in pain.. When I am sick , I take care of myself, I am quiet and clean up after myself. When he is sick the whole house knows,

Sounds like my ex and my oldest son. The fruit don't fall too far from the tree. :heehee:

BOY! do you have a lot on your plate. You just reminded me to have a meeting with a kids again to do a refresher course on taking care of mommy. :hairpulling: I had to call the WHAMBULANCE about a week out of surgery:tantrum: , they just didn't get it. At least this time we all know what to expect. I'm thinking your second recovery will be better "family help" wise.

Gotta run (lol) lots to do before Wednesday! 3 more days :scary:
 
Dinah sorry I got carried away and I hijacked your thread. It was nice venting,

Whoops me too! ready or not, I was following your lead. :heehee: It can be confusing. :what:

To re-post, just hit your "Ctrl" key and the letter "A" at the same time.
This should turn your whole text blue,
then hit the "Ctrl" key again along with the "C" key at the same time.
It's now in your computer's memory.
Go to your page and "right click" your mouse or on your laptop/Ipad
Select "paste" and Voila! :tada:
Class dismissed. :)

HIIIIIII DINAH! Hope everything is going according to plan with you and you haven't had to strangle your hubby yet. :heehee: Like I said, I gotta run. I over did it yesterday and I'm a little slow getting started on the 50 million things on my to-do list before surgery. :sos:
 
it might be time for a "refresher course
Yeah, lay it on thick! :boohoo: .. . all those early years when you had to do everything for him and had seldom a moment to yourself! If you need any help with that, let us know. At least they won't be having to bathe and diaper us (not at this point anyway).:sigh:

Dinah, how'd that physio go?
 
That's ok ready, vent away, whenever you feel you need to! We all understand. After all I did my main vent on janis's thread! It's just how it comes out sometimes! Sounds like your hubby wants to help, but maybe doesn't know the best way to go about it! At least hopefully his heart seems to be in the right place! Your daughters and granddaughter sound to have many health problems of their own, and probably rely on you, so this will make. It hard. Must be so difficult when you are the lynch pin that holds everything together. As RaQia
, BW, says, this is so often the role we women find ourselves in. When it is our time to need support, often it is hard to find, almost as if, those who rely on us, don't want to give up that receiving role, even temporarily. Hope hubby sees the need and is able to step up to the mark when you need him! :console2:
 
Sometime we need the whambulance to remind them that we need there help and they will be helping and serving us. We having been taking care of everyone and put our last. Now it our time to be served.
 
Hi Linda, thanks for asking. The physio went really really well. Have had visitors over the weekend, two lots both days, which was lovely, so haven't had much time to post. Th pt was with Johan, the German physio who I was a bit scared of, but he was really nice. And what's more he seemed really pleased with what I could do. Now I really do believe that there must truly be a difference in the uk and USA approach to pt, or should I say the European approach, as Johan is certainly not from these isles. Any way he had me working my legs back and forth on a skateboard, from a sitting position, and that made it easy to do, then I was raising my knees with my foot on a low bar, and that was ok, and then I sat down and tried the pedals of one of those low recumbent portable bikes, and I amazed myself by being able to push the pedals right the way round. Never once did he touch my legs, or try to get me to push harder or bend further. He told me my movement was really good, that I already had 90rom, without measuring, and that was fine. He saw me walking unaided, and said I didn't need to use the crutches indoors anymore, and in fact that I didn't need further pt, although I could have it if I wanted it.! He gave me strengthening exercises to do, he said it was all about building up quads now, and that the further rom would come. I walked out of there on air. He really made me feel good about my progress. Again he told me I was young for this operation! And so would do well. Most folk are in their 70's or 80's he said". So I am good with that, sounds like Johan and Josephine have been having a chat! I am doing my exercises, and feel confident that further range of movement will come when it's ready!
:dancy:
RaQia, I know it's only 2 days now, I feel for you. Hope all your preparations are going well. Will soon be all over and your second knee will be joining your first! Go well... :console2:
!
 
Any way he had me working my legs back and forth on a skateboard, from a sitting position, and that made it easy to do

My son has a skateboard, this sounds interesting. I would love to hear more about this.

Thanks everyone, I'm exhausted and still have lots to do. I'll vent about the clean-up session with my teenager tomorrow. :gaah:lol

Goodnight/day ladies :friends:
 
Hi Dinah,
Sounds like you are doing TERRIFIC!! I can't believe you are walking in aided already. How cool is that?

I hope your Husband is being more supportive, still cooking lots of yummy meals and isn't pruning anymore bushes so he is saving his back to help you!!
 
You are doing awesome to be without walking assistance. Congratulations on this and your ROM also.
 
Thank you all! Yes I too am amazed how well things are going....I must have some OS, I am going to tell him when I go for my follow up next month! I think I'm going to start the "less is more club" , it certainly seems to be working for me! Remember who won the race? It certainly wasn't the hare!! I am having a great time, pain is well, controlled, swelling seems right down...hello new 1/2knees...I can see you, I can feel you! It is wonderful to feel knee bones again of normal dimensions...big inner lumps all gone. My new knees look normal, it's a long time since I could say that! Bruising is nearly gone too! Haven't walked outside yet, only in the garden picking apples! that's going to start tomorrow, with hubby, last day before he goes back to work....sigh...overall he has been great, and I have been able to have the rest that has served me so well. Have had another visitor today, and hubby did lunch, now that I am not so tired I am really enjoying this! Not having the need for naps in the day now, but am still tired in the evenings and so going early to bed. On Wednesday my daughter comes, so looking forward to that.
Hey Jennifer and leeja! Yes hubby has given up the pruning thank goodness and he is still baking the bread! Today we had the rest of the pea soup he froze pluswensleydale cheese and chutney sandwiches, plus a plum crumble (cobbler) that I threw together with some Victoria plums that our next door neighbours gave us in exchange for some apples. I did it with the aid of a processor really fast, and he took it out of the oven for me. I love this time of year! My visitor today brought us some home grown veg, carrots, beans and leeks, and we have just been up the garden picking damsons from overhanging branches from next door! Got 2 1/2 lbs. well i didn't pick of couse, i just stood there on my new strong legs holding open the bag!I feel more jam coming on when I am able. My daughter who is coming is a vegan and a good cook so who knows what I will be eating soon! Good job hubby has frozen some of his stews and hot pot, as he has a more traditional palette! His back is fine now and so is his temper! Go well, both! :egypdance:
 
Oh, so sound so good, Dinah.:happydance: It's wonderful to hear.

When I hear about PT over there across the waters, I wish I could move. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I just have a feeling I'll be fighting against the old USA ideas of "no pain, no gain" and PT is supposed to be work and pushing to the limits and beyond.:hairpulling: I hope not, but we'll see.

Your talk of food is making my mouth water! Sounds wonderful. Glad your daughter is coming.:kittykiss: They are usually more help than the men!
 
It is wonderful to feel knee bones again of normal dimensions...big inner lumps all gone. My new knees look normal, it's a long time since I could say that!

YAAAAY! I know how you were looking forward to that! :friends: Mini skirts... here you come! :egypdance:

I like the idea of the "Less is More Cluc" LIMC! not sure if my ADHTripleD self :happydance: will be able to participate on a regular basis but I'll tryyyyy. :skep: Seriously, I do know what to expect now, so I will do my best to take it easy till I go back to work. :yawn: Once I'm in the trenches... It's ALL HANDS ON DECK! :shrug:

Hope you're having another Kneeeasy day :flwrysmile:
 
Great to hear you're doing so well. You'll be a new woman before you know it! Linda x
 
So glad to hear you are doing so well and that hubby is feeling better. Your food sounds scrumptious and wonderful - I love damson plums - actually I love all fruit and veggies though not a vegetarian - all things in moderation is my motto. My hubby has settled down some and getting into the routine which is helping him - he is one for a routine and gets grumpy when things are out of sequence for what is in his mind - he got a bit bent when I asked him for just a small piece of baked potato instead of just not eating all of it. He is being kind though and he does care - he just does not deal well with schedule upsets and not having me around to manage the usual stuff like cooking and laundry and shopping. He is still a good man and has other great strengths that I lean on.

Look forward to hearing what your daughter makes for you with all those veggies you got from your neighbor.
 
Hi all, lee, my daughter made a sort of Thai curry with carrots, courgettes (zucchini) and other veg. It was very nice and made a change for me. It wouldn't have done for hubby, no no, he doesn't do exotic food. Mediterranean is about his limit! However she wasn't working to our time scale, so lunch came at 4, hubby had yesterday's leftovers at 6 when he came in which he was happy about, and dinner came at 9 !! We had it on a tray in front of the tv which is not usual but was ok.. Daughter has had to go back to London today , coming back Sunday, so it will just be hubby and me tonight and tomorrow.
Now the damsons! I have been thinking, not enough for jam , but if I put them with some of these yummy apples I should be able to make some luscious jelly. And jelly you don't stone peel or core, so should be simple right? Also you do it over 2 days. To make it even easier I have sent off for a jelly straining kit! I'm sure you couldn't get that when I last made jelly years ago. So as soon as that comes I'll be off, and daughter can help next week . She and her partner will be staying til Wednesday.
I posted a pic of my new knees 9days post op on the badges of honour thread. Not bad, even if I do say so myself!! :egypdance:
 
Jelly does ship right? :wink:

Oh I forgot, I already have a lot of jelly in my Thunder and Lightnin thighs. My bad! :giggle:

Glad you can get around well enough to make fresh food dishes. It's gonna be frozen stuff for us for a while, and the food we receive from my co-workerd. We have meatloaf coming today. Mmmhmm
I was just saying that I hadn't had that in a while. I better get on my CPM machine, food's coming around 4 and my P/T at 5pm
 
Hey there RaQia, food coming round for you already? You home from hospital? Meat loaf sounds yummy!
Think I might get thrown out of the LIMC! At least for today! I must confess I have been naughty! Not only did I make my shepherds pie, which was just about ok, but my legs were tired as I also cleaned up the kitchen... But later on after a good rest, and elevation, I threw a hissy fit, as hubby had forgotten my weekend paper, and didn't want to go out again... I mean I could have given him a list of what was needed and wanted, but oh no...these little things loom large when you are stuck indoors don't they. So I stormed off in a huff, and I walked into town! It's several times further than I go on my daily walk. I just got the paper and I came straight back. Knees didn't like me much, they are a bit swollen, and a little warm, but i seem to have gotten away with it. I've apologised to hubby though, as it wasn't fair to take it out on him, he has looked after me well, and noones perfect! :umm:
 
I can just see you "storming of into town." lol Did you bring your cane, or walker? :rotfl:

It's so hard to rest when you want things done... your way! :tantrum: I'm contemplating a trip to the grocery store, but that will require too much for my 3 day old knee. The problem I have (aside from being at the mercy of "the male species") is that I've tasted freedom and now I can't get in my car and drive, or even go outside right now because of the stairs. :cry: Whah Whah :tantrum:, somebody call the WHAMBULANCE! :sos:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ooooooh, Sigh.... Aaaaah! I feel better now that I got that out. :yes:

Glad you got your paper, I'm gonna hobble into the kitchen and find something for us to eat. My youngest already raided my secret snack bag! :sorry: How dare he!:gaah:
 
Hi, no I didn't take crutches or walker...! How daft is that, I was too embarrassed to be seen with them, :sorry: but I must have looked a fine sight In my Capri length pants with my bright white ted stockings and sandals! :rotfl: I started out fine and strong, but by the time I was walking back I was hobbling! :groan: Oh I had a right day..I complained about hubby's dinner too he hadn't prepared any potatoes to go with it, and i was really hungry!! :shrug: I have noticed that because he doesn't ask me, or properly check the fridge, we are running out of sta ple foods..and I am getting so frustrated, :headbang: WE've no oj no cheese! Oh well I've just got to let it go by, but I will be 3 weeks post op on Monday, and this lack of control is beginning to pall. Maybe I will be able to do a supermarket shop next week, if I don't browse too much and he takes me, we'll see. :bow:
Yeah, I should have called the wham balance yesterday, maybe it would have driven me into town!! :heehee:

You are doing really well RaQia, to be home already, but it must be so frustrating being back to square one after having already tasted freedom! :sigh:

But hey! I feel like having a pity party today. My son who has been on vacation in California since 4days before my op, came back on Monday,and hasn't yet bothered to call me, :boohoo: and my daughter who I had such high hopes of, served me dinner at 9pm and didn't properly clean up afterwards, and then went back to London the next day, so I cleaned up for her while hubby was at wrk, as I didn't want him to be mad :tantrum: . He has kept the kitchen in such a pristine condition, I wouldn't have blamed him! Now, daughter and her partner are expected back today, but although asked, have failed to inform us when their train gets in. The station is 7miles away and hubby had offered to pick them up, but he is fed up at this thoughtlessness and has gone on a bike ride. :bicycle1: So if they call while he is out, they will just have to take a taxi!
He is out of sorts anyway as the old kenwood chef that we have that he uses to knead his bread dough, collapsed in spectacular fashion yesterday! The whole innards of the motor fell into the bread dough, sending metal fragments everywhere! :hissy: So another purchase has to be made! He can't knead by hand because he has got arthritis in his thumb joints! This blessed condition gets everywhere! :gaah:
Y
Daughter has just phoned, she sounds very tired. Her train gets in in an hour and a half. Wonder if hubby will be back in time? Oh, family joy! Rant over, as you say, that feels better. Good job I made that shepherds pie, and there is some of her vegan curry left! :tada:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom