TKR Diane's LTKR.....Done!

@dianehelen Yes, I am taking both percoset and tramadol. The tramadol is used for breakthrough pain in between doses of percoset. Not taking it much anymore. OS had no problem prescribing it for breakthrough pain. I feel it really helped and lessened my use of the percoset.
On another note, we packed up the raised toilet seat yesterday. Don't need it anymore! One more small step towards healing and normalcy. I am down to about 3 5mg of percoset a day. I'm hoping I got my last refill this weekend and won't need it after that. We'll see.
Prayers and good thoughts for you for your surgery this Wednesday.
 
Oh ok, so you took the tramadol inbetween doses of Percocet, good to know. You really seem to be having a really great recovery. Hope I am that lucky.

Thanks for your good thoughts :-)
 
I also took the oxy and tramadol at the same time!

Diane it feel great to put away the medical equipment, so liberating!

You are doing green in your recovery.
 
Hi all,
I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. Prior to my LTKR surgery my left thigh was significantly bigger than my right. I had hoped this would resolve after the TKR but it has not. I have very little swelling in the TKR leg. I am wondering if maybe I didn't use my left leg as much during the years prior to surgery due to the pain and it is just "out of shape?" Hoping that will change now. Anyone else experience this?
Thanks.
 
Thought I would try asking above question again. Hopeful someone has some experience with this too.
Thanks.
 
Diane, my right thigh was also bigger than my left one. Of course, it is even more so now. It makes sense that the leg wasn't in as good of shape as the less painful one, so it sounds like we have some work to do! Hiss!!
 
@sisterinhim. I think you're right. I know I favored my good leg for quite some time prior to surgery. Exercise here we come I guess!
 
Yeah, doesn't sound like much fun, does it? But, the best part is we can do it in the future without that terrible arthritis pain. That will be a huge help! My quads have been weak for so many years and I'm looking forward to dumping this cane of mine! It's been my companion since '91 and it's time to go!!
 
Totally agree. I am actually looking forward to being able to exercise without pain for the first time in many many years. I have a recumbent bike that I am so anxious to take for a ride. Haven't been able to do that in almost 2 years...and never without pain. We can do this!
 
Looks like there are several Florida ladies on here. I'm in Naples. Mental recovery: I was looking for the Florida weather and lifestyle when we moved here. Now, six years later and with both knees replaced, I am ready to live it. I can't wait to take my grands into the waters of the Gulf and be able to walk back out without help! It maybe a while yet, but I can see it happening at least. On the physical recovery side, I still have my raised seat, shower chair, cane, walker sometimes, icebags, oxy twins(contin and codone), RIME, driving restrictions, outpatient PT, aches, pains, home exercises, pops, snaps, and clicks. BUT, I am happy to take all of that to be rid of the OA knees that I have been suffering from for the last ten years plus! I am so thankful to have found Bonesmart and all of the great people on it. I may not post very often but I read a lot. My mama always said that you learn more when you keep your ears open and your mouth shut!
 
My mom use to live in Naples back in the 60's and 70's. I loved visiting her from Michigan. It was a different world. Now I am in Gainesville and love it here. I do a lot of reading of messages and not a lot of writing. Others say just what I was thinking. On Wednesday I will be at the magical 12 weeks post TKR.
 
@Florida gal My BIL lives not far from Gainesville. Another BIL in WPB. I am a KY girl transplant! On Wednesday, I will be 6 weeks out. I feel like such a wuss compared to other people on here. But, like they say, we each have our own recovery. I think a lot of it has to do with what bad shape I was in to begin with. Happy reading, catch ya later!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Well, had my 6 week OS appointment on Monday ( actually won't be 6 weeks until Thursday.) OS is very happy with how I've progressed. Extension is zero and he eyeballed my rom at about 120. I am off all meds except an occasional hydrocodone if needed. I take occasional Tylenol too. Still icing a lot when I am sitting still for a while. Don't ice at night much anymore. Sleeping has been an issue but I don't stress about it right now...I can always nap during the day if needed. That will not be the case though when I go back to work. OS gave his OK to return to work next week. Part time for 2 weeks and then work up to full time. I'm ready to go back but a little concerned about the sleep thing if it continues. I can honestly say this recovery has been easier than my first TKR ...much to my relief. I have no real pain anymore, just some dull aching at times. Oh, and I still get the occasional zinger that makes me jump. Now just need to start preparing for my hubby's 2 TKR's in October. One knee is being done Oct. 11th and the second one on Oct. 18th. I think we are going to buy another ice machine so he has one for each knee. We will certainly be the bionic couple soon!
 
You are doing so good! I can imagine you two going through the airport with all the implants! You'll drive the inspectors crazy!
 
You are doing really well, I'm sure your recovery is encouraging to your husband for his up coming TKR!!!
 
Well, my plan is to go back to work part time the day after Labor Day. I am thinking of trying 3 half days for the first 2 weeks. Then maybe try 3 full days the next week and then back to full time. I guess I'll just see how it goes. I know I will be tired and will have to ice and elevate at work and when I get home. I feel ready though. I will be 7 weeks post op this coming Thursday. Still have some aches when I overdo. Taking mostly Tylenol with an occasional hydrocodone. Hopeful that all will go well.
Wishing everyone a PAINFREE healing day.
 
Good luck with going back to work...it's not easy!!!
 
Glad you are doing so well.....take it easy going back to work, it will be a strain on your knee so take time to rest and ice :ice:
 
Back
Top Bottom