TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have progressed so far. Your postings are now more coherent than the original ones. :snork:

If you are more comfortable in your recliner than the bed you might want to try sleeping there at night. I hope you have a better day and you get in some good cats naps during the day.
 
Cant sleep in recliner, never could, just doze on/off. See how today goes. Also itchy from meds, pretty typical
 
Yes, itchy will pass! I remember it driving me nutz tho- but it did pass. Your comfort will return in stages- it just takes some days. We're going to help you get through them!

The best thing I did in those 'raw' days was let the oxy take me away in sleep! I was never a recliner sleeper prior to my replacement. Oddly, those naps during the day in my lift recliner became so sweet I ended up spending the next 3 months there, ha! I felt it hugged and protected me during the night. That was just my experience those first days home.

Sleep my friend. Your knee is on it's own recovery course now. That's tough for us control freaks but the best you can, let go mentally! Embrace the ice & meds. You've come a long way already just getting back to your own loving crib with a brand new, (ouwie for now), future pain-free knee!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery
    Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 10.09.39 AM.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:
It will be getting better each new day. You are already seeing improvement in your walking! Naps help to add to your sleeping, so take every one you can take! Your hubby is wonderful to you! How is his tummy doing? Mine wasn't a morning person either and getting him up for work was a scary situation!
 
He is feeling good, or so he tell sme. But I think he is. He just got up and redid my ice machine. I think I'll keep him.

Did the dreadded mathroom marathon. But so far am seeing some progress,always a good thing. Sitting up feels pretty decent.

Oh home health just callled, will be here between 11:30 & 1:30
 
Maybe she'll cut off the bandage! How is your diarrhea? Are you keeping food down? It will be quite a while before you get much of an appetite. It was at least 6 to 8 weeks for me. Try those protein drinks, if you can.
 
Following your progress -- sending prayers and healing thoughts your way.


RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/2016
 
Over the counter Benadryl or the generic equivalent usually helps the itchiness. I took it for a few days with the first knee and was surprised to not really need it for the second.

Dozing in the recliner counts for nap/rest/healing time, so go ahead and indulge to your heart's content.


Jean

RTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 June 2016
LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Oh good, that protein is so good for you and helps with the nausea, too.
 
Ya just, remember is not my first joint replacement. ;-) ,will most likely not be my last
 
I hope the pain is getting better for you, I didn't have an ace wrap neither only the bandage over the incision so the ice could penetrate better.

I hope you find relief!!!
 
Ok home nurse just left, very very nice , very thourough. Changed dressing, nice & dry, almost no drainage,a good thing, then dressed with a dry dreaaing (abd pad, remember them well from hip days.) Covered with netting barrier, now I feel the ice a bit more.
Here is netting with dressing under ice pad
[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery


Here is my scar, I think it looks pretty good.

[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery
 
Your incision looks great! I'm glad you've got the ice machine humming along nicely. Your job now is the ice, elevate and take pain meds around the clock. Did she mention to you about PT yet?
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
Diane, it looks so good! Not a lot of swelling either. You're going to do really well!
 
@dianehelen
Sorry to hear you are having difficulty sleeping at night! Just wanted to throw this idea out there...I have an rx for hydroxyzine, which is basically Benedryl. However, it helps with sleep, itching, and anxiety. I know it has been a lifesaver for me when my PTSD is triggered and I can't sleep. Maybe this could help you too?

Your incision looks wonderful! I hope you feel better a little bit (or a lot bit) each day!

Jen
 
Diane looks good...it sounds like you are feeling better, you are writing in English again, lol

It all stars to improve from now on...just don't do any acrobatics or salsa dancing and you will be ok:flwrysmile:
 
If you start seeng lots of bruising showing up on your leg and foot, don't panic, it's just part of the joy!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom