TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that things are much easier at home. I found that I could take one pain pill every two hours instead of two every four hours for the first few days. It seemed to give me a more normal dose without the ups and down.
 
Sorry you are so miserable, diarrhea is probably from all the meds.

Things should start looking up for you soon , The first few days are really suckie, once you are home it will be better.

I'm glad you can sleep!!!

I wasn't kidding about the abs, Those first few days, ouch!!!
 
Hospital Calling 70oxy 7.5 and 30 ,50mg tramadol to go home today with. I do want to be home but dont know how I will handle it.
 
You are getting a good supply of meds for now. I never walked at all in the hospital. Too painful. It's kinda funny that your having loose, rather than constipation. No appetite is pretty universal afterwards. My hospital had the menu you order from any time you want, and I'd order food then never eat it. Then tried ensure and it was disgusting. It took awhile to get my appetite back.
 
Ya I do everything opposite from the rest of normal people, everyone gets constipated, not bizrro me, I have has tge big D three times today.
 
Thinking of you today Diane. Glad you've got a great arsenal for pain.

Mark me.. you will survive this early recovery despair in good Scot fashion!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery
    Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 3.25.15 PM.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 389
Last edited by a moderator:
He is gorgeous! Diane, I bet that makes you feel better! It did me!
You will be so glad once you get home! You have control over yourself then. Just sitting in your own chair with the ice machine going is a huge relief. You'll find that you can walk a little more each time. At first, I was so afraid to try it, then after a few days, it because old hat to me. With you, you have the runs, with me, it was the pees! Either one of those makes you get up and get to the potty, so they are good for you! Use the bathroom, then ice and sleep. It's a good routine! We are all rooting for you and will try and help you anyway we can! Enjoy the relief of being home!
 
Hi Diane, just read through your thread. It is certainly a very painful experience isn't it? I went home at about 6 p.m. on Tuesday. Then my pain started. It was really bad that night and the next day. Thursday it had improved quite a bit. In a way I wanted to stay in the hospital. The care there was so good. I wanted to go home at the same time and that's what I did. The first day when I first got up I went to the bathroom and back to bed with the walker and the aide hanging on to me. I have been able to walk since the surgery except for the second day - Wednesday. I did it but I'm still sure not how. Extremely painful. I'm taking oxycodone and celebrex. I also throw in some Tylenol. It seems to be doing a pretty good job. Here's hoping we have swift recoveries.
 
They are sending you home with a good arsenal of meds, things will start to look up soon. Once you are home you will find a routine that works for you!!!

Sending you healing thoughts!!!
 
Yeah, the ride home can be a challenge. But soon you'll be all settled in.
 
The ride is no fun, but things will be better at home...get some rest my friend :chillpill::ice::sleeep:
 
Yippee! There ain't no place like home! Be sure and let us know how you are doing.
 
By now you should be home with your knee up on your pillows and your ice machine humming along. Once you have control of the meds at home things will get better. Sleep when you can. I hope you are feeling better soon! :flwrysmile:
 
Diane, I'm so glad you're going home! I hope you're able to take the meds and have you stomach not rebel too much. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Home, o. My pillows & ice.im having trouble typing and staying ficused, feel like I've been hit witn a truck

How cold is ice supposed to feel? I have a dress i ng and an ace bandage over incision, and bare@y feel. It cold. But when I reach in, the pad. Feels col d. Im dreading making a potty run, but need to soon

Ate 2 bites of dinner, no apetite all all. Pain .good if I dont move
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom