TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery
@dianehelen you probably can't concentrate enough to do much typing yet, what with all those meds and what you've just been through. We will all still be here when you are more up to it. You've helped so many, now it's our turn to support you.
Tabby xxx
 
My brother and BF laughed at me when I was in the hospital because I couldn't get through a complete sentence. You are doing good to be able to type when some of us couldn't even talk!
 
I barely remember the first 48 hours, let alone typing!
Did the PT at least have ice? Just rest, don't worry about BS. Sleep, sleep, sleep...:sleep:
 
I agree sitting in a chair is not a good idea and two hours is madness. Sitting in the bed much better. Yes you are loopy from the pain meds so typing will be pretty strange. Agree with everyone sleep sleep sleep and take your meds and ice. Hang in there it will get better. :sleep:
 
I'm wondering about the chairs as well. Where I'm going, they do a similar thing to what someone else described, although the other poster was from a different state. They walk you down to therapy wheeling your chair next to you, then you sit around for a group therapy session with other joint replacements, then you're supposed to stay there in your chair for a couple hours until the afternoon therapy session. I did ask if the chairs elevate, and they do. I'll make sure I bring all my pillows with me. I also asked about ice, and was advised that I can bring my ice machine along. So I'll be the one trundling alongside the chair piled high with pillows, a blanket, my ice machine, my Chapstick, my hand lotion, my peanut butter crackers, and my iPad.
 
Taking percoset w 5/325 every 4hours plus ajust oxyevery 12. I w a s also taking dulauded by thry stoppoed that now. They say that's al@ I get. Pain is very bad today. I have another 40. Mins till next one. I wa in the rec@iner a bou 1.5 hiurs, then gave up. I think if I home with y pillow stack & real ice machine hope it will be better. This mach i ne us col wated. But because of so much ace bandage around it barely feel it. I mostly s
Dosing to escape the pain with my headphines and music in my ears

So far not happy camper. NOT sure when I . An Go home. At this point I can bareky walk 5 steps. Is that normal
 
Before you go home they should be taking all of that heavy bandage off and once you start the real icing you will get relief. Sorry it has not been the best post-op hospital experience, they lied to you about ice machines, not nice!!!
 
Ok afternoon pt just left. Entire session wa getting me to the bedside potty& back into. Bad. Im exhaused niw. Hung leg over bed rom was about 60 extension close to zero. Pain now at 8. Pills due in 10 minutes. So far this really sucks
 
Can't they give you two pain pills, I was able to take 2 if needed!!!
 
I also had 2 percoset 5/325 every four hours for the first couple weeks. The first night they gave me one to see if it helped. Nope. Give me two!

I don't get the "sit in a chair" thing, either. I was told NOT to until I could get to 90°. I was in a wheel chair for the PT class, but that was it.


Diane, it *will* suck for a while, but will get better. Don't do more than you can and keep those meds on time. I hope you feel better.

:: hugs ::
 
@dianehelen the second day was bad for me too but you shouldn't be that uncomfortable- make them give you something better - not everyone reacts the same to pain meds


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
Oh Diane, we can't have you at an 8! I see you wrote that 49 minutes ago, so I hope it's down to a 1 or 2 by now. If it isn't, get your doctor involved. They have a lot more tricks up their sleeves, and should be able to change your meds so you're comfortable. You're almost through what I consider to be the most difficult day. Hang in there, m'friend. This too shall pass.
 
Sleep is good (helps you heal). Emotional is normal. So sorry about the ice and slow pain meds.


Jean

RTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 June 2016
LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
i also had extra pain the second day, the nurse called the doctor and they gave me oxycontin which I took for 10 days. The nurse called it the big gun!! It made quite a difference.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom