Guest viewing is limited

TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the deep tissue massage felt good at the time. But as the day progressed it swelled and felt very sore. Had to ice it the rest of the day. This morning still somewhat sore. So who knows if it helped,or made it worse, but maybe it feels sore because it's healing. Who knows. Just another curve ball in this adventure in healing. It sure requires a level of patience and frustration I have never been good at.*sigh*
 
Wow. Thanks for posting that explanation. I'm thinking my weird thigh pain may be the same.

Is your knee more swollen after the massage? Mine got very swollen after the PT masage (it felt good but at the time I was wondering if it was wise to wiggle my kneecap). The swelling could have been coincidence.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Sorry. I must have been posting the same time as you. So, the massage might have been the cause of increased pain and swelling? Hard to know.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Ya, and today it's even more uncomfortable & swollen sitting with my leg down ughh wth?

My left knee now is more swollen. Does this seem like slight, moderate, or major swelling?

[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery
 
By Josephine's guide, I believe it's moderate. Why can't PT leave well enough alone! You were doing so well! I think you are another proof that PT can actually cause a knee to have a set back. Please take it easy for the next few days and get that swelling back down. I am so sorry you are going through this. You have been exceptional in your recovery.
 
Ya @sistersinhim im gonna cancel tomorrow, then see how I feel next week. I think I'm starting to lean towards the title of a Doors song :hairpulling: "This Is The End" regarding pt sessions
 
Moderate swelling, in my opinion. My knee must have been hyper-sensitive, because I wouldn't let anyone touch it for 3 months after surgery. The PT did massage my knee, but not until 3 months after surgery. If you're noticing more pain and swelling maybe hold off on the massage next time.
 
The massage felt so good at the time. But not good enough to pay for it with this pain & swelling

Oh ya, today is LOGs 5 week birthday. I guess I'm doing better than I thought I would, and not to sound ungrateful for that, but it sure does get weary , exhausting, frustrating to get thru the mt everest marathon event that seems like I have to get thru each day. Best AAhhhh moment of my day is gettng into my bed, and getting the ice machine revved up.

Happy 5 week birthday LOG

[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery
 
I feel the log pain! Last night I woke up and had to get up to go to the bathroom, and was back in bed thinking, "when will the day come when I won't dread having to use the toilet because it involves the pain of standing and walking. " But it will come! These are the last couple months of this ongoing pain.
 
Oh no, sorry @greatlakes , sorry about your late night potty run pain. Another thing im grateful for. Once in bed I never have to get up at night to use the bathroom. I'm sure that's one of the things that should ease with time
 
Diane, I love your log birthday cake! And Happy Birthday log! @greatlakes, I have the opposite problem. I don't have to 'go', but the knees wakes me up and I have to get up and walk. This has been going on for years, not just the new knee. Of course, it's the worse one still.
 
Love the cake!!! Happy Birthday to Log!

They discharged baby knee from PT (because of surgery scheduled for geezer knee). I am not rescheduling. I can do the exercises here, and I just remembered today the condo gym has a recumbent bike. I went and used that. I truly think PT, even my gentle PT, did me more harm than good. I'm glad to know the massage is what caused the swelling. I loved it when she was doing it, but my gut told me wiggling the kneecap and jostling around the joint just didn't make sense.

Your ROM is way ahead of what I read from people who do aggressive PT early on. Why do we keep messing around with it. I bet 20 years from now PT following a TKR will be totally changed. I've been reading a lot of research about aggressive PT after TKR. There's scant evidence that it improves outcomes and a growing body of research that shows it does nothing. The anecdotal and scientific research on this site makes me a believer in the less is more philosophy.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
@dianehelen- we are celebrating 5 weeks together! And it seems we are having similar issues - doing well and pt messed it up!! I now have swelling and warmth and discomfort! I was fine!! So annoyed! Hope you feel better soon!


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
lol...love the log cake [emoji6] congrats on 5 weeks & how far you've come!!! [emoji846]


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Hoping there won't be a next time, but you never know. Left knee is on VERY strict orders to stay healthy! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better. Another 2 months and you should be forgetting some of this pain. My headaches have started back, so I think more about them than my knee. Can't function with pain, and I have to make sure headache doesn't turn into migraine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom