Guest viewing is limited

TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that back of leg pain and put a towel, hot from the dryer on it (not under knee)

I suspect it is ZBS (zombie bite syndrome)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Ice helped for a little while, but mostly it was just time.
 
I had a brief pain there and my trainer said that it is the beginning of sciatica caused from tight buns. He recommended heat. It went away quickly for me. I sure hope yours goes soon.
 
Sciatica usually starts around the lower back/butt area, this starts like on the outer side of my rear mid thigh, just to the side of my knee. And its weird how sitting in my recliner its fine, but if I sit up on some regular chairs, or my seat in my car, it bothers me
 
I hope when you wake up tomorrow it is magically gone or at least better.

It looks like you had a fun day today, good for you!!
 
Sciatica doesn't have to start from your back all the way down. I thought that too but I recently learned differently from my chiropractor. It could very well be sciatica.
 
@newlybionic huh, but can sciatica be just the small area of about 8" above back of my knee, down to the outside egde of it? Whatever it is, I'm not liking it. Tried heat, doesnt seem to do much. Tried ice, same. Using Deep Blue rub, maybe helps a tiny bit, short term. But even that is hard to tell because anything I use, is when I'm in my recliner, where it doesnt really bother me as much as other seats, or the car.
 
I'm sorry you got this nagging pain. It must be caused by the difference your new knee is making in your gait, maybe. Is it easing up any at all? Have you tried stretching it? I really don't know what to suggest it. I pray it goes away quickly.
 
Who knows, just really annoying. Hard to tell if its easing up or not, because it only comes up in certain seating situations. Like right now I am sitting in my office, in my Herman Miller expensive office chair and its not bothering me, so who knows.
 
Oh, it has expensive tastes! It only wants the best or makes you pay another way! I really hope it go away so you can enjoy your new knee!
 
I am just back from PT and I have to say, with all the horror stories of pt therapists and facilities, I must have lucked out. Either that or my conversation with Amber, the therapist, before we started and set the stage for how I would do PT. Anyway, I went in today and told her I wanted to discuss and get some advice or specific exercises for this pain on the back of my leg. She sorta asked a few questions, had me show her where and how the pain was and where it traveled from. I showed her, she asked if she could touch my leg , I let her, she pressed around and asked if it was sensitive, it was in some areas. Then she blew my mind. She asked me if before surgery , if anybody told me or mentioned that I had any degree of valgus deformity. I said a resounding yes, my leg before surgery was totally curved/knock kneed. She explained, that when my leg was curved that way, the tendons, hamstring, and IT band, adapt and shrink up to conform to how the knee bent inward. Once the surgery straigtened my leg, all those tendons, bands, etc, have been stretched to accommodate my now straight leg. That just made perfect sense to me.

She had me lay on my back and put my feet on a giant ball a slide it back while bending my knee.


Then she did a deep tissue massage right off to the side of my knee, and said she felt a very tight knot, that would also impact that pain. She did that for about 10 minutes and it actually felt good.

I am home now, up and iced, took an 800mg Ibu and 100mg tramadol.

If nothing else, I think I have an explanation for this pain, that doesnt help the pain, but helps my head understand it. She said, it could last a while, or fade soon, the old everyone is different story.

So thats my day...
 
Things like your pain seem to pop up every so often for me and I wrote it down to the trauma of surgery to my muscles, bones and soft tissue. I'm glad you got an answer and are not as worried, it'll probably take a while for your body to work it all out. Does your pain medication touch that pain?
 
Good to know, it makes sense. I was really bowlegged, so I'll store this info away. Glad the massage helped some.
 
It's always good when we can understand what causes the pain. Somehow that relieves much of the anxiety. I am so glad you got answers and hopefully relief will follow soon.
 
That was a great explanation for your pain,mi does make sense, I hope with PT it will go away soon.
 
Good to get an explanation so you are not in the dark about it. It does make sense. We don't realise what all these ligaments and muscles and tendons are doing until something upsets them, but at least you know it will come right eventually. Hope that's sooner rather than later.
 
Knowing the cause of that pain is bound to be a relief. Was the therapist able to help to lessen it at all?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom