Guest viewing is limited

TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
@greatlakes Any day now you will begin to not dread going to the bathroom. I think the last couple of weeks for me it has been no problem, not even quite as bad as it was before the surgery with the sore knees.
 
Happy Birthday Log! Sorry I'm a few hours late for the party. Just remember PT=no touching your knee!
 
So, the nice pt massage, that I gave her permission to do, that felt so good when she was doing it? Ya that one. Resulted in more swelling & pain now in my whole upper front side of thigh. I was iced all day yesterday, and felt like I had a big setback. My decision from this is, I was leaning on stopping PT. Well today, even AFTER ice all night, is STIIL swollen and painful. My "lean" has now turned into, IM DONE. Calling to cancel pt today, telling them I'll call back to schedule for next week, and then just won't. Ughh I tried to follow BS, I thought I had it under control, but that one deep massage that felt good at the time, has mesed me up and set me back. Not happy, NOT going back. Ok y'all have permission to say "I told you so"

:shrug:
 
I'm sure no one will dream of saying that Diane, especially as you were so forthright and articulate in what you would/ wouldn't allow. How were you to know that something that felt so good at the time would leave you feeling this way?

Feel better soon.
 
You may be able to have the massage again at a later date. I just think you're still too early and the soft tissue still isn't totally recovered from surgery to benefit from a massage. I think I said in another post, I was totally insane about no one touching my knee just because of the pain I didn't want to endure. I was 4 months from TKR and 3 months from infection surgery before I allowed a massage. It did feel glorious and I felt no repercussions from it at that time.
 
No reason for us to say we told you so. You set up your grounds with the PT but how would you know that the massage would effect you that way? Just regular walking will be enough PT from here on out.
 
I love your log cake...even when you think you are over most of the pain sometimes it reminds you that "hey, slow down, I'm still kind of a baby here and you need to take better care of me" Mine was telling me this yesterday, it has been crazy busy at work, not moving much from my desk and my foot was a little swollen and the knee was achy, I know it is my fault, she is behaving and I am not.

I hope your present discomfort gets better soon!!

I think you are having remarkable recovery over all, unfortunately, even with good recoveries we get to experience a great array of challenges and discomfort, but it does get better each day.
 
Ya challenges for sure. Thanks guys for the encouraging thoughts. Just feeling kinda down today. It's so wierd, walking feels a little stiff but tolerable, but sitting , unless elevated, even a little, my whole darn leg aches. From my back & side of my thigh, even to my shin. It's like I traded in knee arthritis pain, for all over leg ache/pain. I know patience, patience, & then more patience, but arhhhh, I'll keep trying, cuz what else can I do. The one given is:

NO MORE PT .
[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery




Oh, whine over.
 
How were we to know a massage would hurt us? I'm just glad you posted about it because I thought I was crazy. It did feel SO good, but I paid for it for several days. Never again. My knee is a "no touch" zone (except for kicking-- I will kick anybody who tries in the future :).

Ice on, knee-sister. It will get better and you are smart to cancel that PT!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
@sheliac where did they massage your knee? Mine was just to the left and about 3" above the knee. Now that area is more swollen than it has ever been. How long did it take to get back to where it was before "the massage incident" Ughhhhh
 
The only place they massaged me was the back of the knee, it felt really good and it did not bother me afterwards.
 
I hate to say that I had a massage when in PT and it didn't hurt me afterwards. He massaged around the knee cap and moved it back and forth to check to see if it was tracking OK. It was. Maybe it is where they massage, how long and how hard that makes a difference.
 
Never ever would we say, I told you so. I've been one of the worst on here for going against common sense and overdoing. So, even without PT you can have a set back. But, at least you are in total control and totally responsible. Your therapist should have known it was too early to treat your knee area like she did. She's the expert supposedly, not you! You put your trust in her. It backfired. But, it's temporary. Your leg will recover. Don't ever blame yourself. Just take what you have been through and learn from it. These tkr leave our knees very, very vulnerable. We surely need to treat them like the infants they are. Sending prayers your way, cause I KNOW they work!
 
Paula is right, we have all been there before, things will get better!

I will be having heating pad on the back and ice on the knee tonight :oyvey:
 
I love you right back, Diane. You have always been there for me!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom