TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dianehelen your scar looks really good. Soon it will look as smooth as @Floridagal scar. So glad the zombies did not get you last night. It's because all the zombies were driving on I-4 last night according to my husband.
 
Zombie bites!! Oh no. I forgot that, too.

You scar looks great! You two have some pretty knees!

I hope today is a zig day! Zig on, my BS friend :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
zombies were driving on I-4 last night
Gee they better get he!! Offa there. We are in the "maybe" stage of trying to get out to the beach house next week. Not sure I'm ready for the almost 2 hour ride, but we have not been out there since mid july, before the storm. My husband is wanting to make sure all is ok, so if we don't go, he may have to run out there alone over a night.

How are you feeling today?


ZIG on for you too @sheliac , you ready for round 2 Tuesday? I could not even imagine doing this so soon again.
 
Good going! My steri strips have been falling off too, only a couple left. When I went for my post op on Sept 8 my surgeon told me that if they hadn't fallen off within a week or so I could just pull them off.
 
so I may be losing my mind.. but yanno what doesnt hurt too much?
MY KNEE

But yanno whats killing me and really annoying and painful?
this pain down the back of my thigh!

Ughh, Im trying to do the hamstring stretch exercises, and trying to walk a bit and just live, sorta, but this pain down the back of my thigh on the outside area, almost to the area behind me knee is REALLY annoying me

Any thoughts, suggestions, or is this just one of those, suck it up and get used to it?

We are heading out to dinner, our old Saturday Night, Date night sorta thing, and my worry now is not necessarily holding my knee down, but sitting with this thigh pain which is weird and hurts more sitting than standing or walking.

Maybe wine will help...
 
I imagine it's just one of those pains that visits and then goes away. You could've stretched a bit too much or sat the wrong way. I had all sorts of weird pains that went away after a few days. Try icing the area and see if that helps.
 
This pain has been with me about a week or so now, and if anything it's gotten worse. Maybe because I'm moving more, who knows. I just want it gone
 
Scar looks great. I remember pain in back of my thigh being an issue. Then it wasn't. I don't remember when it left, but it's gone now.i think it's tight hamstrings from so much elevating.
If you go to the beach house can you sit in the back seat stretched out? I was at 4 weeks when I did the long 3 hour drive from Seattle to the ferry and to home and I was quite comfy in the front seat...large roomy car. And I was still in a big pain stage.
 
Hi Diane, I don't blame you on the 2 hour car ride to St Pete. The only way I would go is by sitting in the back seat with my leg propped up. Hoping everything is fine with the beach house after that last tropical storm. I am was doing really good mentally all week till this afternoon, had a quick pity party now I am better. Just tired of seeing all my friends posting pics of their gun outings on Facebook, lol. Date night with your wonderful husband sounds like a great idea. Love hearing about your adventures. I am not sure about the pain in the back of the thigh. Could it have happen from your first PT session? Maybe try a heating pad on the back of the thigh. Hope you enjoy dinner out tonight!
 
Nah that pain was there before pt. I mentioned it, she gave me some hamstring stretching. Eh.

Sitting in our favorite Italian restaurant, drinking wine, waiting for my chicken sorentino making the best of it.
 
I have that very same pain and it also started a little over a week ago. I'm wondering if it is an aftereffect of the tourniquet. The pain goes from the back of my knee up the back outside of my leg about 4 inches.
 
Ok good to know I'm not alone, and it's not zombie bites

Btw dinner was yummy. Wine was wonderful. My first wine
 
You know, Diane, those hamstring stretches could be making the pain worse. Why not stop doing them for a while, and see what happens?

You aren't trying to elevate with a completely straight leg, are you? That's another thing that causes pain.
 
Dinner and wine, it feels nice to do all those normal things again eight??

Your scar and @Floridagal look really great. My husband thinks I'm crazy because I tell him my tkr knee looks better than the other one, it's nice and round, the other one is boney, lol

I cooked dinner for the family yesterday and it was wonderful to get together but I was sooooooo exhausted when they left, I think the tension from the previous days hit me yesterday, I believe I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.

I hope your pain is better, have an amazing day.
 
Breaded steaks, yellow rice, sweet plantains, salad and Cuban bread. Purchased a key lime pie, beer and wine, and wrapped it all up with an espresso...it was yummy!!!
 
@dianehelen the staples to close is another thing that seems to really vary between one place/surgical center and another. I had nary a single staple, so maybe he glued my leg shut? Do they do that? I had these tape-like steri-strips on, and they make those from longer ones since I watched my OS re-dress mine when the blood clot oozed out night before I was to come home. The steri-strips were on for 10 days with a thin foam honeycomb dressing overtop them, encased between two, super-thin adhesive layers. The steri-strips then we're on for about another 2 weeks before they all fell off or were helped!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom