TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nahh I never overdo. If anything has helped me is that I am a great under doer. :)
I dont cook, I dont clean, I dont do any yard type work. I dont even groom my dogs, a mobil groomer comes to my door.

A woman after my own heart! Well, I don't have dogs, but the rest is my motto.
 
Yes! I'm the queen of under-doing. Changing the sheets = rest of the day off :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Hey kids! What time is it? Why, it's PAIN DU JOUR time. Todays new pain is a kinda deep ache in my lower thigh like 3" above my knee and about 3" over towards inner side of leg? Could this just be another random, just to mess with me pain, could it be from my pretty short, wagon assisted stroll around the store yesterday, or is it a fatal flesh eating bacteria, about to destroy me. I woke up with this and felt it as soon as I unwrapped LOG from its ice pajamas.

Oh ya, and let the good times roll, found out my credit card was hacked. 50 attempts to use it, most denied, 2 went thru which is what alerted me. Had to cancel card, wait 7-10 days for new one, then try to remembef all the things that card was tied to. Ughhhhh arghhhh grrrrr. I hate dealing with this turd pile. Not to mention no use of it till new one arrives.

This day better start improving asap
 
Oh goodness. I am so sorry for your credit card hack . That really sucks.

I had to laugh at your fatal flesh eating bacteria fear. I'm right there with you and I never had a hip infection! I had that thigh pain -- it's probably from your bike ride, at least that is what I decided about mine.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Just revel in the pain du hour -- it's a sign of healing.

I had the credit cards thing happen while I was on vacation several years ago. You're right. What a pain that was to get everything that was being automatically paid by that account switched to a different one on motel wi-if and a laptop. I missed a few, but got that fixed quickly when I got notified about the automatic payment not going through. What a hassle.


Jean

RTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 June 2016
LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
So sorry about the credit card. Card hassles are not good when there is so much else to deal with - like a new pain suddenly surfacing. Do you have any idea how it happened?
 
o you have any idea how it happened
ya I woke up ;)

it would not be there if I didnt wake up

No, no clue at all.... do we ever know where these random pains come from, or what causes them? seems every day a different area seems to say, me me me, pay attention to MEEEE
 
Gee, your PAIN DU JOUR is a new one on me, too. I think it's probably just push cart pain...see, too much work! No pushing carts around.
There will be pain, and there will be pain....

Interestingly I just had a credit card hack as well. 11 attempts in one day....luckily the bank alerted me so it's just the hassle of getting a new card, updating the automatic payments, etc. but this is the second time this year with the same bank.
Strange thing is that it's my US credit card and it was used when I wasn't even there. But that is apparently part of the mo.
 
Diane, I think your new pain is from your new activity. I still get different pains every now & then, just like the new 1 I told u all about yesterday.
How scary about your credit card. Marilyn has had it happen 3 different times. We're using cash more when we can. Have u found the culprit?
 
no, no real way to tell. I do a lot of online stuff, both personal, and business and have over a dozen companies that have my card on file for things I need. Its more annoying and inconvenient than anything. It was caught very quickly and didnt really cost me anything, just a pain in the butt to go re set a new card for all the accounts

Ya im going with the new pain, from increased activity. I did use some of the deep blue rub, and maybe its seems to help, or im talking myself into it, who knows..
 
Diane it's not flesh eating bacteria it's a zombie bite :heehee: my friend you have a very over active imagination,lol

Sorry about your credit card, been there, done that ughhhh
 
OMG! I forgot about the zombies, gee thanks for reminding me.. now I will need 2 xanax to fall asleep

:rofsign:

Actually as the day went on, and I used some Deep Blue, I think I feel a bit better..
 
Diane, you can use heat on your thigh - a wheat bag, or something like that. Just keep it well away from your knee.
 
I think there needs to be a new emoji added to bonesmart of a zombie in your honor!:heehee:

I developed different aches and pains from my toes to my hip and back post op. I never knew what each day would bring. Are you still using the muscle relaxer at all? It could have just have been your quad tightening up from all your activity lately.
 
Thanks @newlybionic for the confirmation re odd pains, toes to hip. Guess just part of the trauma to healing progression of this journey.

No finished up the robaxin, doc didnt think I needed any more, and honestly I didn't really feel any difference when taking it.

And oh ya, made it thru the night with no zombie attacks.. :dubious:

.. Lets see what today brings,

Have a painfree, healing day all
 
So the streristrips were fraying and starting to catch on things, so even tho PA said they would stay on about 2 weeks. Well they lasted a week & 2 days, and I "helped" them off. I dont think it will mess me up. So here is my naked scar as of this morning. The little scab dots along the right side were where those miserable embedded stitches were, that made me scream as they were dug out. Ughh. Still dont really get why I had 34 staples AND 15 stitches. Just told, that's his preference. For the most part I think it's looking pretty good, healthy and the best part, no sign of infection.

[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom