TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane, I have not yet been to a Fresh Market. The Harley shop is 8 minutes from my house. The Cancer Center that I work at is right pass the Harley shop on the left side. I drive by it twice a day and they are always busy. Wow that was a deal of the century, a win for each of you. Do you ride with him? My husband had a bike before we met and still wants one. I tell him he has to sell the boat in order to get a bike. Has not happen yet. Now my son said he wants one for his college graduation gift as he wants to ride across country before he starts "adulting". So not what this mother wants to hear.
You ladies are brave as I would not want to ride with my husband. To many bad drivers out there and 2 years ago while in the Bahamas I wrecked a motor scooter sliding on the left side of my body across two lanes of traffic. Talk about a swollen knee. And yes teamwork is a beautiful thing.
 
Umm no I have not ridden with him in many years. It's his thing, and he doesnt even ride it much. He just loves having it. And I love my walk in jacuzzi :-) win win
 
It does feel good to get our of the house, I'm glad you had a nice time!!

I stayed in all weekend except for grocery shopping, I felt really rundown all weekend, babysat the two little ones for around 3 hours, that was fun.

Already Monday tomorrow, wow how the weekend flies:(
 
@thecoll it took a while for him to convince me to get on the bike, but once I did I was hooked, I find it very relaxing, we usually only went for rides on Sundays. Who knows maybe I'll be able to do it again soon :)
 
It sounds like you had a very nice dinner out. I seem to miss so much when I'm only off one day here and there.
 
I wonder the same thing. I have been more active. In fact, last night I woke up in the middle of the night very uncomfortable and took 2 oxycodones, the first time I needed them for a few days. I hadn't done anything much the day before, but the day before that I did do a bit more than usual.

I had 6 PT sessions at home and that's it. Did not go out to PT.

I do not hear any clicking, but I do feel a slight clunk occasionally in the new knee.
 
Wow, a night on the town! I too have noticed smaller laundries. No socks since the big day, tend to wear pants and tops for two days, since I'm just lying around.
 
Your restaurant project sounded fabulous. Doing a normal outing is good for your mood. Your meal sounds yummy.
 
My click comes and goes. It seems to happen more when I first get up. After moving around a walking a bit, it goes away.

I wanted to thank you again for showing me the avatar directions. It solved a lot of site mysteries for me! I have just been using the app on my phone. It's a whole different look and direction on the website. You ROCK!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
My pleasure. Nice to know, even tho now retired, that my technical teaching skills are still able to communicate to help others. I traveled the country as a contract technical trainer for the last 15 years of my active professional career. I love sharing information, and trying to customise and make it understandable to different levels of learners. Thank you :-)
 
@dianehelen now you are talking my language. I am a Business Systems Analyst in health care and I implement and maintain new systems (EHR, PM systems, Dragon, Meaningful Use etc). Also I do the training with staff and MD's. I absolutely love it and my goal is to get my two new knees then become a consultant. I need the new knees in order to make it thru airports and the walking with traveling. Whats funny is I can run circles around the systems at work but when I have issues with my computer at home I need my husbands assistance. He laughs at me.
Have a healing day!
 
That is so cool, Diane. Wow! I wish I had had you in my professor days . IT people usually made me feel like a doofus. Having someone who is positive and can explain at a level of the learner is a gift. You have a rare talent!!! Woot!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Thank you @sheliac . It's funny how my circuitous life led me to technical trainer & documentation author. I went to college to become a teacher, but when I graduated 1972, there was a glut on the market for liberal arts teachers. I was certified for high school history, social studies (history another passion) looked for a job for a year, gave up, got an entry level job on wall street (New Yorker, transplant to FL) They trained me and pd for my graduate studies, eventual MBA, in office automation accounting. Worked over the years getting more & more hooked on tecnology. Eventually moved to FL, kinda bluffed my way into a job with a small software company to learn their system, create the documentation & training materials, and work on system changes, upgrades etc. Over the years, various escalating jobs, computer & tech related, that culminated in an offer from an international tech training company to teach their new web development course, this was mid 90's as the web was first starting to overtake life as we know it. This was the start of an exciting & exhausting career of travel, teaching and full immersion into the world of technology. I had come full circle, combining my love of teaching & knowlege sharing and my love of computers and IT. By the time i retired I had 3 major tech training companies who I was teaching various web, graphic, and programming courses for.

@thecoll at home im also the tech & network admin, husband is pretty low level on that front ;-). And YES to contract consult with travel needs TREMENDOUS stamina and good knees. The reasons I gave it up was from exhaustion from the travel & standing and teaching 8 hours a day. But it sure was fun, challenging and exciting for many years
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Diane, I'm in awe! You were in the right place when tech just took over. I was a Luddite for the longest time. To be able to combine your interests and talents into a career is fantastic. I know I loved the IT guys at my job here...always able to solve any problem and with such nice attitudes. And, over the pone, too.

So please tell me how I can turn off email notifications from everyone I follow. I've un checked various boxes but they keep flooding into my email. Help! I just want to read them on the site.

Hope you are having a good day today.
 
urn off email notifications

Ha! Wish I could. Not having accesss to the server side admin access to whatever software runs this forum, not much I can do. Ive tried myself to turn off all email settings I could, but still have to go clean out my inbox of dozens of Bonesmart emails every other day or so
 
Ya me too. I read the thread in bugs, but still can't figure it out. Thanks
 
Click on preferences, a box will pop up, you should be able to change it there so you no longer receive e mails.
 
Before we get laid up, the real world isn't appreciated. Now, it is! We learn to appreciate a whole lot of things now!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom