TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Sometimes it feels like I am kicking my leg out too far in front of me, but I know I'm not walking like that. Supposedly it also gets better with time. I hope mine really is better in a year 'cause we're going back to Myrtle Beach next summer. Lots of walking when we go there.
 
Clicking sensation is normal, apparently, lots of us have it, it's a bit strange at first, but when you know there's nothing wrong, you get used to it. if you are particularly concerned though, ask your OS for reassurance.
 
Diane, I literally had ever area, muscle etc of my leg from below the hip to my foot hurt at one time or another, as soon as one ache gets better a new one replaces it, it got better at around 4 weeks.
 
As for the clicking sensation I noticed more at the beginning, part of it I think is because I knew it was not my real knee so I was always looking or listening for something unusual, I don't even notice it anymore.
 
@sistersinhim Amazon may not be the best place to get them, they need to be 100% pure essential oil and therapeutic grade, I use Edens Garden, they are very good quality, very affordable and free shipping within the USA. Edens garden sells on Amazon but they are a little bit more expensive than on their website an den it's not Prime shipping. Many of the ones on Amazon have fillers like coconut oil. If there is a specific problem that you want to address message me I may be able to share info, I'm not an expert but have been doing research.

You can also look on Pintrest and get ideas which oil can helpful.
 
@uva55 is doTerra the right grade? I have heard some mention that brand and they are on amazon. I also see the deep blue one that @thecoll mentioned. I think I'm gonna order that and give it a try.
 
Yes doterra is very good, but you have to be able careful, doterra themselves do not sell through Amazon, I purchased one doterra oil thru Amazon and when I received it the deal was broken, so it was a scam, they fill empty doterra with a cheap oil and sell it. Young living us also a very good brand, but both of those are pricey, from the research that I have done, I found the three most reputable companies with 100%pure, therapeutic grade old are Doterra, Young Living and Edens Garden. Edens Garden is the only one that is not a multi Level marketing company, therefore their oils are not as expensive.

You can make your own muscle relief cream/lotion or oil rub, for example, I have unscented Cerave lotion, which I love, and I add the muscle relief essential oil, I have another which is Cerave lotion and I added lavender and roman chamomile essential oil to help me relax and sleep. It's much more affordable if you make e it yourself and it's fun. I made a roller bottle of the muscle relief and fractionated coconut oil which I carry in my purse, and another one with lavender, peppermint and fractionated coconut oil for stress/headaches.
 
Hamstring. Tight. I had that and didn't know why. Probably in just about the same time frame as you. I was probably starting to walk more then, too.
They went away. Don't remember how or when. They just did.

My knee clicks and clunks. It's strange. But I only notice it at home. Probably outside there are other things to focus on.
 
Well, wish me luck! Decided that today is the day I am going to make an effort to be humanlike.
Orlando, where I live, has a thing each year called magical dining month. This is where many many of the local upscale restaurants have a magical dining menu, that includes an appetizer, an entre, and a desert for a fixed price, that is all inclusive and in general less than the regular individual entrees.

So we have reservations for tonight at Seasons 52, one of my favorite restaurants. I know the seats there and they are comfortable for me. And at a table I can have an extra chair to put LOG on if i need to.


So I took a shower, actually put on underwear for the first time in days(well other than the OS visit), yes embarassing, but who needs underwear to lay on a recliner with LOG on pillows all day. ;)

Gonna rest and recoup from the exhausting shower adventure, then put on real clothes, and go

OUT TO DINNER!
 
I have been to Seasons 52 one time, I want to say it was by Dr Phillips area in Orlando. It was so yummy. It will also give your husband a night off from cooking and dishes. I am right there with you on the under wear, there really is no need to wear them when reclining all day...freedom or as my son and husband say "going commando". Have fun and enjoy!!!
 
We head that way often as there are more options for dining then here in Lakeland. My husband worked for a construction company called Gibbs and Register in Winter Garden for 10 years. They had jobs all thru out Orlando, Titusville, Orange City, Sanford, Tampa, Clearwater basically all over central Florida so he knows where the better dining is. Plus we dont have a Whole Foods so when we want a change from Publix we hit up WF near you. Small world.
 
huh again @thecoll small world. I used to shop at WF alot, but a few months ago a Fresh Market opened like RIGHT near my house, so we have become FM addicts lately.

as for Lakeland, MY hubby loves the Harley Davidson shop out there. ;) We stop there occasionally on the way home from the beach house. In fact it was at location that I offered him the deal of the century. I said he could buy a bike, if he agreed to the go ahead to do our master suite addition to the beach home. When we met 43 years ago he had a bike, but sold it when our son was born and has wanted one again ever since. So HE got his Harley, and I got my master suite complete with my walk in jacuzzi tub. Teamwork, its a beautiful thing
 
@dianehelen my husband owns a motorcycle also, a Honda, I used to go riding with him, have not done it in around 3 years because of the knee!!
 
Yum, yum! Getting out and doing normal things is so good for the soul!
 
a motorcycle also, a Honda

How cool. When my husband & I met, he had a Honda, in fact we met while he was on it , interesting story hehe

Dinner was great, shared a blackened steak/blue cheese flatbread, then each had spinach salad. I had a filet mignon with mushroom sauce. Then the yummy mini indulgences deserts, I had a pecan pie & a chocolate smores. They are awesome tiny desserts in shot glasses. By the end I was really done. I was kindy achey and uncomfortable the whole ride home. Im back on my throne, up & iced. Tiring, but felt good to get out into the real world for a bit. Now time to rest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom