TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, so sorry to hear that it was so awful. I don't know why they do stitches and staples and why they don't use dissolvable. Thankfully it's over, and watch that stubborn little remaining stitch. Another thing to worry about.

But the good news is that your bend and flex is above average! Celebrate that.
:ice: All of your icing and elevating has brought great results.
 
your staple removal
The staples were not bad, it was the stitches that were killer. Ughh. Never really got a good answer why he used both, just his preference the pa said. Lucky me

As for your rom, you'll get there.
 
You lived!!!! :yes!:

All kidding aside I'm glad that it's over with and your OS is happy with your progress so far. I hope you can enjoy a good night's sleep tonight.​
 
Awful hour, sorry you had to experience that. But I'm so happy with the picture of your straight leg and blended knee!
 
Oh Diane, so sorry to hear about your painful suture removal. I hope you feel a lot better since they are gone.
 
Diane, I'm sorry you had such a bad time with staple and stitch removal. :console2:
Stitches left in too long do tend to get buried and it's never easy to get them out. That's what happens when you have to wait for 3 weeks.

If done properly and at the appropriate time, clip removal shouldn't hurt much. There's a certain knack to doing it, so that you cause minimal pain. I used to love removing clips/staples and have my patients tell me that it didn't hurt as much as they were expecting. Embedded stitches are always difficult, though.

Now you can move forward, without having to dread that nasty little episode.
 
Thank goodness that's behind you, that was like adding insult to injury :yikes: but it will all heal better from now on, and your progress is great otherwise.
Tabby xxx
 
My husband's staples hurt when removed - they told him to come back in 2 weeks. Well, what they meant, but did not make clear, was that he was to come back 2 weeks after the SURGERY DATE, not 2 weeks after he was released from the hospital, where he had been for 11 days! So they had gotten embedded. Nurse asked him why he waited so long and he said this is 2 weeks. She explained it to him at that time. Glad you have had them out now. It should start feeling better any day!
 
Well crud, just did a long post, and it looked like it posted twice, so I deleted one, and now its gone grrr

Too lazy to redo, but the basics were, staples was not too concerned, having had some removed in march from brain surgery, stitches looked like they were going to be bad, they were worse that I imagined, downright excruciating

Rested well last night, was given ok to go back to my advil pm, which I did, and slept right thru 3am drugs.

Doc said wine ok as long as done with oxy, or if occasional oxy, make sure 8 hour buffer on both sides before/after a glass if wine. Driving @ 6 weeks. I may alter that to 4 or 5 just to do a quick drive thru food run, give hubby a break. And swimming also at 6 weeks.

So Today a project a super easy coconut custart pie I saw on facebook. Im all about easy. This one looks magical. Mix all ingredients together, bake, and it becomes crust, custard & coconut topping all layered together. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Then I may make a few calls to pt places, or I may not :dubious:

Have a healing day all
 
With your ROM and extension why bother with pt. You're doing great on your own!
 
I'm glad that's over for you!

I gave my PT a copy of the Bonesmart way and told her that is what I would be doing. The in-home therapist was great about following it. I didn't take it to outpatient on the first visit but you can be sure I'm taking it the next time! I agree with Sister -- your ROM is great without PT-- why mess up a good thing?


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Yanno?
With your ROM and extension why bother with pt.

This is looking more and more like the way... But just my curious nature, maybe just go, state my case and see.

I am most looking forward to getting back to the gym and my wonderful swim days. Few more weeks for that. Incision still nice & dry, encouraging me, please let that stay that way.
 
Another chapter closes. Home PT guy just came and closed me out. Chatty fellow, but he was ok, not pushy.

Says he has another lady whose surgery was same day as mine, and is really pushing and wanted more aggressive PT to get back to life faster. She is my age, and guess what, her rom today was 82/10 hehe what does that tell us? Mine is 92/0 doing VERY little. I know everyone is different, just interesting to see

taking it easy today after my day of terror yesterday. I did bake my coconut custard pie, but that was another brain dead easy recipe and its already in the fridge cooling.

Thinking of maybe braving it, and going out to dinner.. we shall see
 
Look at you condidering going out to dinner, and you had doubts you could do this!!! I'm so glad you are feeling better today, coconut custard pie... I want some :)


By the way I told you so:egypdance:
 
By the way I told you so
Yes you did, and you were SOOO smart ;)
Here is pie for you!!
[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery


but decided, not going out to dinner tonight. Maybe soon tho..
 
Well, the universe owned you, and it paid up! I'm happy to hear you're having a good recovery, minus the horror of stitches. Well, you can't have perfect.......
I'd go to the PT and check them out. But going swimming and gym sounds delightful.
 
Diane, not fair, virtual pies don't count, but it sure looks good.

I don't blame you for not going out to dinner, Friday nights restaurants are kind of crazy!!
 
How are we feeling this morning my friend, aside from needing a Mojito??? Lol​
 
@uva55 feeling ok. Top part of incision still a bit sore from the stitches dug out from that area. Those last 2 were absolute killers. Ughh . But otherwize feeling half decent, which surprises no one more than me. Having some achiness like on the back of my thigh, like hamstring I guess. Which the doc & pa said were pretty normal. It's just making it hard to sit upright on a regular chair, like to eat a a table. But I guess sitting with my leg down in general still has a short window. How long was it for you, until sitting at a table was more tolerable?

And you,my friend? How is your saturday going, other than the stress of waiting on your next medical adventure?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom