TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how sometimes the people who like to give the most advice know the least about it. Take no notice, and come on here and have a good moan, we all agree with you :yes:
 
I hear you, Diane! I just smile and nod my head. Inside I'm thinking the same thing you are, mind your own bizwax!
 
yep @sistersinhim and yanno, of the 4, I sorta was more annoyed at the two who DID go thru TKR and said how painful the PT was, yet, even after telling them im doing ok with NON painful PT, they were very negative. Why would someone think having more pain is a good thing? The 2 that had not had it, had the argument , of well my mother, sister, friend, uncle, etc etc had it, and did the PT and bla bla bla..

But Oh well, people... such is life




,
 
It reminds me of a friend I had years ago who would say, "just smile and nod your head." In other words, don't tell them if they're not open to it.

"Yes I am doing *my* PT!" meaning that I'm doing it *my* way. I did that with my dad the second time he mentioned PT.

I figure if someone will only hear what they want regarding PT, let 'em hear it.
 
I think it was Roy Gardiner on this forum who said to " treat this free advice as worth the price you paid for it". I loved that statement!
 
Another milestone. Our son came for dinner last night, and him & hubby switched out my lift recliner, which is great for the motor lift to almost standing, but is hard and hurts my back & butt after sitting it in all day. Im now back in my soft comfy lazy boy recliner, with my 4" riser platform. Im easily able to sit, use the handle to raise the footrest, and lean back to just about flat, and close it back up and stand up. This chair is more comfortable, but does have one small issue. It's a bit narrower, and it presses on my 2.5 year old, still annoying wound from my 3 surgery hip replacement nightmare. But hopefully should overall be better.

Today is a big day too, going to see OS for the first time since surgery, and get the annoying 34 staples & 19 stitches out. Will take 15mg oxy/650mg tylenol before going. Hope after so long they are not too embedded in my skin. My 3 big questions for him. 1.when can I drink wine, 2. When can I swim, 3 when can I resume taking ibuprofen. I'm sure there will be a discussion about pt, see how that goes.

Hope everyone has a healing day.
 
Happy staple removal day Diane. Your OS is going to be thrilled with your progress! I will whisper a prayer that you feel no pain.
 
@dianehelen PT yesterday was to say the least upsetting. I posted on my recovery thread but the short version is the therapist really pushed the knee, even using a strap to get more bend. My ROM was only at 70 then she lectured me about MUA said she was going to tell my OS. Then I started crying. I left with copies of home exercises to do and she wants my ROM at 80 today when I go to PT. Many reminded my on my recovery post that there is swelling from the aggressive PT which is restricting the bend. I need reminders to keep me in check. I am icing and elevating at the moment.
 
Ughh ya @thecoll I posted before reading your post. I am sorta looking at your experience as a roadmap of what to expect, and how to handle it for my outpatient pt adventure. Hearing about your experience, sure makes me wanna just say no to the whole thing. But I'll see.
 
I had 34 staples as well. I hope the removal went ok, and was not too uncomfortable, and that your OS is pleased with his handiwork and your progress so far. I think you are doing really well.
Enjoy your comfy chair and rest :sleep:
 
I like @mamazipp's alternative -"or lie." I'm not trying to explain the two different philosophies unless I see a possibility of helping somebody. Nor am I about to get into an argument. To friends who toss off uninvited advice I follow the zipp line: "gotcha, I'm on it, sure thing." Then I go off and do what we do here. And infuriating as it is, keep repeating through a smile-shaped grimace, they only do it because they care.
Audrey
 
I'm saying a prayer for staple remover. When I worked on a surgical floor we often used a little lidocaine cream to numb big incisions before we removed staples that were imbedded. If it is hurting too much, you could ask for that (they may not have it, but it doesn't hurt to ask). Most times, it's quick and is "ouch you" but over very quickly . If there is a staple that is really "stuck", insist that they moisten with saline to loosen it (only takes a minute). I bet you don't have a bit of trouble.

Love that you got your comfy chair back!! I bet it feels almost as good as bed heaven!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom