TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday- evening. Woot on the adventure!! I can't wait to go out to eat.
I'm praying for good birthday night sleep and rest for you.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Thanks @sheliac . So far I've been pretty lucky on the sleep issue. Have slept in my bed from the time I came home. Just had one wierd night, Tuesday where I just could not fall asleep. But I'm pretty tired this evening so should be a good night. How are you coming along? Quite the adventure isn't it?
 
@dianehelen So glad you had a great night out. You're probably tired but it's a good tired. I sure the dinner out was good for both you and your hubby.normal feels so good!

@sistersinhim we didn't have any damage from the storm but it sure rained a lot and the wind reminded me of the Hurricanes I experienced when I lived in Wilmingon,NC. At about 4 in the morning the wind was just howling. Hope others got through the storm without damage too.
 
No, I'll have to put it on my list. But Light Between Oceans and The Nightingale were epic for me. Literally couldn't stop thinking about The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, not her typical book.
 
Birthday outing a success! And now you have lots of pie. Sounds like your appetite is returning? I'm glad that LOG behaved.
 
Good morning! What a blessing to sleep, eh. I'm like you in that -- I've slept so soundly every night except one. My doc has me on gabapentin at night, and I think that helps. I can easily sleep 9-10 hours :)

I hope your Saturday is excellent


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Good morning Diane, I hope you are doing well this morning!

Are you still getting rain?? We are :(
 
Morning Clara. Im doing pretty ok. As for rain, we pretty much dodged a bullet with this storm. Our worst rain was Wednesday & Thursday. Yesterday just a few short showers and today the sun is out. Im a bit concerned about the beach house, not knowing when we can get out there to check, but hope all is well. That house is built with about a 2 foot rise off the ground, so hopefully we are ok.

Hubby just woke up, as I have pretty much re assumed my role as morning dog caretaker. It's a bit of a challenge, but feel it's doable, and gives him a bit of a break and a bit more sleep. He is cooking me an egg on an English muffin right now, after he got my ice machine from the bedroom and set up for me.
 
I'm so glad you got over the hump and are doing so well in your recovery...see I told you it was going to OK!!

Have a pain free day!!!
 
Good morning. Glad to hear your birthday breakfast went great. I also am giving my hubby a break by taking out the dog more frequently.

Is there anyone you can call to check on your beach house for you?
 
Is there anyone you can call to check on your beach house for you?

No sadly not really. Since we dont really live there we dont really know any neighbors. For a while last year we dud briefly, but they moved. We'll just have to wait untill I feel I can sit in the car for just under 2 hours. Once there I would also have to see if I'm ok in my recliner there, that's not a power lift one like I am using here.

Nice to be able to do dog duty huh, give the wonderful hubbys a bit of a break. What kind of dog do you have?
 
.see I told you it was going to OK!!
Yes you did! Long way to go, but seeing progress is a good thing. Next hurdle, staple, stitches removal and hope that goes well and the incision stays dry, no drainage (that's when the problems started with my hip, so a bit of residual fear in my head)
 
Yes it is wonderful to be able to sleep in bed at night. I thought the storms has passed but it us pouring here. Luckily where I am here in Lakeland we are 200 feet above sea level so we do not have to much flooding issues. I have also taken over dog duties in the morning so my husband can sleep longer. @dianehelen where about is your beach home? Hopefully not where Hermine came thru. Woke this morning and had more swelling then normal so it looks like a great day to elevate, ice and watch college football.
 
@thecoll our beach house is on st pete beach, a mile north of the Don Cesar hotel. We are right off Gulf Blvd, 2 blocks from the beach. Hope it's ok out there. Sorry about your swelling, could it be from aggravating it from pt the other day? Hope it feels better. What kind of dog do you have. I love dogs, :puppysmooze::dogwalk::doggie:
 
I know exactly where that is. I love going to Pass A Grill beach. The local news has not shown too much about St Pete, mainly Crystal River flooding, some flooding on Clearwater Beach. Hope all is well with the home. We have started looking to purchase a vacation home that would eventually be our main home. We love the Keys and vacation there yearly but it is so pricey so now we are looking west coast area. I have a yellow lab and a corgi. What kind of dogs do you have?
 
Pass A Grill beach.
Yep, you do know exactly where we are. I love that beach too, but like Sunset beach even better. We bought that house in 2008 and the original plan was to move there full time when we retired. But when that happened I changed my mind and didnt want to give up my life, doctors, friends in Orlando. So we kept both houses and don't take big vacations, just spend a few days, to a week at the beach, so far it's working out well.

Awe Corgi and Lab. One small one big, sweet. We have two big Golden Retrievers. I have loved the breed for 40 years.
 
Hooray for getting out and a successful outing at that. @sheliac I have a question re the gabapentin, I'll go over to your thread to ask.
Audrey
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom