TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
The banana bread is the first thing that has tasted good to me since surgery! Thank you, thank you!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
There's a bit of a theme going on here. I've just treated myself to a nice set of measuring cups so I can do American recipes. So I can give yours a try. I just love the smell of it baking. It's good that your appetite is improving, that will help your recovery a lot.
 
That is the same recipe I use to make banana nut bread. Very simple and oh so yummy. It is good to see @dianehelen that you are doing better. Each day seems to bring improvement.
 
Wow, Diane, if you can even think of food that tastes good, you are on the upswing now. That is great! Now you just need to figure out a restaurant to dine out at....of course the storm may postpone your birthday meal for a day or two, but its still a good goal!
 
Our son came over for dinner tonight, we picked up take out Boston Market, and I actually sat at the table like a real person to eat for the first time since surgery. Granted, I could not sit for very long, put food on my plate, ate it, got up went back to my throne with my pillows, and ice,, left hubby and son to finish. But it was somewhat of a milestone to sit on a regular chair, at a table and eat, not balancing food on my lap on a recliner. Slow, slog, baby steps, but at least in a somewhat forward direction

Tummy has been a bit better, but now Im sorta waiting for a regular bm, after days of diareahh. I just started sorta eating on a regular basis the last few days so I guess eventually it will happen. Im afraid to take any softners at this point. See how the next few days goes
 
How are you making out in the hurricane? Is the knee doing OK? It sounds like it is! Such a wonderful thing to sit at the table with your family! You're getting a lot of baby steps out of the way! Your recovery is going so well!
 
Diane I add semi sweet chocolate chips to my banana bread...YUMMMM
 
Diana, why don't you try some Metamucil. That won't give you diarrhea, and should help get you moving normally.
 
Im afraid to really add anything new to the tummy trials at this point. I;; give it a few days.

as for the storm, we kinda lucked out, it veered more NW and Orlando was not too bad. I think our beach house on the west coast much have gotten alot of rain, but we called the emergency team out there and they said no real damage. I dont know when I will be up to the trip out there.

@uva55 how bad was Tampa today?
 
Not bad at all, just a little rain, it's supposed to get bad tonight. They closed the office tomorrow also which I'm happy about because I hate driving in the rain.
 
Stay safe to all of you in Florida! We would gladly take the rain here in Western NY. It has been a brutally hot and dry summer. I am a winter gal, so it's been horrible trying to recover in it and function!!! Stay safe and healthy!

Jen
 
ere is a graphic of that leg dangling exercise to improve extension. Which you already have, don't you?
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery
    image.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh thanks @mamazipp , ya, my extension is 0 , so I only have to deal with bend, and ya as I now see, this cant help with that. Thanks for explaining/showing
 
Thanks Colleen. I'll see how I feel, how the weather is, and how my husband feels about getting out a bit later. Right now its dark as night and pouring here in Orlando
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :chillpill::flwrysmile::happydance:
And you have a brand new knee as a wonderful birthday present! I hope your day is pain-free and full of celebrating! Even if it is low-keyed!
 
Happy Birthday! You may not be able to try out that new knee outside the house today, thanks to Hermine. Stay safe and dry!
 
Diane, I don't like a lot of the movies out right now either. But I'm totally looking forward to The Light Between Oceans, it comes out this weekend. I read the book a few years ago and have been eagerly awaiting the movie. Read the synopsis on Amazon, you might like it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom