TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane, you are doing so good!! You might be sore tonight, but it was worth it! You are taking these baby steps really quickly!
 
You are doing great, it looks like tummy is better also.

You are at the point now that you are finding what works better for you an getting a routine, things should start to get a little easier now!!!!:yay:

I'm happy for you :yahoo:
 
tummy is better also

yes, feeling pretty good, but now since I have not been eating much, Im also not "going" , but a bit of appetite is returning, and I have started eating more so hopefully it will all catch up/
 
Glad you had a good night. I. Think you're right about someone having issues with their ice machine. Someone realized their machine wasn't working correctly after a few weeks because it wasn't getting cold enough. Can't remember who though...

That was me. I had to clean the filter, drain the hoses, and let it run.
 
@LoveGiants you can have mine, it was terrible driving to work this morning, it was still very dark and I couldn't see. At least I don't have to work tomorrow!!!
 
Diane, sounds like you are doing great and really progressing. Very happy for you.
 
Thanks @Diane LTKR "great" may be a bit of an exaggeration, But all in all I guess today was my best day so far. Maybe there is hope for it to continue. I would love to get out of the house, but dont think I could sit in a restaurant long enough with my leg down to have a meal. But again, today was halfway decent, lets hope for some more of these. Im still puzzled about my surgeons seemingly outlier 3 week staple removal time frame. But I guess I have to have something to worry about...

@Josephine any thoughts on the 3 week staple removal time, vs what the norm seems to be 2 weeks?
 
I understand wanting to get out to a restaurant. I think I first went out at about 2½ weeks to Cracker Barrel. It felt great. I took my ice wrap with gel packs in with me and velcroed it on my knee while I ate. It felt wonderful and I was able to enjoy the meal and time out. We eat out a lot and up till about last week, I continued to take my ice wrap into the restaurants and had no problems....a few funny looks but who cares!
 
gel packs in with me and velcroed it on my knee while I ate


maybe I will try to be brave and try that Friday for my birthday... Tho the chairs at cracker barrell are low and hard to get up from. Wonder where I could go and be able to get up from a chair without looking like a total dork.. Im ok with partial dork, so maybe a balance somewhere
 
I think it was probably around one month before I went out to breakfast, I could not sit with my leg hanging down for than 15-20 min tops before it started hurting.
 
ya @uva55 thats kinda my thinking too, I may try, and I may not. Just , Im such a baby about my birthday, Id feel deprived if I didnt try to get out , even if for a quick breakfast. I'll see how I feel Friday when I get up.

A month huh?
 
I went out to eat often while in an imbolizer. I hadn't been out except for PT after the tkr, then the infection surgery gave me 22 total days in the hospital between both surgeries. So I needed to do something to feel normal. We always went somewhere with a booth so I could sit with my right leg up on the booth seat, my back leaning against the side of the booth. We startee this about 2 weeks after the infection surgery on the way home from OS or ID appointments. Don't try to do it with your leg hanging down, especially at this point, but I didn't do that until nearly 6 weeks after infection surgery/10 weeks after TKR. I was miserable, but had tickets to see Wicked and I wasn't missing that. By the time I got home my knee was so swollen I had to lay with toes above nose for a couple of hours before bed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom