Guest viewing is limited

TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
tickets to see Wicked


Ahhh WICKED!! My all time favorite show.. I have seen it 11 times and have tix for February when it comes back to FL.

I was thinking Perkins, where the chairs are a decent height, and I can sit at a table with my leg on another chair.

I was never comfortable in booths. Between my and my husbands long legs and big guts, booths are always very restrictive
 
Propping up on another chair would work too. Just don't let the leg down, you'll be miserable.

The Wicked tickets were a Christmas gift and purchased before the infection. Everyone figured I'd be good to go by 10 weeks. I still went and had dinner out before hand. Literally had to peel my trousers off my TKR leg! Last February my friends and I went to NYC to see Wicked on Broadway. It was unbelievable!
 
Hi Diane! I was just catching up on everything that you are up to. I saw Wicked a few years ago in London with my youngest daughter. I also loved it. I can't wait until the movie comes out. Perkins sounds like a great place to have a bite to eat. I usually order breakfast there no matter what time I go there. Then bring home a birthday pie or muffins for later too!

Every surgeon has their own thoughts on when to remove staples. Most would probably remove staples somewhere between 2 or 4 weeks. At most the staples can sting a bit. Some didn't sting at all. It's not as terrible as you think. I just counted down as all the 30 something staples were removed. It wasn't as bad as the first surgery when the OS used staples with glue on top!:yikes:
 
@newlybionic each time I read that your first OS used staples with glue over them I crinch:yikes: what an incompetent idiot, you should have kicked him with your good leg...OUCH
 
Hi @dianehelen, hope you find just the right restaurant. I love to live vicariously through what the rest of you are doing and experiencing! Ah for a time when our only concern will be what to order! Best wishes,
Audrey
 
Morning Bonesmart. Another decent night sleep, yay. Also got up on my own, let poor exhausted hubby sleep in. Im wearing him out and feeling guilty about it. He says he is happy to do it to get me back into more of a life, but, yanno, hard to not feel badly for all he does. So making the effort to get up, get dogs fed, out to potty, back in, grab coffee, a bite to eat, then chair collapse feels like I ran a marathon.

@uva55 thank you for a good suggestion about using a gel pack, till hubby gets up and tends the ice machine. Did that today, and just attached to LOG with one of the velcro straps from the machine.

It's a wonderful thing how helpful bonesmart is. So much of the logistics, planning, commiserating, that went into this journey for me I have my Bonesmart Family to thank for.

Ok off to see how bad Storm Hermine will mess with us.
 
@LoveGiants I would be thrilled to send some rain your way. At least the wind was not bad. Tampa, St Pete areas seemed to get more flooding than where I am. @dianehelen I am 3 weeks today and have no desire to eat out. I like others get swelling when my leg is down. Actually we do not eat out often, maybe 1-2 a month if that. We have been doing the Dave Ramsey thing for the past several years. Not to mention our son is in college $$$. Hope you have a great day today. I plan on sitting in the chair and letting my knee naturally fall and bend. I have outpt PT again tomorrow.
 
Doesn't it feel great to be a little more independent? Tiring, but getting up and showered without a "spotter" really boosted my morale (and let me sleep late).

Have you considered going to a movie that has recliners for your birthday? Our AMCs have those with reserved seating, and they will bring a meal/drinks to you at a time you select (it's movie food -pizza, nachos, the like). I've been trying to think how to go out to eat and decided on that. It's not fancy food, but still :).

I saw Wicked two nights before surgery. It was wonderful and made me forget my terror for a couple of hours. I don't think I could sit in the crowded theatre now, although the PT said to just take a cane and use as a "wall" to keep people away from my knee. I can see me whacking anyone who tried to scoot too close .


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
going to a movie that has recliners for your birthday
Ehh not big on going out to movies. To begin with, they dont make many movies I'd even care to see. Not into action, super hero, cgi, exploding stuff movies.

@uva55 I just did a "clara" :-). Thought of you. I had 4 just about ready for the trash over ripe bananas, and stood, leaning on walker and mixed up a banana bread, the whole time to my husbands protest, about just tell him what to do and he would do it. Well I got it done as fast as I could. Threw them in the oven. Then I said ok honey, you can clean up. Which he gladly did.
 
You sound like you are doing so much better, like you aid any little thing you do feels like you ran a marathon, but having a little bit of independence and being able to do a few things for yourself feels really good..

Good for you....I wish I had some banana bread...not exactly on weight watchers, but oh so yummy!!!
 
@dianehelen I remembered something when you said that about not wanting to go to movies. When I first moved to our little Island, I thought I should get out more, and as they show Saturday evening second run movies in our community center auditorium, I figured I would start going out to the Saturday night movies by myself. So I did it a few weeks, and it was sort of fun. Then the next Saturday night it was a green hornet movie. I thought, well, I should just go to get out of the house. It was me and a half dozen teenage boys. The kids were fine, paid me no attention, but oh man, what an awful movie from my perspective. From that point on, I became much more choosy about what I would go out for a Saturday night.
 
I can smell that banana bread from here. I never learned how to bake at all. My youngest however really loves to. Too bad she doesn't live with me. On second thought I would probably not fit through a door!:heehee:

I hope the hurricane doesn't cause you to have any damage and that everyone in the path is safe and sound.
 
@newlybionic Im not by any means a baker, but too often having bananas about to trash, I found a banana bread recipe so brain dead easy, even in my semi crippled state I can mix it up and get into oven in about 5 mins
Give it a try :)
3 mashed ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter
Mix all of the above

1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Mix into banana mixture

Pour into greased or pam sprayed loaf pan

Bake @ 325 (preheated oven) 1 hour

Done
 
Wow. Thanks! You have inspired me to cook something. I have bananas going bad right now.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
The banana bread is in the oven, thanks to you. It made me remember when I was enduring my first week after surgery my brother made banana bread and it was about the only thing I ate for days. Nothing else appealed.
 
The great Banana Bread DAY! Glad i can contribute something useful & tasty. Ive made this recipe for years, always comes out perfect, and could not be easier. Hope you enjoy it :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Diane. I'll have to buy extra bananas and give it a try. Right now my cabinets and fridge are a bit empty so hopefully I can fill it soon and give it a try.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom