Morning my Bonesmart Family. A good night sleep is such a good thing, especially following a bad one. Slept from 11:30 - 3:45, barely opened 2 eyes, reached for my previously set out meds, took them, slept from then till 7:45. I consider that a victory and hope a better day is on tap for me and the
"LOG" , yep, that what I've named her. Feels like a log has been attached where I used to have a leg.
That's my sorry for now, and I'm sticking with it.
@greatlakes , tlhinking of you today and how your first night went.
Glad you had a good night. I. Think you're right about someone having issues with their ice machine. Someone realized their machine wasn't working correctly after a few weeks because it wasn't getting cold enough. Can't remember who though...
Woohoo! Finally a good meal! Good for you. I bet hubby was glad to see you eat, too. And what a blessing that you had a good night's sleep! I hope the day that follows is your best one since the surgery!
Question about today's pain du jour. As im trying to be a bit more active, like just walking around house a bit more, and trying to transition to cane very gradually, im starting to feel a pain just to the right of I guess where my kneecap is? Is this something to be concerned with, or just add it to the shopping list of new assorted pains?
Glad to hear you had a good dinner and a nights sleep. I am still using my walker but I too had that feeling to the right when I walked. My OS said my arthritis was so bad towards the right (inside) that my entire knee turned inward. Now the leg is realigned and straight so my tendons need to be stretched to a straight up position. The last few days its felt better.
Diane, I have pain there, too. Not bad, and not all the time - just something new. The therapist said it is from realignment and trauma. I didn't have it until I transitioned to cane. I also have weird ankle and top of foot twinges --I read on here that those are normal, too.
Even now I'll get new aches and pains. Not bad, but in different places. They are short-lived, thank goodness, but they do surprise me sometimes. The discomfort can be anywhere in the knee area, front, back, sides, up or down! It's all very normal, aggravating, but normal. My OS told me it'd be 6 months before I begin to be pain free. Of course, each knee is different. You might be like Amy Jo and Clara. I hope so!
I also experienced different pains everywhere, specially in the first few weeks, sometimes I felt like my pinky finger was the only thing that did not hurt, LOL
Dont try and get off walker to soon unless you are very steady, you dont need to fall. It was around 4-5 weeks when I started walking from bed to bathroom without walker or anything. I felt so triumphant. You suddenly ralise you can put more weight on your new knee. Pains are normal unfortunately. You are doing great you are just two weeks post op. :cool:
Yep. LOG is two weeks old today. Not doing alot with cane, just careful short (50 steps or less) trips. Pt dude coming in a half hour, our short mission today is a guided, walker walk, outside, down & back my driveway
Right now is not raining by the office, my daughter works closer to my home and she said it is pouring, my area tends to flood, not necessarily my street but it is not always easy to get in/out of the neighborhood, I live near the Hillsborough River. My boss just told us not to come in tomorrow and will keep us posted about Friday depending on the weather.
Be careful yourself, it looks like you will be getting some rain also, eventually.
They told us a couple times in our group pt today that getting to the extension this early on is much more important than the bend, this early. So here's another vote for the don't worry side!
Ok pt dude just left. I walked down & back my driveway twice. Said I did great. Did some gentle stretches and slides. Got a new updated rom progress reading. Last time was 77/0 , today (pushed till just at pain level) measured 82/0
Pt dude is pretty good, responds to my needs and limits
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.