TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane, hurricane Charley did the same to us. We had 7 oak trees uprooted in the backyard hitting corner of our house. It took almost 2 years to cut up those trees and clean up the yard. But we were blessed as others have had worse damage just from rain. My favorite restaurant is in Tampa called Datz and its street and surrounding neighborhood was flooded due to just heavy rains. Be safe.
 
Ya that tree fell right at my front house, and blocked my front door. In the morning we had to go out the back and climb over a bunch of debris to get to the front. The whole block and neighborhood was in total chaos. Very scary time
 
Thanks for the photos, Diane. I pray this week's storm is no where near this damage. It would be great if it would vear off and come up the coast and give us some of the rain, and leave you alone! You all have had enough rain!
 
@dianehelen wow that was some major damage from Charley. Glad no one was hurt. I love big old oak trees and hate to see them destroyed. @uva55 I love the buffalo cauliflower at Datz. Actually everything is tasty there. We not have such a place in Lakeland. Yes, once all 3 of us are all recovered we should grab dinner together.
 
Gainesville is in a very low risk area for hurricanes BUT we do get flooding. In 2004 my subdivision was locked in by flood waters. I got my car out by driving across the golf course. It was all very exciting. We were without electricity for a few days. My basement started to flood and I wrecked my hip (which is now replaced) by using an ax to try to open the French drain under the house. Bad idea. I have a good supply of water on hand now and my RV has a generator so I could run its AC and cook on the propane stove. It probably would be wise to gas up the RV and also the car. I hope we all stay safe and with electricity. We need that ice!
 
...and another exhausting day of healing comes to and end. Hello sweet bed, tylenol pm, tramadol, robaxin & xanax. May restful restorative sleep take me away.

Thank you my bonesmart family for helping keep me sane thru this grueling adventure
 
I'm surprised your OS waits 3 weeks for staple removal. For both of my knees they were taken out at 10 days. I know I stressed big time prior to having them removed the first time. All I could think of was the little staple removal thingy I use in my office and having someone pull them out like that!! Thankfully I was so wrong. Mine really didn't hurt....just a tiny sting on a few. Hope that goes well for you. Really feels better when they are out.
 
OMG Diane. I've never seen such destruction from a hurricane. I've seen downed trees from storms but not the pulled up roots and soil. Hope all you Floridians dodge the storm and/or stay safe.
 
Too bad you couldn't just prop your tree back up and support it until it healed - sort of like our knee surgeries! It looks like you could have done that, but I know it is impossible. One of the trees in my front yard fell in a normal rain storm after we had decided on the spur of the moment to go out and eat. My older son came home to fire engines in front of the house. The tree actually missed my house, and brushed against the house next door (which was empty and being prepared for rental), knocking down their gutters. I was glad there was minimal damage. We then had the other tree taken down about a month later. The tree completely hid the house from the street while it was laying on its side. Lost all the pictures when my old phone decided to erase everything on my SD card though. Glad you were ok, and hoping this storm does no damage.

Glad you are starting to feel better. I remember thinking all June and July that it was taking too much time to get to feeling better. The brain fog was almost as bad as the knee pain. But now I feel fine. Still get wiped out by the time the weekend gets here, but other than that, doing fine. Pain still comes and goes. Still keep pain medicine on night stand in case I wake up needing it (like last night), but it is getting much better, and you will too.
 
surprised your OS waits 3 weeks for staple removal
I was too. When I asked if I can come in earlier, they said sure, but I would still have to come back @ 3 weeks for the removal. No real answer, just the way he is I guess
 
So another day dawns. Did not have a great night, who knows why. First night I did not get a good nights sleep. I really feel for you guys that deal with this regularly. But did have sorta a milestone this morning. I feel so bad for my poor husband who I have been getting up with me at 7ish to take care of dogs. Well this morning I made the effort, got up without telling him to get up. Fed dogs, hobbled out to the back with my walker, let them do their business, came back in, grabbed some coffee and collapsed exhausted in my recliner. The only problem is I could not get and deal with the ice machine, so I have to wait till he wakes up, hopefully soon.

Knee is achey, numb, annoying, but I guess all part of the process.
 
Wow! That is huge. Woot!! It's amazing how draining everything is, right? I'm with you on the sleep thing -- I have been blessed with sleeping all night. I think that is what keeps me going -- looking forward to going to bed.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
My night wasn't so great either. I didn't take my night time dose of oxy. I guess I need it to sleep well. I had little twinges and discomforts, not really bad pain, but just enough to keep me from sleeping well.
 
Diane, you had a really busy and productive morning! Now, don't do anything else for the rest of the day! I'm sorry you experienced what many of us have been facing all along. Hopefully, you'll get back on schedule tonight. It's perfectly OK for you to nap as much as you need to. I still do most days and do not feel guilty about it at all!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom