TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes paula, I'm in bed for my midday rest. Encouraged that you think I'm doing good for where im at.

And wow, rain, I'd love to send you a ton. It's monsooning here with more on the way. And to add to the fun, we have a leak in the roof from wind pulling the solar pool heater up and have been fighting the ins co to get it fixed. Today finally had a temp repair company come do some black tar patching, but it needs a real repair, and a tropical storm threatening by the end of the week. Btw Friday is my birthday, sure is not gonna be one of my best. But hopefully future ones will be.

Ok back under the covers, get more rest then have mr sweet nurse make me something gentle to eat
 
@thecoll have you had your staples removed yet? Pt guy says once they come out my OS will start outpatient pt. I fear both of those. I have so many staples as well as stitches, wonder how much.pain that wii yield.

Good luck with outpatient pt. Remember dont let them hurt you
 
Yes we do have a tropical storm headed our way. Thanks for reminding me. My birthday is Wednesday and I sure I will be partying in my recliner. Diane we live down interstate 4 from another, TKR a week apart and birthday in the same week. Wow who knew we had so much in common. I only had stitches and they did not hurt at all coming out last Friday. We will all get thru this together.
 
@thecoll, you are lucky with those stitches. The staples for me weren't fun. But, it was going on three weeks before they took mine out and skin had grown over the edge of them. Next time I'll be sure they come out sooner, if at all possible.
 
Wow who knew we had so much in common


wow what a small world. Once we are past this, I will have to pick you up or have you meet us, meaning me and Clara in St Pete for that wonderful glass or more of some pain free wine :)

Happy Almost Birthday Fellow Virgo! :)
 
Yours might be completely pain free. I hope so. I think glue would have been the perfect way!
 
@dianehelen just wish this was an older thread so I could fast forward to find you happily walking all over and living a great life. But it will come! I know that from all the older threads I have read. It will. Patience might not be your friend, but it is your ally!
 
@dianehelen re: the Lovenox injections, were you shown the correct way to inject to avoid bruising? I'm a mostly retired home health nurse and often got sent out to teach somebody how to inject it.

I was LOL re all the stupid questions nurse asked you. That my friends is the US Government at its finest and that form is called the Oasis form and takes two hours to fill out. One stupid question after another. Us old nurses know how to whip right through it. But it's tedious at best. Most agencies have an RN open the case and PT gets to come in with all the scut work done.

I think @dianehelen we are just a day or so apart. If you need details on how to inject just let me know.

Cookie
LTKR 8/15/16
 
I had my staples out from the visiting nurse and it didn't hurt at all. I wish the same for you. I was prepared for the worst and was pleasantly surprised.
 
thanks @Aquafool but, Im good. Im also no stranger to the injections. I did them in 2014 following my hip replacement. I am about 4 more left, and looking forward to the end.

@Floridagal how many did you have and how long was it from surgery to removal?

I was also very concerned for this from my brain surgery in March and it wasnt as bad as I imagined, but this area seems more sensitive then the back of my head, but who knows...just another hurdle to get thru
 
I had 34 staples. When I was still loopy with pain meds I called it my railroad track. They came out on day 16. I just checked my calendar and that is when I was d/c from nursing. My incision has never been very sensitive. Other people have had other more pain at removal. I really liked my nurse and I felt she was competent. Maybe one or two stung a little bit but I had been through so much worse!
 
ok thanks @Floridagal I hope its not as bad as I am imagining. Also, dont like why he insists on 3 weeks, but oh well, can only buck the system so much huh

Are you prepared for the weather coming to our soggy state? ;) get those candles and batteries out and ready now! Having gone thru Hurricane Charley, we learned a valuable lesson on storm preparedness.
 
Good luck to all you Floridians down there during this storm coming your way. You'll be in our prays.
 
Thanks Paula. Hurricane season can be a scary time here

This is the front of my house in 2004 after Charley blazed right thru my neighborhood. That was a 40 year old live oak tree

[Bonesmart.org] Diane's KneeQuest,  NewKnee Inn Recovery
 
Good luck with the storm you central Florida gals. Hope it's not too bad. Re the incision closing, I got all glue, and I'm liking that I did. I think when all is well and done my incision will be next to invisible. I'm 2 weeks out today and bits of the glue are beginning to come off the skin.
 
Oh man, that was so close to your house! I, too, have been through hurricanes being originally from eastern NC. Hurricane Donna's eye went right over the top of our house. I was a child, but I have never forgotten it. I think that's why I've always been so interested in the weather and am now a weather spotter and reporter for the NWS. I'll be watching what's happening down there on my radar site! I even have my own weather station in my back yard that reports to the internet on Wunderground.com. It's neat!

I hope your staples come out as easily and Amy Jo's did. Just be sure and dope up really well before the removals! Maybe you can try the Oxy again that day. Or take 100mg. or Tramadol + your Tylenol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom