TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was worried about all you recent operees, glad all signs look good for you. Good to hear from people again.
 
Its amazing what a close family around the world we are. When out of touch, we miss each other and worry.

Maybe we should form some kind of "intouch" back up plan for such occasions??
 
I thought if you Diane and I'm worried about @sheliac . She had her TKR yesterday or today, but I'm trying go go through all my alerts. It is a long recovery, but you're on the right path.
 
Thank goodness, Diane, you sound like you're doing well. I was really concerned about you when the site was down. You and my other friends on here were on my mind and in my heart.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So glad to hear you are doing better, things will start to look up now!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We are all back now but I don't see any of out UK members as of yet but it's the middle of the night there now.
 
Yes we do, you may not believe it, but I told myself that if BS did not go back on line today, I was calling you tomorrow. I remember the first couple of weeks I didn't really want to talk on the phone and repeat over and over how I was feeling so I didn't want to bother you.

I have also been dealing with some issues, not knee related, but still I'm a little overwhelmed, and have been passing out in bed early feeling exhausted.

I'm so glad you are able to sleep in your bed,that's amazing!!! Sounds like you are doing well overall!!!
 
Ughh so this time of night starts to get rough for me. Im so exhausted from just getting thru the day. i can barely sit in this chair another minute. Pain is settling in, and I am just over an hour out from next med dose. I know once my ice gets refreshed and I tuck into my bed, I will have some relief, for a few hours. After so many talking about sleep problems, Im so thankful I am not having that issue. And I am sleeping in my comfy bed. I do wake every few hours, in a little pain, but its usually just about time for meds anyway. So far Im existing on the tylenol.tramadol routine. Lets see if after a few days Im still handling it, and my darn stomach settles down.

Also, the area right above my knee, I guess my quad is really really tight and sore. Is that normal and is there anything I can do to ease that? Pt guy says, have to keep forcing bend, I keep saying umm no thanks.. ;), ive learned my bonesmart way well, but this pain and tightness in that area is very annoying.

Ok about time to pack up up and wake hubby from his recliner to do my ice and put me to bed. I feel so bad for him , he is doing so much, and he is no fit athlete either but he keeps telling me its ok, and not to worry..

ok nite all, another day in the record books.
 
@uva55 you can call me anytime. If I dont feel up to talking i will let you now :)

I hope whatever you are dealing with eases up soon for you....

ok really going to bed now..
 
Have you asked your OS for a muscle relaxer? That seemed to handle most of my pain during the day. I used methocarbamol (Robxin). It really helped me lot. I was only taking tram adolescent or an oxygen at night after about 8 days.
 
That pain in the quad, ugh. I guess everyone gets it. You seem to be doing well, which I am happy to hear. You were so scared.

Do you have trouble with taste? Nothing I eat tastes right and, of course, I don't have much appetite.
 
@dianehelen
So glad for the updates! I was thinking about you during our downtime from BS! A week out already!!! Keep on keepin' on!

Jen
 
So far Im existing on the tylenol.tramadol routine. Lets see if after a few days Im still handling it

I found the longer I took Josephines RX the better I felt Diane. Like, once it was in my system and I stayed on schedule, it controlled my pain. All the way to 6wks post-op when I would forget to take it because I didn't need it any longer! Hope it works for you~!
 
Is it a tightness in your quad? My quad was very sore and tight from trying to do straight leg raises.
 
So glad you are doing ok. You now have your first week under your belt. That's great. Keep on keepin on!
 
Diane,
Your quad was moved around during the surgery and the tissues will have got upset because of that. You can try icing your quad as well, and if that doesn't help you could try using heat - but make sure what you use isn't too hot and keep the heat well away from your knee itself.

If it's higher up your thigh, the pain could be because that's where the tourniquet was applied.

Stick to your guns, and continue to refuse to allow your knee to be forced or over-exercised.
 
Do you have trouble with taste? Nothing I eat tastes right and, of course, I don't have much appetite
Umm ya, I have barely eaten since surgery. All I could gag down was protein drinks & yogurt, and maybe a bite of a cracker to get pills down. Yesterday ate a half a grilled cheese sandwich, and it upset my stomach. No appetite at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom