Guest viewing is limited

THR Designer girl has a shiny new hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan hi
İts great that not only you are going out for walk but you are taking your dog out as well.
İsnt it interesting that more or less the same period, i also no longer need to take a nap and feel the energy level coming back...
The only difference is i have pain from time to time on my knee and you on your back)))
İ think we are getting old???
 
designergirl, I haven't driven yet, I think I might give it a try tomorrow. I had surgery on my left leg so I'm not to worried about it. The thing I worry about most is maneuvering with the cane out in public and being careful. Do you still have to use a cane? My leg isn't ready for me yet not to use it.
 
sandybeach
Hi dear
İ have the same concern like you ( cane in public)
My advice would be not to force yourself until you feel ready
 
sansabosa
Selin, I hear you about the aches and pains. At least they aren't even close to how bad the hip used to feel. I'll take some minor aches and pains over that anytime.

sandybeach I have given the cane up at home, but I keep it in my car, kind of like a security blanket. Most times I don't use it, but it's there incase I do. On Monday when I go into work, I'm debating on taking it in or leaving it out. I probably will bring it in with me in case I get tired. I'm sure I will be walking a bit more than normal. I just found out one of my clients had a hip replacement a few weeks ago and I'm sure we will be comparing notes soon.
 
sansabosa I have to start back to work next Monday. I am working part-time the first week and then full time the second week but only 3 days then I go back to the hospital for my second hip replacement. So I have to go out with the cane then. I have been out but it's been limited to short trips. I am trying to walk around the house as much as I can not using it but my new hip or leg muscles aren't strong enough yet for me not to have it.
designergirl It is good to hear that you are doing so well that you don't need any walking aids. It will be fun for you to actually have someone to talk to in person about your experiences and compare notes.
 
Good luck back at work SB on Monday.. Let us know how you go :)
 
I see al of these posts about hospital food. I was rather pleased with the food at the hospital I was in. They bought in a menu and I actually had a choice from a few different things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was pleasantly surprised they served fruit with every meal. I enjoyed this since my appetite wasn't up to par. I am now almost three months out and doing great. Almost feel normal again..key word being almost!
 
First day back at work update: Everything went incredibly well. Desk chair is fine (I had a lateral approach, so no bum scar to sit on) Stayed for 5 hours as planned, then ran an errand, then home to work for a few hours. Didn't sleep too well last night, perhaps nerves about the work day were in play. Hope to do better this evening. Did all without the cane. Got up frequently to walk around to get rid of stiffness that seems to develop after sitting for a bit. Still on one Alleve every 12 hours, muscle pain is slight and moves around a bit. Overall it was good to have a normal day. Thank the Lord.
 
designergirl That's wonderful news that you have done so well on your first day back at work I am sure you will have slept well now you Know that you can cope.It must be lovely to have had a normal day. Very well done Keep us posted
 
Your first day sounds great:ok: And you were able to do it without a cane...yay. You will be back to full time soon.
 
I made it through a week of work! I usually work 30-35 hours in 4 days (don't work on Fridays, a big believer in long weekends I am), but now I'm easing back in with 25 hours. I did walk more than normal, but it functioned as therapy. I'm going to keep going on this reduced schedule for a few more weeks. I actually had to explain today in an email to a young co-worker that I was still recovering from MAJOR surgery and would not be able to work all weekend on a rush project. I should give her the link for the YouTube video of the surgery. This "rush" project has been sitting around since before I left for surgery!

I did find I was a bit more tired by bedtime and am going to bed an hour earlier. The extra tiredness is helping me sleep better. I'm not a good sleeper to begin with and the surgery and back sleeping did not help at all. I'm now sleeping on my side and it's so much better.

I'm still not cleaning the house, my daughter is still fulfilling her present to me for a few more weeks. I take care of laundry now, I have a washer and dryer that are up on platforms, so not much bending involved. I'm cooking a bit now also, but not a full meal yet. Lucky for me the hubby is an excellent cook. If he could only clean up the kitchen a bit better... Ha, can't have everything.
 
It's official, the restrictions are off. 6 weeks post-op yesterday. I'm a bit nervous about giving them all up. Can I now sleep on my side without the pillow? Bending more than 90 degrees does feel comfortable, but putting on the sock doesn't feel right yet. I'm sticking to the sock aid for now. Can the toilet seat go away?

Gardening season will begin soon and I'm wondering what I can and can't do. Does anyone else have experience with easing into gardening? Light stuff like weeding and cultivating soil. Maybe moving some 20 lb. flower pots around? The real gardening season starts in about 6 weeks from now and I will be further along then. It would be nice to do just a bit now though.
 
designergirl, such good news! Don't you think your doctor would have told you if you still needed aids? I think you can give me up as you don't need them anymore. I never had the pillow restriction, but I do get achy if I sleep on my unoperated side without a pillow-- those muscles aren't used to being stretched out.

It would seem that you could ease into gardening as you feel good. You'll be at the magic 3 month mark when he season really starts, so here's hoping you'll feel strong enough to do whatever you want.
 
Os just told me no restrictions after 6 weeks. I kind of feel like a naughty girl now not using them, since I have behaved for 6 weeks. It's kind of a habit by now.
 
I feel truly blessed. Bonesmart and a fabulous OS made this experience so great.
 
designergirl that's great news that your restrictions are gone. How is everything else going? Are you getting tired now that you're back to work? I am working full-time this week but really it's more like part-time..I took Monday off and Friday I have my surgery so I'm only working 3 days but it's going good.
 
sandybeach work is going well. I'm doing 5 hours in the office 4 days a week. I do a few hours at home at night while watching TV. I'm a bit more tired by the evening, but I've noticed it's getting better this week. Tomorrow will be the test. I have to work for 5 hours then help at an open house for our company for another 3 hours. I can sleep in and rest the next day since I don't work on Fridays. I'm down to one Alleve every 12 hours and sometimes I forget to take it until I'm a few hours overdue. I'm going to start doing a bit of cleaning this weekend (not that I'm looking forward to that) My recovery is really going nice and steady.

Glad to see your energy is coming back, it will help you get through your next surgery. I will put you on my prayer list on Friday. You will do great. Is your surgery early in the day? Let us know how you are doing,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom