BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

Depression/post-op blues - open for all

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by Josephine, Jan 17, 2016.

1. 1GreatGran

1GreatGran member

United States United States
    @AgilityDog
    I did not realized you had fibro. I know a little about, but do know know that do. Managing my emotions and frustration were challenging during ( still sometimes) recovery was hard.
    I have discovered that my realizing that things work out whether I am involved or not wad hard to accept. I am a parent of adult children that also need my support, so believe me I do understand.
    You will get stronger and things will balance.
    I have learned my not being able to help has given the opportunity for other solutions to be revealed.
    I think the words Patience and Acceptance are now engraved on my brain.
    Have a great week. One of continue growth in strength and peace.
    Ro

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. AgilityDog

AgilityDog graduate

Thank you, @1GreatGran . I'm not a fan of fibro. I don't think I am in bad shape because of it either. My thigh (entire topside) cramped/spasmed the fist few days. The best way I can describe it is, like a labor pain. One of those that makes someone else look at that monitor like thing and say "Oh, that was a good one". But instead of stopping and starting, it just hurts for hours straight. If that's not fibro, then I must have been a horrible child!:rofsign:I am much better. My anxiety only lasted a little bit. Thank you for all your kind words.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. ColleenAda

ColleenAda junior member

I'm 8 wks into recovery now. It was just my husband and I and a great neighbor lady assisting me. She always asked if I was in the mood for company before heading over. I could honestly tell her yay or nay. Some of my family offered to come help( different states) but I really just preferred being more solitary. I also cried super hard describing a scene from Masterpiece theatre to my husband At this point, I focus on excercising my knee and getting 2 or 3 projects done every day-- making the bed, weeding a little... I hope you can find some zen in your day

4. 1GreatGran

1GreatGran member

@AgilityDog
    Good Morning from Ventura, CA. How are u doing? Isn't it fascinating what we learn about our bodies as we heal.. I never realized how many parts of my body was affected by my hip problems. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I don't vhrck this everyday, but promise I will always get back with you.
    I just read my last message, sorry about that first sentence or two... forgot to reread

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk