TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

Hi @Celle yes I do spend a lot of time on my feet spoke to my boss yesterday he is very keen to get me back asap tried to explain that the knee is still needing to be ice throughout the day still needs time to rest between physio. Have a major set back today my right knee is very sore and having problems putting pressure through the knee to walk
 
You really need to take the 12 weeks if at all possible. It's still early days in your recovery and you will need to ice, elevate and rest for some time yet.
 
Well feel like I have taken a couple of steps back over the last few days left tkr feels very tight and sore and right knee is also feeling very sore and can not put much weight through the knee first thing in the morning. Spoke to GP who said keep taking the pain relief and icing both knees. Physio thinks the knee is fatigued. Feeling scared about my recovery.
 
Sounds very normal. Do not worry too much. That tightness is very normal, and your GP's advice is right on. I've noticed my TKR knee is doing most of the work now, and my non-TKR knee is not able to keep up. I'm 16 weeks out. I'm getting around fine and have minimal pain, but it's a sensation I've noticed.

You're very early in recovery, and you should do just fine as long as you continue to take it easy, ice, and medicate on schedule. Gentle stretches will help with the tightness, but it will be with you for a few months yet, gradually diminishing (very gradually).
 
Quick question I am six weeks out on Friday still on two crutches when I try to cut one I don't feel as stable and am limping again. See surgeon Monday coming is he going to be cross if I am still on two? But problem is the other knee is joining in on pain and doing pt for that one too.
 
I went into my six week appointment with a cane. I told my OS it was for the other knee and just in case. He was okay with that.

If your OS asks, just tell him what you just told us -- you don't feel stable with one crutch yet, and you limp. You want to avoid compromising your gait, so you're sticking with two. As a "bonus," your non-TKR knee is complaining.

I was thankful my PT folks encouraged me to do the PT exercises on the non-TKR leg. Some I could do and others will have to wait until that knee is replaced. By doing what I could the status of that knee improved slightly during therapy, so I was happy about that.
 
Hi @Deeann,
I was just checking out your beautiful scar on the pinned post and it looks like it's healing nicely. I'm having surgery in October so I'm curious about everything. Your incision looks longer than some I've seen. Do you know if that's just how you OS does it, or is it some other reason?
Take good care.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @swmrgirl surgeon did do a bit more to my knee than was expected my scar is just over 8 inches. God luck with your surgery in October take note on this site they have help a lot. Don't try and do to much that has been my down full.
 
My knee is feeling very stiff wondering if I have over exercised this last week. Six weeks out feel I should be further along than I am. Rom is 92. Extension 23. Have been in the gym a few times this past week only doing three minutes on the cross trainer leg curls and leg extensions no weight on machines. Go back to see surgeon tomorrow afternoon feeling nervous.
 
Hope it goes well with the surgeon, please keep us updated.
 
Appointment with surgeon yesterday was okay he is happy with how things are going. Happy surgeon makes happy Julie lol. Wants me to carry on with my private sports therapist and can drive if I feel 100 % up to it . Said not to go back to work yet . Re ex in six weeks and will talk about the other knee what to do for now.
 
That sounds like a good outcome! Just keep doing what you're doing, take it as easy as you can, don't overdo the exercises and you will progress. There are a ton of us on here at the moment who are between 6-12 weeks out and feeling like we should be further along than we are so you definitely are not alone!
 
Knee seems to have taken a few steps back. Go to hospital physio class on a Thursday where we do a curcit class was on the bike not ready to take the peddles round not sure why or how but knee went 3/4 way round I ended up in tears and pain was at a 10 they seem to think it has just strained the knee and keep going through the pain barrier. Now Saturday I have iced the knee elevated rested still in a lot of pain about an 8 don't know what to do for the best. Have booked to see private therapist see if he can help.
 
Hoping you get that sorted soon. Have you called your surgeon's office? With a pain level of 10 on and 8 on Saturday it seems like something I'd like to discuss with my surgeon. Please don't ever work through pain like that, regardless of whatever a physio might want you to do! The pain is your body's way of telling you to stop. Listen to your body!
 
Well sports therapist has worked hard on the knee over a couple of days says I had strained the itb knee is starting to feel a tad easier with massage ice and elevation not done much in the way of pt exercises. Going back to work on the 14th September just hope the knee is better by then.have a funeral tomorrow hopefully the knee will behave.
 
Sounds like you are doing better. The crutches are fine as long as you are comfortable. I had to use a cane @ 2 weeks since my house is narrow and couldn't use a walker. OUCH! It seems like it is taking forever to be normal again. I had a few setbacks but it does get better with time. Sending good thoughts. After 11 weeks I still limp and have yet to drive.
 
Hospital pt class yesterday flexion was 92 extension was 22 was told to carry on with all exercises am now discharged from hospital pt. start back to work on Monday hoping it will all be okay boss knows I can not lift heavy dogs on to the tables as I used to I hope my co workers will understand I am still pretty slow and have one crutch still two when other knee joins in on the action. Have a sports therapy session this afternoon hoping he will look at other knee today as it wants some talc . @raff hope you enjoy your conference and knee behaves itself for you. Have a great weekend everyone ..
 
start back to work on Monday hoping it will all be okay boss knows I can not lift heavy dogs on to the tables as I used to I hope my co workers will understand I am still pretty slow and have one crutch still two when other knee joins in on the action.

My vet was great looking out for me after my TKR. She had the techs carry the food and even the cat carriers out to the truck for me. Of course, I suppose you're the tech, but I hope your boss and co-workers are understanding while you get back to full strength.
 
Thanks. I'm nervous! Really hope work goes well for you. Try to rest as much as you can, hard though that may be.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom