TKR Dee's sparkling new knee<'

Knee bends is pretty much the same except I sit on a stool and try to bend it more.
Sports therapist are pretty much same as physio but don't tend to push as much as them.
Sports massage is a deep tissue massage but he is pretty gentle with my knees see him for my shoulder injury but knee has a very tight IT band so he helps loosen that off.
Sorry yes doing shopping twice a week and a bit of hoovering.
Went back to work last Monday for four to five hours.
 
Knee bends is pretty much the same except I sit on a stool and try to bend it more.
Sports therapist are pretty much same as physio but don't tend to push as much as them
You should not do this. Don't force it and don't allow anyone else to force it.

But I will repeat, you are doing plenty enough in your life already to the point that you really don't need to do any exercising at all. So I suggest you stop completely. The reason you have such a poor ROM is because of the exercising. Stop it and allow your knee to relax, get better and the swelling to go down and you know what? you ROM will improve all on its own!
 
Thank you @Josephine I will take on board all your advice a rest up from physio and sports therapy. Was just trying to get back to normal quicker. See my surgeon in a few weeks.
 
Was just trying to get back to normal quicker.
Which is an unattainable goal, I'm afraid. Your body only has one speed for recovery - it's own speed which is generally fairly slow! For instance, when you get a cold, can you hurry the progress of it? No - it takes its own time.
 
Not been here for a while. Went back to see my surgeon today as both knees are painful. He redid xrays. Right knee is looking okay. He says it is just a stiff knee which he wants to to do an MUA. The left one has bone spurs behind the knee cap so he says that it needs a patella button which he can do both procedures at the same time.

Can anyone tell me what the recovery is likely to be after this. Feeling very nervous but surgeon says it won’t be as bad as the TKR was.
 
You didn't say what your bend is on the right knee. Are you still swelling? That is usually what causes stiffness. I will tag @Josephine so she can advise you.
 
Hard to say what the recovery will be like with two procedures at the same time. In general, recovery should be less intense than a TKR, that said every recovery is different.
You will want to go over the recovery guidelines before and after your surgery. If you take care of your knees in the early days, letting them heal before you start increasing activity, your recovery will be smoother.
 
The right knee bends to 85 no swelling just stiffness I am hoping the MUA will sort it out. Am just wondering if the scar will be as long for the patella button as it was for the TKR?
 
You surgeon will probably use the same incision, so you'll only have one scar.
 
Can anyone tell me what the recovery is likely to be after this. Feeling very nervous but surgeon says it won’t be as bad as the TKR was.
Well, he's being a tad optimistic, I'd say! On a percentage scale, if the TKR is 100% this will be about 75%. So pretty much of a rerun of the TKR really, I'm afraid.
 
Well today is patella resurfacing day eek. Hoping to be home in a day or so to start recovery. Hoping that it will all go smoothly and it won't be as bad as the total knee replacement. Not sure why I am feeling so stressed as surgeon has said it won't be that bad I hope he is telling the truth.
 
Best wishes for today! :console2:
 
@ Deeann best of luck with your procedure. Looking forward to seeing how it all goes. I had my knee caps resurfaced as part of the tkr. My knee caps were actually in worse shape than the rest of the knee.
 
In bad agony at the moment he said the kneecap was in very bad shape but tkr is looking good. Just waiting for pain meds now.
 
@Deeann hopefully, the meds will be there soon and you'll be feeling better. Was this an out patient or in patient procedure?
 
Oh, I was so tired of waiting for pain meds in the hospital--it was great to go home.
 
Staying in for 2 days. Just think I would recover better at hi
Better at home.
 
Keep on them for your pain meds. The fussy patient gets the relief!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom