Guest viewing is limited

Decisions, decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo hoo! Today I received my anaesthetic review appointment for 7th of January! :spin: I'm excited to have this next step in place, I'll possibly be a January Jackpot!
 
Yipee... :dancy:

That is wonderful news my good Kiwi friend across the ditch.. you will be starting the New Year with a shiny new hip in January... fantastic Octopus :thumb:
 
How exciting for you Octopus. January is NEXT month. That will be here before you know it. So get your holiday preparations together and start getting the house ready. This time will fly by for you.
 
Wow! You are right Damn! It is next month, hadn't thought about that. December will certainly pass quickly, so much to do before Christmas, especially at work. My new house is keeping me occupied, changing things to the way I want them. Have one more Christmas present to get, thankfully! Have organised a few things like more pillows, shower mat, cold packs etc. And am starting to prepare meals to put in the freezer. I plan to stay the first couple of weeks at my mothers house so I don't have to worry abut cooking, laundry etc. then come back to my own place.
 
Diane, glad the first step is in place! You sound like me - a planner. It's good and bad, but mosly good! It's funny how time speeds up once the dates are set. The anesth meeting will be here before you know it. Hopefully you'll get your official date soon. We're all pulling for you and wishing you restful nights as you wait ever so patiently! :flwrysmile:
 
Hiya kiwi octopus

I know it is your Pre op review on 7 Jan, but I am going to put you on the January list anyways... Not long... Wahoo, shiny new hip :)
 
Thanks Poppet! Didn't see this post till I'd read the January Jackpots posting. Much appreciated! Getting things ready for my absence from work, spreading a few things around various people, but most of it will be done by a temp.

You sound like me - a planner. It's good and bad, but mosly good!
dede62 had to laugh at this, some days I feel like I spend my life planning and organising my life! Guess that's the bad part :) on the plus side it feels less stressful to be prepared. Sounds like you are doing well. :)
 
That sounds like a great plan!

I know that I was definitely grateful to have some help for the first week or two. There are stairs involved with some daily tasks, like letting the dog out, and it was nice not to have to tackle them if I didn't feel like it. Plus my SO decided I needed home made breakfast in bed every day. I did not argue!! My nephews were sooo jealous when I told them. I think they think it is the ultimate decadence. Maybe it is, but it was nice!

Here's hoping you get a January surgery date!
 
Oh, breakfast in bed sounds soooo lovely. Wonder if I can swing that? :)
 
Octopus, hoping you and your family had a lovely Christmas. Pulling for a date not far off from your January appointment! :xmas-win:
 
Thanks dede62, I hope you have had a good Christmas too. Being summer we planned a barbecue, but typical to Auckland weather it rained, so we used the awning over the deck for a rain shelter instead of keeping the sun off! It was quite noisy and busy with 6 adults and six children aged 5 to 16. But we had a good time with plenty of presents and food! One of the best presents I received is an iPad cushion, given to me with my operation in mind. I'm making good use of it now too.

I'm getting excited about my pre-op appt, and am hoping that things progress quickly from there. Must finish off my final preparations in case it does. :)

Merry Christmas
Diane
 
So Diane, how did your appointment go on Thursday? I take it, no news on a date yet?? Hopefully, you're hanging in there and it won't be much longer to get your date...
 
Hi dede62

Appointment is this coming Monday. I'm hoping I'll have news after that, or not too long after. Yes, I'm hanging in there, sometimes "I just want to know now!", but most of the time I'm ok. All the organising is coming together nicely, just bought a large long pillow today, which I think will be helpful for elevating my leg. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

How are you doing these days?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom