Guest viewing is limited

Decisions, decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the "visit" Poppet. I am enjoying Bonesmart, and appreciating all the support. It's really good to have. I have great friends & family support, but it's not the same as those who have "been there, done that". It's good to be able to learn what to expect when the time comes. The library is amazing, what a great resource. Thanks to all you Forum Advisors & Administrators, you do a great job. :cheers:

Diane
 
Hi Diane, so pleased you find the forum helpful and the library articles informative.. Stick with us, we love helping each other. You are right, nothing like chatting with someone who has been through the experience.

Hugs x
 
I saw the Osteo about my other strains & pains. :) I'm experiencing pain and discomfort in both knees and my right ankle. Also my left shoulder which is taking the strain of using a crutch to get around. He has given me some stretches to do a couple of times a day and this seems to be helping, along with the odd massage as well for the shoulder. No news on a date yet, but I'm still pleased to be on the way!

Diane
 
Hang in there Diane, hopefully that 'date' is not too far away.

Glad your Osteo was able to give you some suggestions.. not fun using a crutch pre surgery!

Hugs across the ditch my Kiwi friend xx
 
Thanks Poppet, hugs for you too! :flwrysmile:
 
I was on one crutch for six months pre-op. Not fun at all! Hang in there. I hope you get your date soon!
 
I used a walker for almost two years prior to surgery, surgeon thought it best to protect my gait with the more even balance.. Not sure it worked I ended up with a severe Trendelenburg gait due to eventually having to lean on the arms of my walker up to my elbows most of the time..

I feel for you Kiwi :) xx
 
Oh Poppet, that sounds awful! I don't know how you did it, but we do what we have to do, don't we? I did find yesterday when I went out to do some more Christmas shopping & buy some things for surgery time, that it was a bit less painful to walk a bit stooped over. Did a couple of hours and called it quits! It's all about pacing myself at this stage. Feel good that I have a few things prepared. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like last minute rushes, less to panic about when the time comes. If I get an early appointment, I will probably only get a weeks notice.
 
It was a no brainer for me due to the pain and being unable to live my life I did find inspiration from
a video on you tube ......type in "Ian's hip journey " and enjoy seeing someone before and after
good luck I see it now as getting brand new parts which will improve my performance, just
hope my head gasket doesn't blow
 
Thanks Dingbat7, I'll have a look at that. I hope your recovery is going well.
 
It's about the same as last time, so I am hopeful I only have about 2-3 more weeks before can walk without a crutch and can get back driving, difference is this time I haven't got any more hip surgery to go through (for a long while hopefully)
 
Yay! Only 2-3 more weeks of crutch & no driving for you! You must be really looking forward to it. Thanks for the video, I loved it. Makes me smile.
 
Make sure you watch the version with the Proclaimers " on my way to happines" soundtrack
 
Octopus, don't fret. I'm the original worrier. I waited a year and finally when the pain got so bad, I set a date. I visited the surgeon in July 12, and picked nov 13th, 2012 as my new birth date. I'm so gald I didn't wait any longer. Everything has worked out A+ so far. I jokingly told everyone I wasn't worried because I was going to sleep through the entire procedure. Guess what, I did. I choose to focus on the IVs and not worry about the actual cutting, etc. I was up and about the day after surgery. My OS said weight bearing as pain allows. So far, 2 week out, I'm on a cain, walking about ready to be discharged from home pt and getting ready for outpatient pt. I know everyone says how amazed you will feel after surgery, but let me tell you it is an amazing feeling to be suddenly pain free (not totally because there is minor discomfort near the incision, but that's fading fast). It's also amazing to be suddenly able to move my leg without all the pain. Good luck.
 
Hi Octopus. I am 44 years old with hip dysp and OA and I am seeing a surgeon the first time Dec 17th. It sound like you are in a lot of pain and missing out on what you enjoy. I hope your surgery and recovery will be very smooth.
 
Hi limpingaround, thanks for your encouragement. Yes, I'm a great worrier too. I'm not too worried at this stage, but it will be a different matter when I finally have a date and it gets closer to the time. Glad to hear your recovery is going well.

Hi Jmom, Thanks for your good wishes. Yes, I have limited my activities a lot. At the moment staying home, not doing much sounds really good at the moment!
 
Hang in there Diane.. It will be worth it hon, this is the worse part Pre surgery..

Hugs across the ditch kiwi xoxoxoxoxoxox
 
Thanks Poppet! Not minding the waiting too much, just the pain & limitations. Thankfully summer is well on the way and I can soon wear slip-on shoes instead of boots. :happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom