TKR Dearjr's new knee

Thanks for the input
He pulled my knee forward and said it was stable
 
My OS took X-rays with every check up, but he may have been checking for loosening etc. due to my infection. There's an X-Ray tech & machine in the office.
 
Yeah, there's a lot they can tell from a physical exam. My right knee clicked during the first several months as it was healing, no pain. It still randomly clicks but feels good and functions fine.
 
Yes healing can take up to a year
My os told me
He did the quad sparing surgery which I didn't know. He makes a small snip and then moves it

It's a fascinating surgey and what they put in and take out
 
4 month update

I had finally lost the band feeling but it came back...is that common...feel it more when on legs all day

Going to finally play tennis in am

Went on elliptical with resistance and now feel the band

Hope fully feels better after tennis...lol
 
I had that tight band feeling steadily x5 months, then occasionally for another 5 months. It fades gradually, but tends to re-appear exactly when you wish it wouldn't.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The tight band feeling for me comes and goes and seems to appear after I have picked up my activity level. Congrats for hitting the four-month mark. I have a few days left until I hit it. It is really nice to know all of us July Sparklers are doing so much better.
 
@Clipless at all the wrong times too!

Just finished playing tennis for the first time in 5 years
Just volleying and seeing how I move and how the knee reacts
No discomfort in tkr knee but bad left knee acting up now
Probably have to ice both of them!

Not as mobile as before but that might be because of left knee. Will have to wait till next year after I get it done to test out that hypothesis

I see now why doubles is better for the knee...lol
 
Well tonight I feel the effects of tennis. My tkr is feeling no different than the other days
It's the left knee which I'll need a tune up soon
So icing both now
 
This week has me
Thinking that I didn't feel my knee at times. Then there were times I knew it was there
It's an ongoing battle

Sat thru a 2 1/2 hour movie tonight also and walked out after...lol

Good movie bridge of spies
 
You're still making steady progress, @Dearjr , and that's really good to hear. :yes!::yay:
 
I have no idea what my rom is, I only know what I'm able to do and not do. Sitting with my leg under me is the one thing I'd like to do that I can't, but not sure if anyone with a TKR is able.
Bridge of Spies was a good one!
 
I'm glad you got back to tennis. I would love to do that again. It's been more than 10 years since I've been able to do that. I used to play for a yearlong doubles tennis team and would play at least 3 times a week.

It does seem like to old knee sometimes complains even more than the new knee. Yesterday both were vying for my attention! That old IT band just keep acting up when it's the worse time.

I'll have to make watch that movie!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom