TKR Day to day sitting about

I don’t think the tight band disappears overnight, I think for most of us it’s more of a gradual thing. It will probably show up again while we’re healing, when we overdo our activities.
 
With both my total knees is started to diminish by three months; it was gradual...
Some members do have it longer, but it is a gradual thing.
 
Hi Caron,
Happy Two Month Anniversary!

Icing and elevation may help to reduce any swelling associated with the tightness if you're not doing so already.
Hopefully it begins noticeably easing for you.
@Caron
 
does the tight band feeling just disappear. I know it can take months, but does it just disappear over night
I didn't find that it just disappeared overnight.
What happened was it gradually reduced over several months. It would be gone in the morning after sleep but would come back as the day wore on. Eventually it only came after a heavy day in the evening. The intensity also reduced gradually.
Then it disappeared but came back occasionally after a really bad day.
I remember at over a year, it had gone for a while. But then I stupidly wore high heels for a funeral and we ended up standing for ages on muddy uneven ground near the grave. It came back slightly for a few hours that evening.
I am sure it is due to very slight swelling causing discomfort. The knee is avery small joint space and even a tiny bit os swelling upsets it.
 
3months in and feels like I’m going back over some days. Some days are great, walking without stick, hardly any limp then boom, wake up day after, knee feels heavy, tight, hardly any bend and need stick as limp is back. I just wasn’t made aware of the full recovery time. How are others at 3 months post op getting on x
 
@Caron not quite there with you, 10 weeks but totally the same. Still working on my bend but overdid it yesterday and oh my word, paying for it today. Same happened last week and I think we have to accept this is part of our year long journey. Rest and take care x
 
Hi @Caron, give it time. I’m now at 5 months and sometimes I don’t even think about my knee, but sometimes it swells and throbs a bit, usually at night if I’ve overdone it! I walk around the house without any aids, but if I go out I do use a cane just for that bit of security and balance. However, my other knee needs replacing so that’s probably why. You will get there - wait til you get to 5 months, the difference is huge!
 
Hi @Caron , I’m in the same boat as you. I had my LTKR 12.5 weeks ago and a MUA on my 12 week old RTKR at that time so they’re both now at 12.5 weeks. I’m walking in malls a few days a week for 40 minutes now (due to snow outside) and intend to add 5 min each week till end of April when I’m leaving for a trip to Europe. I started a few new exercises a few days ago and ended up in the Over Did It club. Only vacuumed and dusted our townhouse main level yesterday and rested with my knees up for the rest of the day. I have to take it slowly or else my knees swell up and stiffen. I’m always wondering whether I’ll get my bend and how long will I feel this way. I don’t seem to be making any progress. My right is around 100 and my left is around 72. I’m still icing for 45 minutes at a time with my toes above nose several times a day. Hang in there! I feel for you!
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hang in there. The bad days will become few and farther between as time rolls on. :thumb:
@Caron
 
I sometimes feel I’ll never feel normal again. This knee feels alien and both my hips ache. And don’t think I’ll ever sleep right through again. Sometimes it’s just hard to be positive and I think today is one of them days
 
@Caron I am in the same frame of mind as you. Religiously doing all the things that should make it right but not working. All I can tell myself is that patience is the boss. I see my surgeon on Friday and it seems I won't have the bend he's expecting. But then I don't have too much that I was expecting at almost 12 weeks. :rotfl: And so we must go on.
 
Good days, not so good days, ups / downs at this point are normal. It WILL get better, Caron!
[Bonesmart.org] Day to day sitting about

I hope today is a good day! :SUNsmile:
@Caron
 
@Caron
At three months postop you're just 1/4 through a typical one year recovery.
Rest or nap as best you can to assure adequate sleep - after long weeks of moving recliner to guest bed with Lounge Doctor to my bed, I literally felt as if I'd forgotten how to simply go to bed and go to sleep.
It gets better.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom