Guest viewing is limited

THR Cpollock Surgery June 19, 2017<

I sleep on Op side a lot no problems. The pillow I use I made from a 4" sleeping foam pad. I used an electric carving knife to cut two large H shapes glued them together with spray foam adhesive. Then pulled a pillow case over it. It's vary comfortable and keeps the upper leg on top and supported.pluss it doesn't go flat.
 
I'll tell ya.....He's got a money making scheme going here @Mojo333
They'll be no grass growing under his recliner.
He already challenged someone on beating them to the patent office
with another idea he had.....can't recall what it was???
He's good humor that @Gone again
 
That's a great idea @Gone again on the pillow. I have a longer kingsize pillow that I use that goes the entire length of my leg right to the feet. And a body pillow along the back of me and that seems to keep me in align. Last night I laid on my operated side and didn't feel any tenderness so I'm thinking it's okay now to do so. I remember something the OS said about 4 months; maybe that had to do with tenderness as Josephine said. My only complaint with sleeping now is menopause; hehe - I get so warm - then cool - then warm; hehe. Yesterday I rarely used the cane at all; just stand up and go; first few steps I'm really stiff then it loosens up and then I'm walking with a limp - but not terrible. I see the OS again in a month plus new xrays then too. I survived my first dental appointment - 3 fillings down. 2 more appointments to go - one in November and one in December. Before each appointment I take 2 Keflex antibiotics. I wish you all well. Cheryl
 
You sound great @cpollock and all snugly too.
I've been thinking about a body pillow...
 
Hi Cheryl @cpollock
You remind me of myself with the pillows.
I've started using all these different pillows also. Must be an old people thing with an achy this, achy that....
Two feather pillows under my head. Tossing one aside during the night so it gets cool, then switching it out, tossing one, grabbing the other. Aaah, cool pillows... they are the best!!
Need a body pillow too. They're awesome, started using one pre-op, now I have to have it in my life!
Try it @Mojo2013 you can get them at Target.
 
You're a baby @39!
Lots of life left in you....
You'll feel younger than 39 once that hip is fixed.
We'll be following your journey....you'll do great!
@Susan209
 
I want pictures of @Gone again s pillow design....

Lol @cpollock I think I'd still get an ok on when to lay on your side..
Menopause ugh that makes everything harder sleep you name it but YOU will beat it all I am convinced.

Hugs my friend
 
Thanks all for checking in on me. I've had no issues appear since my fillings last Monday. I go back again November 20th. I rarely use my cane anymore, keep forgetting it or losing it. Yes still limping though but that is improving some. It's still kind of tender to touch but that's improving also. I have my next OS appointment November 24th complete with xrays.
The weekend was great, my son Myles had a Halloween party with a haunted house set up in his basement, great food, and company. We all brought something. I dressed as a fortune teller and brought my tarot cards and made some paper fortunes. Theyre called cootie catchers, i remember making them as a kid. Yesterday the family got together and celebrated my birthday which is on Wednesday. It's supposed to snow and it's mid week and with most of the family with jobs etc... it made sense to do it on the weekend. We went for supper then cake at mom's, I was spoiled. Also after the Halloween party I took my Noah home with me so I had some Noah time yesterday. I wish you all well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
So glad you have some joy coming back into your life. Ain't life grand!
Good news, cp...hope things continue to get better and better.:happydance:
 
Last edited:
Hi @cpollock
Love your post!
Forgotten cane
Parties and Costumes
Family, Fun and.......Best Wishes for a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Wednesday!
Hope it's one of the best ever, Cheryl.
You've been through a lot and have come so far.
Wishing you ALL things good. Enjoy your birthday week!
 
Thank you so much @Layla I took Wednesday and Thursday off this week. I'm going for lunch and maybe supper too on Wednesday. And I may purposely forget my cane this outing. I wish you well. Cher

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Hi everyone. I'm doing very well. I'm getting around now without my cane but do limp some still. I also feel stiffness quite often, especially after sitting. I can sleep now on either side as well. I've been very busy in my home life between working full time and my husband's issues prevent him from carrying the full load with the house stuff. I am managing ok. I do seem to tire out, not sure if it's still energy drain, not sure how long that can linger, or possibly the getting older, hehe. Noah is coming for a sleepover on Friday and the whole family is coming Saturday for supper and cake. We will be celebrating my husband's birthday. I wish you all well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
It's so great to hear an update, Cheryl. You sound well!
Great news on getting around without the cane. I know you were looking forward to that.
I found it such a relief to finally be able to sleep on my side again. Sleeping on my back is not my preference but due to a bad shoulder on my non op side, I was stuck on my back.
It sounds like your days are full with work and taking on more at home due to Gary's RA. You must be exhausted. That all takes a lot of energy only 5 months after a major surgery. Add to that the stress of a spouse's illness and it's no wonder you tire easily.

I hope you have a great weekend with little Noah and family as you celebrate hubby's birthday.
Take Care!
@cpollock
 
Thank you so much @Layla I hope you are doing well too with the healing. Do you still limp at all? Sorry to hear about your shoulder, will you need surgery on it too? I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks, Cheryl. I'm doing well. Not really limping anymore. My shoulder has bothered me off and on for a couple years. Never had it checked but my range of motion isn't always great. I'm sure it's probably arthritis.
I never sleep on that side because it really seems to bother me the next day if I lay on it for hours, so I don't.
Wishing you a peaceful nights rest :flwrysmile: stay in touch.....
@cpollock
 
Hi Cheryl!! Its been a while!! So happy you are progressing well!! My other hip went...seeing surgeon Dec 6th to book surgery...knee it was a matter of time with my joint history!! We were same week for our hips!! That hip went so well I am hoping same for this one...it's the 2 month wait with the holidays that sux but I have no choice...my son is a PA at the hospital and they got me in ...usually months waiting time...your progression will continue ..takes a good year to heal up!! I am also hoping your mom is ok...I am not on here often just wanted to say hi!! Miss you!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom