Guest viewing is limited

THR Cpollock Surgery June 19, 2017<

Happy Turkey Day, cpollock.
 
Happy Thanksgiving to you too @Mojo333 Though in Canada we had ours October 9th but I acknowledge the American one as well. Time to watch Trains Planes and Automobiles again - love that movie. I wish you well. Cheryl
 
Hi @Donnarita it's definitely been a while. Thanks for dropping a line. That's too bad about your other hip going now; good you can get it done soon. I'm still limping around but not using the cane anymore. I feel stiffness as well; especially after sitting. 5 months out now. I wish you well. Cheryl
 
Have a beautiful day...Cheryl.
Thankful you are doing well!:wave:
 
Thanks for the hug @MyAussieGirl much appreciated. That's funny about the Mr. Goodbar. We used to have a chocolate bar in Canada called a Cuban lunch that were similar but half the size and twice as thick.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Yes I'm doing well @Mojo333 still more stiffness than I like but the pain is gone so trying to be patient. I remember Josephine saying the stiffness is a form of pain and part of healing and can take Tylenol. But I have mostly been putting up with it. I hope you are doing well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Cheryl
It's always nice to read a report from you.
I'm neck in neck with you on the stiffness. I still have some stiffness I only feel when I bend my
knee on my surgical side :gaah:
I too understand from Jo it's a form of pain but I am stubborn and don't take anything either.
You and I are only 8 days apart on our surgery dates. My OS maintains it can last up to a year.
So for now I'm just practicing patience.
Hope you are having a nice weekend!
 
Cheryl...glad to hear from you. I still have some stiffness and my incisions still feel sensitive. Now that I've transitioned into jeans I hate the way they feel on my thighs.
All small stuff compared to that bone crunching pain before.
Hope you have a great weekend:) :-) (:
 
CP, Layla and Mojo.. think it's mostly a time thing and one of the last thr remnants to leave. I didn't even notice at first it was gone, was so used to it. I had some lingering stiffness mos afterwards and one day it simply disappeared. Hallelujah!
 
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing @Horseshoe Good to hear!
I'll welcome the day :bored:
 
Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by. I'm now going down with a respiratory bug, gradually getting worse. It started a couple days ago. I've been taking Tylenol earlier and will take Nyquil at bedtime. Humidifiers are running in my bedroom and by my chair. I had a busy couple days making big batches of ham chowder and cauliflower curry soup. I froze them in individual meal containers. Laundry and bedding is done too and I've been drinking cold blend tea and a concoction with lemon, Apple cider vinegar, honey, and cinnamon. I had my smoothie with all my vitamins thrown in I have every morning. I'm hoping it's not going to progress. I made a chicken and baked zucchini chips for supper but not much of an appetite. My hip is not happy with the resting and standing too much. I hope you're all doing well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Yes, I am resting. Just had a nice shower and going to watch a Xmas movie then off to bed. Thanks @@MyAussieGirl. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
So sorry, Cheryl. ''Tis the season" for the crud, unfortunately.
I sure hope it doesn't drag you down and that it passes quickly.
Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids.
The Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon, Honey drink sounds like the perfect concoction.
Prayers you feel better soon :console2:
@cpollock
 
Thank you @Layla the drink I've been doing almost everyday for a couple years. I do miss the odd day but it's an immune booster. Plus soothing for colds. It's hot water, 1 tsp honey, 2 tsps Apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, juice of half a lemon. Tastes good too.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Cheryl. I'm going to try that. I think I'll like it!
Feels like I'm getting a sore throat today, myself.
I'm hoping nothing materializes :fingersx: I guess I'll know by tomorrow.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom