THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossed everything. Hmmm not good looking in mirror with eyes crossed. With you all the way pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks Legin I hope in a weeks time it will be history and I will be wondering what I was making a fuss about! How's your foot? Any development?
X
 
I am allergic to so many things could this be a sensitivity to the internal stitches?
Unlikely. But it does seem like the internal sutures - which are actually quite superficial - are breaking down and being extruded with fluid which may or may not be pus. But you are on antibiotics which may take some time to work or maybe are just providing you with a safeguard against infection.
Antihistamins help calm it down should I carry on taking them?
I see no reason at all for taking them, so no.
 
Nope but my fitness level increasing did about 15k on bike some sprinting on high tension. Waist not so flobadob tooooo

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin 15k on a bike.... I don't think I would quite manage it! So you are getting toned, serotonin flowing, happiness!

I am touching base on a sleepless night, waiting for it to get light. I cannot believe how up and down this roller coaster is!

After my six weeks of Hydrotherapy which was good, on Friday I had my first physiotherapy session "on land". The therapist was very gentle, explained that I needed to strengthen certain muscles as she identified that i was not walking 100% straight. I did 10 repeats of 4 exercises in the session, no problem, no pain that is until the morning. I have gone back to hobbling again and leg aches a lot. I think the problem is that I have a high pain threshold - if it had felt uncomfortable I would have said no and followed Josephine's advice of not doing it. Oh well one thing I have learnt is that it does not last for ever.

I thought at 6 weeks post op I would be able to go abroad for husbands birthday, but with the infection and being on the roller coaster we decided to go to Wales instead. It is about four hours drive! I read your post @NuMe2014 I hadn't even thought of the implications for the muscle and wound. It is 4 hours there on Sunday and 4 hours back on Thursday. I know we are all different so hope it does not stir everything up for me. I bet you have beautiful places to camp around you.

@Nana moon 27 You said that when you take antibiotics they usually are effective on the last two days of a seven day dose. You were right. This seems to be happening to me. At days 3-4 I thought they are not working but now day 6 wound infection is calming down a lot. One more day to go and see how it is.

Internet connection is bit erratic in Tywyn on the coast so will be on touch when I can! Oh it is light now. it is getting more spring like, lighter earlier so lovely.
 
Hiya oh there are wonderful places. 3 mile walk and camp near a wee waterfall. Copps lasd I so respect how you have coped with this setback you have looked for support and taken it to try to settle all those what if its ........... thoughts well done. Im pooped today train to manchestet watch match train back. Muscles tendons joints going hmmmmmmmmmmmm. But I dont care

Legin THR Sep 14
 
An epic journey to see Man U hope you can get lots of rest today. Glad it was worth it x
 
Rest hmmmmmm errrrrrrrr oh errrrrrrr will see

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Are you @Tywyn Gwynedd? Where are you staying?

My caravan is located between there and a little village called Bryncrug. The little shop there is owned by a lady in her nineties who has devoted her whole life to her business. In Bryncrug there is her shop and a pub, that's it. Aberdovey about five miles away us worth a visit. Beautiful harbour, sandy beach and it's flat on the sea front!

Yes network coverage not great. Vodaphone, Virgin Media and Orange not too bad. Hubby had terrific problems with 3 network. He sacked them in the end and went to Virgin media xx

Love Nana moon 27.
 
What a coincidence!!! Yes we have a tiny little house on the sea front. I knew I had to have my hip op when I walked a few yards along the sea front and my husband had to get the car to drive me back. I love it in Tywyn in an old fashioned way.

My favourite place to sit and just be, that I was telling @Legin about, is the Beacon that overlooks the bay on the Barmouth side of Tywyn. My fantasy is to be able to get up there again. I have pictures of me in the snow up the top in brilliant sunshine. My active life pre hip op seems many moons ago.

Still there is hope and I keep thinking of what would have happened to all of us in Victorian times.

Bring on the coincidences x
 
You will get there as I will my hill pal.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
The Hill in Kinross or Beach Hill in Gwynedd may be this year maybe next hip and foot willing?
Be in touch dependent on the wifi connection.
K.
 
[emoji106] [emoji106]

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @copsham

I love that walk along the front. I used to run along where the new path is to the right to the end of it where the boulders are. I can't even imagine ever doing that now.

So which direction do you live in. I don't want your exact address or anything but I was curious as to which houses as there are quite a few x

Gosh I cannot wait for the caravan season to start x ours doesn't open until Easter. Btw there is the most fantastic aquacise class for over 50's. I went a lot last year and it was great. The group are really friendly. All shapes and sizes so you don't feel uncomfortable. It was on a Thursday morning at the swimming baths in Tywyn I don't know whether they have had their refurb done yet? Xxx

Have a wonderful time. All my love
Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
Hi nana moon 27
Our little house is on the right if you go down pier road to the beach. If you go down the path way we are three houses before the caravan site. You see the back of the house and it's patio leading on to the walkway along the beach, the only house with a glass (Perspex) fence.

Already I can walk further than I have for several years so will be walking along the sea front and around part of talyllyn lake. So already I am benefitting from my hip. It felt that I would never say that! I will not walk on any fields or muddy footpaths yet as my hip does not feel strong enough for a bit of slipping and sliding.

We are passing Birmingham at the moment so a wave from me to you. Happy days! X
 
Thanks @copsham

Yes I know that road well x I love Talyllyn lake on a nice day x have you been to Dolgoch Falls? Xxx thanks for waving x

That's great news about your walking xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
@Nana moon 27
Can you imagine I am sitting in our living room watching out to sea. It was wild weather when I got up but sunny now so planning that walk shortly.

My infection has nearly gone (I think) and I am beginning to feel the benefits of the hip op ... watch this space X
 
Oh how wonderful @copsham x x. I'm seeing that view. What a wonderful sight x I'm glad you're feeling a touch better x x x
Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
My baby roller coaster continues ..... I had a bad night last night. I was just falling asleep when I felt a tiny "ping" in my wound. I got up and another of the internal stitches had worked its way out. They are like tiny, thin filament. Psychologically this does not feel good although really it is a minor irritant. I spent the rest of the night thinking what if the infection comes back and other horrors!
 
Or another one bites the dust

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom