THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, poor @copsham, so sorry you Need surgery on your broken foot. Please Report how it went when it's all done if you have the energy. And should you get post-op blues/boredom/cabin fever, just post in Bonesmart, and we will answer you.
Haven't written much in Bonesmart recently. Sorry about that. On Saturday, me and my husband flew to Cairns in Australia. He bought a house there we want to let. We have looked at it and it's very chic. We had to do a few things here with the house and wanted to take the opportunity to go and see places in the area, but my poor hubby has caught a flu with Bronchitis. Hope he'll be a bit better tomorrow. On the other Hand, my hip is doing a phantastic Job. I like Walking in Cairns. Must have walked about 12 Km yesterday, and my hip is Feeling better every day. Will Report more on my thread when I'm back from Australia. The Wifi at the hotel where we are staying (can't stay at the house 'cause tenants will move in on Sunday) is terrible, very slow. Sometimes it isn't working at all. Hugs - Constanze
 
@copsham
You will be in my prayers on Saturday. Even though it will be your foot that is the focus~ you are still a hippie too so please keep up posted! Know that as you enter this next battle you have many Bonesmartie Warriors thinking about you. Go girl! :prayer:
 
Aye trust you to have a rare fracture mind you I do remember eldest daughter saying only you dad when I told her about crps thingmabob. Try not to fixated with upcoming surgery, read Huffington and rant about this wonderful careing government...........

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @copsham, not been on here for a week or so and just saw what a serious and complicated injury it was to your foot and that you're having an op on it tomorrow. Every good wish for you, really sorry you've had to have an op. Have a good old chat with the anaesthetist about how badly you react to anaesthetic, as they will do everything they can to alleviate bad reactions, if they can. Good luck xx
 
What a wonderful gang of Bonesmarties. Thank you all so much.

@Constanze how great to think of you in Australia, glad you made it. I hope your husband gets better quickly.
@Sullivand thank you for your thoughts. I certainly remain as concerned and protective of my hip strangely more than my foot, so a continued hippy.
@Legin -you are probably the only person in the world who could say to me don't get fixated on the surgery and I would think seriously about it - you are so right. Huffington will come in useful when I am waiting.
@isolde both of us going through a blip of one sort or the other at the same time, not easy but in weeks to come we will be sorted. This evening we might call in to St Pancras as have to pick up homeopathic remedies from Covent Garden- I will be the "old lady in a wheelchair"!!

I have had enough of 2015.
Jan - April focused on hip recovery.
May - June tantalised by new found Freedom.
July the start of another recovery which sounds more long winded that the hip ... groan ...

I will get more positive but for a while I need to feel sorry for myself before picking myself up again.

Thanks all x
 
Best wishes for a super surgery and recovery. I have to agree that this is the best forum I have ever used -so well organized. I am a competitive type and was getting anxious because I am just a "member" and wondered how others who joined after me were graduates and seniors etc. Finally someone pointed out that it's based on the number of posts, likes etc. Whew! Thought I was doing something wrong. You are so good at keeping up with everyone -dont know how you do it and when you are in pain too. Big warm hugs!
Diane
 
Thanks @HollyB healing vibes received from "mid Atlantic states" with thanks !

@Granny Di thanks for your sentiments. I think our posting depends on how much we sleep, how sedentary we are, how used to IT we are etc. Big hugs from Ontario are appreciated.
 
Who is this Lisfranc dude? Anyway I hate him for making your foot hurt. I hope you wake up from surgery feeling so much better since it seems you have really been suffering with this foot. If it's true, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, you're going to be one strong woman after all this.......
 
Thanks @Sagefemme
I am going to leave for hospital in an hour but have opened up my laptop to stop me running away!! I am a bit shocked as looking at the timetable for recovery on the Internet I will not be able to drive for 6 months. That's january 2016 oh no!! I have lived in London all my life until moving to rural countryside when I retired 2 yrs ago. I love it here but without a car will be so dependent on others. As you said what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!
Will be in touch on the other side x
 
Big love going out to you copper top! You can take an lickin' and keep in kickin'!!!! You got this!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Well I have been booked in and now the long weight. I am in a ward with three others all knee replacements and have told them about bonesmart. The experience so far is so much better than when I had my hip op and I have only been here a couple of hours . the anaesthetist changed the meds and will do acupuncture to help my giddiness and my nausea! The surgeon believes my concerns about my reaction to internal stitches and my allergies so all in all the NHS as it should be x
 
@copsham
I've been following your thread and am hoping that your foot surgery has been completed and you are doing well. I snapped my 5th metatarsal 2 years ago (just by standing up from my chair... Didn't realize my foot and leg had fallen asleep!) and had to have a plate and screws put in to stabilize it. They did this with local anesthesia and that wonderful cocktail. However, and I hate to say this, be prepared for being extremely uncomfortable with pain. I used one of those knee-walkers for nearly 4 months, which made all the difference in the world..total non-weight bearing for 2 months. I so hope and pray your recovery is no where near what mine was. Keep me posted on your recovery. I'll be here if you need anything. Wishing you well.
 
I have been following your thread and am just wondering how you are, hope it all went well.
 
Hey ho coppers, hope all went well

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom