THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Great Aunt Janet
Thanks for your sentiments - this is such a deja vu. Planning to get to the bathroom, having to ask for a drink of water etc etc. Oh well could definitely be worse - what if this happened nearer my hip op - it could have been disastrous. x
 
Oh @HollyB l thank you too for your kind sentiments. Will be in touch when I know what is happening. Keep us updated!

@Jamie yes you are right will get it checked but not a twinge or a grumble from my op hip.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
I am at home not Tywyn. I don't know if that is good or bad.

My left hip was the operated one and my left foot just has some beautiful emerging bruises, nothing feeling bad.
It is my right foot that looks as if the bones are out of place with emerging bruising like a saddle over the foot !!

Oh well must make myself go now as I am good at avoiding things that scare me. Here we go again!

What a lovely group of Bonesmarties. i am very lucky x
 
Hi @copsham I would say it was as well you are at home. The little cottage hospital only provides very basic first aid care. Anything else and you end up in Bronglais in Aberystwyth or The Maelor in Wrexham.

Good luck x x x
 
So sorry to hear about your fall, hope nothing is broken and just a bad sprain. But good news your hip held out. Thinking of you
 
@copsham
Oh you just experienced one of all of our worst fears~ a fall~ you sound in good spirits and that will put your warrior shield back on for this next trip, I mean journey! I hope your foot is a minor injury with a short recovery period. Take care!
 
@copsham I'm sorry to hear about your fall and hope there is nothing too serious with your foot. I am glad that your hip is ok. About 6 weeks ago I had my " first " post-op " hip trip". I never fell on my hip ...because my chin hit the night table before I could actually fall! At the time I remember thinking - hip 1 feels ok and then hip 2 feels fine too, wow huge relief ( while heart is pounding out of chest)! With chin and neck breaking my fall I landed kind of on my knees in a twisted sort of way( so the hips held up to some very bad twisting). So yes our new hips are pretty tough.
 
Thank you all! I have broken a foot bone - metatarsal (sp?), "in an unusual place" i.e. very near its base towards the ankle end. I have an enormous astronaut type of boot to wear. My son says this is a fashionable injury e.g. David Beckham had it!

Guess what I was told, ice, elevate, rest, do nothing for 2-3 days then do not drive for 4-6 weeks. Does this sound familiar?

I think the foot feels worse than my hip ever did! Also when I had the hip done I got organised at home, made sure everything was accessible now this is "out of the blue".

@NuMe2014 your fall sounds awful - but we both have proof of the strength of the new hips thank goodness.

@Sullivand Thanks for your kind thoughts. After reading your post I thought "yes .... warrior shield back on for next journey" Then I thought but I want to give this journey a miss!!

@Nana moon 27 I would be at Aberystwyth or Bronglais if in Tywyn then. I think I will stick with Wycombe for now!

Throughout my hip recovery the word was PATIENCE - it is now going to be the same with my foot recovery. I do feel a bit wiser, knowing that everything is transitory and that it does get better but these things are sent to try us x
 
So thankful that you are all right. You serve as a good example to all of us that when "stuff happens" get it checked out and take care of it. I'm sorry that the foot was broken and that you're "booted". But you sound in good spirits about it all and I'm impressed with your strength. So, come on and join my World: ice, elevate, and rest!
 
Good. I broke mine in a crash. Didn't know.at first because everywhere else hurt more. Diagnosed 3 months after doh

Legin THR Sep 14
 
You are amazing @copsham I love your positivity. You've picked yourself up. Dusted yourself off and got on with it. Truly inspirational x well done x sending you lots of get well soon wishes xx
 
So sorry to hear about your foot. Ice, ice, ice is all I can think of. And speedy healing.
 
Definitely "off my head" have been posting what I have already posted - ignore me!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Sagefemme thanks for your post re ICE ICE ICE. Last time I made do with bags of peas for icing. Today I have order ice packs with velcro to make it easier. Certainly this time round I am a little wiser. I am just a bit fed up to have to be non-weight bearing for a minimum of 4 weeks. There is also the possibility that I will need to have the break "screwed together" So scary once again. I feel that I have already done my bit!

BTW Is sagefemme a midwife or a witch or something completely different?
 
@Legin one of the side effects of this particular break can be CRPS. I would never have known what it was until recently. It is enough to make me very diligent in following the instructions re no weight bearing!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom