Revision THR Continuing left hip pain

Doesn't sound like that solves anything - just tries to keep you quiet! they are apparently true to the name - they're focused on managing your pain, not eliminating it. Then they wonder why people get addicted!

Please, please, please get an appointment with a sports medicine doc or even a different revisionist! This is definitely one of those "if at first you don't succeed" situations. The only thing you have to lose is pain!

I had to eventually do an end run around my original surgeon and his referrals to find someone that really looked at it. I'm not sure if he was concerned about malpractice issues but, if so, the irony was that the final surgeon said (when pressed) that the cup placement, while a bit prominent, was within normal bounds.

Be the squeaky wheel until you get true relief!
 
So discouraged. Also have to see a new cardio specialist to tell me what to do with my tachycardia. Pain management at the end of the month. Maybe I will have another idea of what to do to make me better.....
 
Did the tachycardia start recently or worsen recently? Any new meds? My pcp started me on a couple of new meds just before first THR and they caused tachycardia. I went thru a whirlwind of tests and they discovered some other cardiac issues (and gained a cardiologist to complement my other docs) but got the tachy under control with betablockers. I only had to use them for a few weeks (and stop the new meds).
 
The tachycardia wasn’t there until after my first surgery. No new meds. I don’t know. It’s probably my worrying about my hip.
 
:hi: @ebair23
I wish I had some sage advice or suggestions:unsure:
I am glad to see you are still pursuing answers to your ongoing hip issues...and certainly you have to stay on to seeing about your heart!
I am sorry this has been such a long struggle for you.
Just wishing you all the best!:friends:
 
Aww, ebair I'm sorry.
If it's not one thing it's another. I hope this year brings you some relief allowing you the freedom to move forward without issue. Don't give up hope.
Wishing you comfort and brighter days ahead. :console2:
@ebair23
 
Ok, I have a small update. I went to my pain doctor last Friday and they upped my pain medicine again. I am also scheduled for another injection. This time it is in the hip flexor. We'll see I suppose. As always, fingers crossed.
 
Thanks for updating @ebair23
I sure hope it works and you find relief.
Please keep us posted and have a good week!
 
Thanks! Will do! You have a great week also! :)
 
Hello @ebaur23 I’m hoping you are doing better. The pain you described is identical to what I felt after progressing to a cane after hip pinning last fall. I thought my knee was broken. So painful. I agree, stop all PT. I was dutifully doing all squats, marches etc.. when things went to a grinding halt. In my case, my pelvis had tilted which threw everything out of wack. I wish I had stopped everything and put my leg up. It’s so discouraging when you’re not able to walk for months on end. My heart goes out to you. In the end, my hip never healed and I got THR too, but with a broken femoral bone, I will have to take it very easy until bone regrows around implants. Side note: I also ended up changing practices and went for a complete second opinion, not a colleague.
 
Ebair, the "hip flexor" is most likely a reference to the psoas (which is what I had a problem with). Do you know if they are going to do an injection into the muscle or into the tendon? I had 2 injections into the muscle (through the back) by the pain management doctor (who still thought it was my back and a pelvic tilt causing the problem)which helped but not complete relief and didn't last long. The injection into the tendon by the doctor that diagnosed the psoas impingement was through the top of the thigh into the groin and was what gave me such complete relief (if only for a couple of weeks) and confirmed the diagnosis.
 
I had a THR in February of 2018. I felt great. I went back to work after 10 weeks and never looked back. Flash forward to 2019 and I was pushing a computer cart with a bad wheel. Felt pain but assumed it would go away. It hasn’t. I feel better but can’t do anything. So frustrating. I’ve been off work for four weeks. Could just scream. I hope things are progressing with you.
 
Oh my @spunky268 I am so sorry. Sounds awful. I am right there with you with the pain. Stinks
 
I read your post and realized you have similar problems. At least we have this site to vent together.
 
Fingers crossed for you @ebair23 that this next injection brings some relief and a pointer to what is wrong. And my sympathy to @spunky268 . What a tough time you are both enduring.
 
Thank you Kassey. I just have to talk about this because it has caused me so much stress and depression.
 
Well, the heart specialist I saw said I have an extra beat in my heart rhythms and e thinks that's why I feel weird all the time. Said not to really worry about it unless it gets worse. pain still stinks. Getting another injection at the end of the month. Fingers crossed.
 
What muscle or tendon are they injecting this time? If the psoas, are they doing the muscle (maybe through the back) or the tendon (done through the groin area)?
 
It says left hip flexor injection on my papers.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom