Guest viewing is limited

THR Constanze's recovery diary

Merry Christmas to you and family!! Congrats on improving you Marathon time.
 
This is so inspiring---to have done 2 marathons within 8 years of your hip replacement spotlights both the wisdom in having your hip replaced, and ALSO the important choices you have made along the way to be able to run the marathon safely. Obviously this took a lot of patience and training. :loveshwr:
 
@Constanze
You are an amazing hippy and athlete :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
Have a wonderful Christmas

:wreath::carols::wreath:
 
Thanks for the compliments, everybody:) @Debru4 , I've actually done 6 full marathons ever since my hip replacement in 2015. Two in a forest near a small town near my old work, the 2 Frankfurt marathons I mentioned, and 2 virtual ones during the pandemic in which you run alone and then upload your result to the Frankfurt marathon website. Then you can print your certificate. I also did a half Ironman near Heidelberg in 2018. Wishing everybody a Happy Holiday - Constanze
 
@Constanze awesome news about improving your time! You're amazing and prove that there is definitely life after THR!
:presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon::santa-dance:
 
Happy Holidays, Constanze! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
It's nice to hear from you and I'm happy you still stop by on occasion.
@Constanze

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Hey there, you nice Bonesmart People,
Didn't quite finish my marathon on June 22, 2024 in Wiesbaden. Only did 31 kms and they escorted me out - could have easily done the extra 11, but I was too slow. But I enjoyed it. It was a night run and started at 7 pm and at midnight, there was a party. Actually cycled there and back. The moon was shining on my way home - absolutely beautiful.

So on Halloween, I decided to do the full marathon distance on my own. I jogged to a small lake south of where I live and round it and then back home. It was a slow jog and I rested at the lake to have some water and chocolate, but I did the full distance. This is me at the lake.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Constanze's recovery diary
    20241031_160644.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 49
Here is my running route.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Constanze's recovery diary
    running result halloween2024.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 48
:hi:Always so nice to hear from you, Constanze! Lovely to see your smiling face also.
The midnight run sounds like a fun experience. Never heard of that before. Glad you enjoyed yourself and happy you're doing well. Thanks for stopping by!
@Constanze
 
@Constanze well congratulations on completing your own marathon! And doing 31 Kms on the "official" one is definitely nothing to sneeze at. You definitely stay motivated and show new Bone Smarties there is definitely life after surgery! Job well done!
 
Oh thank you @Elf1 . By the way, do you know what's funny? The marathon event at Wiesbaden took place not very far from the hospital where I had my surgery done. Its a beautiful place in the norther part of Wiesbaden with ponds, greenery, hills and buildings in classsical architecture.
I'd like to go again, but might not be able to. We might be in England then. Our house in Lincoln needs renovating and we are planning on going there in June 2025.
 
Merry Christmas to you too, Constanze!
I hope 2025 is one of your best years ever!
@Constanze
:wreath::carols:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom