THR Constanze's recovery diary

@Constanze Frohe Weihnachten. Of course you know thats about all I remember of my German! :heehee:
:presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon::merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Hello hip friends! It's my 10th Hippyversary today. :flwrysmile:
And I'm grateful. Grateful to my surgeon Dr. Mayer, who fixed my hip. Greatful to the staff at the hospital staff and the rehab staff in Wiesbaden. And greatful to you Bonesmart people for the advice.

I haven't had any issues ever since and my other hip doesn't need replacing. I can walk, drive, run, cycle and swim long distances. Have done several marathons and half marathons ever since, and one half-Ironman. And me and my husband have travelled to many countries ever since, including Australia, New Zealand, Japan, India, and many others, so sitting in an aeroplane is no problem for me either. At the moment we are in Lincoln northern England and we are at our house there for renovating. Spring's here - the landscape is beautiful. On Sunday, we'll be driving back to Germany.
Take care - all of you!
Constanze
 
What a beautiful update, thanks for taking a moment to share. So inspirational for those of us in early recovery or still trying to decide to go forward with hip replacement. I'm in the UK, Cumbria but I worked in Lincolnshire for a spell and it's a very beautiful part of the country. Glad you are enjoying life to the full!
 
Constance.....thank you so much for taking time to come back to BoneSmart and let everyone know what a wonderful life can be had after a hip replacement. We are honored to have been a part of it for you! Hoping you'll never need us for another joint, but we most certainly want to keep in touch with you when you can. Your positive message will ease the fears of many out there who are just starting their joint journey.
 
Last edited:
Such a lovely update, Constanze!
I'm thankful you invitied us to share in your recovery journey over the years. Your openness, strength and willingness to support others over the past ten years has been thoughtful and truly inspiring. I am certain many are appreciative of the encouragement and kindness you've shared along the way. And your recovery has been very interesting, you've accomplished a lot and you're enjoying life. It's wonderful!
Take good care and safe travels back to Germany! :friends:
@Constanze
 
Season's greetings to everybody from North Greetwell, Lincolnshire, Northern England! We are renovating our house in North Greetwell near Lincoln again.

The day after tomorrow, we're Going back to Germany. We will be celebrating Christmas there. On the way back, we'll see my 4th grand-child, a little Emily - she was born in August. We are very happy.

This is my 10th year with a new hip. Still walking, running cycling and swimming. Replaced left hip, still all good. No need to replace my right hip (yet). Wishing you all the best - Constanze
[Bonesmart.org] Constanze's recovery diary
 
Thanks for the update, @Constanze! Glad that your hip continues to be well and allow you to be out walking, running, cycling and swimming.

Enjoy your visit with your grandbaby!
 
@Constanze Happy Holidays to you and yours. Sounds like you're going to be busy but fun. Happy to see 10 years out hasn't slowed you down. I hope to continue to be that active. Of course I recently found out lefty is ready to go bionic but we're waiting for the moment.
:banana-santa:
 
@Constanze …. Nice to have an update from you. What is the photo in your post? Is that where you’re staying in the UK? It looks like a charming Inn…..
 
Great pic, looks so inviting & cozy.
My brother & SIL love Germany at Christmas time. The Christmas markets & the warm wine. One of their favorite spots to visit.
Enjoy that new grand baby & happy to hear you are doing so well.
Happy holidays to you!
 
Hi everybody. Many thanks for the good wishes. @Jamie , the photo shows a nice traditional English pub (inn) in a village called Scothern, which is about 3 miles from our house in the UK.

When we're back in Germany, we'll go to a Christmas market in Wiesbaden, and maybe we'll go ice skating.
 
@Constanze, in 2018 I was lucky enough to go on a Danube river cruise for a week with a friend and go to several of the Christmas Markets. It was soooo wonderful!!! I agree about the warm wine. One of my fondest memories was sitting on a park bench in the Christmas Markets in Vienna with a cup of warm wine and gentle snowflakes falling. I could have spent a LOT of time (and money) shopping the markets!
 
Always nice to see you on the forum, Constanze. It's good to read you're doing well and you're on the move enjoying life. A new grand baby to visit / spoil...precious and so fun!
Happy Holidays to you and yours!
@Constanze
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom