Revision THR Constant pain continuing 1 year after THR<^

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. But most of all, thank you for listening to all of my whines, rants, complaints, etc.! This forum has definitely helped me to keep my sanity through all of this.

The surgeon did say that I will not be able to drive for at least 2 months. They scheduled my post-op follow-up appointments at the office visit as well. They did say that I had to have a driver for both appointments (they are 2 and 6 weeks post-op). I know that my supervisor at work will not be happy at all about this as I have taken so much time off due to my hip. Oh well.... Who knew that I would be dealing with this 2 years later?

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
 
Youve been too long suffering Marvy!
Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of it all for a new year.
You can commiserate with your BS pals anytime.:console2:
Hope you have a good weekend!:yes:
 
Last edited:
Thinking of you today and hoping you are doing your best to find a distraction so that you can be in the best mental place possible while awaiting surgery.
Hugs and hoping you have a good Sunday @Marvy :angel:
 
Thank you @Mojo333 ! :wave:

I had a call this week from the surgeon’s office. My pre-op is January 11th.

I’ve been at a conference this week and even with my cane my hip is so achy. Maybe I shouldn’t say hip since it is more in the trochanter area??

Maybe it is more for insurance purposes, but on the initial “reason for surgery” he listed trochanteric bursectomy and gluteal tendon repair.

We still think that even though a tear was not obvious from the tests that he feels there is a tear. He also mentioned that “I’ve seen things stitched together that shouldn’t be”

These comments lead me to believe that he knows more than what he is saying.

But now that I have a date I’m trying to think positive that finally the issues will be resolved. :praying:

Have a wonderful and relaxing Sunday! :martini:
 
These comments lead me to believe that he knows more than what he is saying.
Maybe he's just relying on former situations, but that's certainly how I would be inclined to take it.
I will be anxiously awaiting your upcoming surgery with you!:console2:
Time for this to get fixed!
:yes:
 
Hi Marvy.
Wondering how you have been and if you feel less desolate knowing that your procedure will be coming up, and there will Hopefully be a solution to your ongoing pain?

Wishing you a good weekend!:tada:
 
Hi @Mojo333 :wave: thanks for checking in!

Yes, even though I do not want a 3rd surgery, I’m less anxious about having it done. It’s like I am at peace with both the surgeon and surgery. (Or maybe it’s a case of third times a charm??)

I know that surgery is the only option as it will never get better or stronger the way it is now.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
 
Hi @ljpviper - I am scheduled to have a bursectomy as well as a gluteal tendon repair

I hope you are finding a resolution to your pain. This whole process has been so frustrating.

Keep us posted with how you are doing.
 
I am so happy you are approaching it from a positive place.
Stress is awful for our immune systems...ditto for pain, but not alot you can do about that!
I hereby instruct you to stay well, eat well, and I am adding my best mojo that this is what needs to happen to get this thing dealt with.

Don't know where in the world you are but it's all about Thanksgiving around here and my job at the food bank is running me ragged!
Then yesterday I was up ten feet on a ladder trying to pick grapefruit from some lady's tree for a donation.
That crazy bat... wanted me to get them all...there was a cluster of a dozen at very top..about 20 feet up! :flabber: Uh...didn't happen.:nah:
Only stupid grapefruit tree in Georgia I think.:oyvey:
Things I learned...Grapefruit Trees have huge thorns...The fruit is glued on with superglue...and I'm getting too old and tentative to be ruining my hips falling out of grapefruit tree!:heehee:
 
Wishing you comfort as you wait out the days until your surgery.
Two months feels far off, hopefully time flies for you.
I'm sorry you're going through all of this.
We're here for you. I hope you have a peaceful Thanksgiving.
@Marvy
 
Hi @Mojo333 ! Yes, stress can wreak havoc with us in so many ways. I will follow your instructions in staying well :yes:

I am in the Carolinas, so yes, I think just about everyone is ready for Thanksgiving and (hopefully) a long weekend.

Oh my - I never realized that grapefruit trees have thorns! Never really thought about it though, but would never have guessed it!

Please be careful going up ladders! Maybe you should get one of the long handled branch trimmers/cutters that you can extend so you don't have to climb ladders ??? We don't want to read that you fell off a ladder picking thorny grapefruit!!! I'm not afraid of heights, but when it comes to ladders, just thinking about the height makes my knees weak :heehee:

I hope you have a wonderful and peaceful Thanksgiving.
 
Happy Thanksgiving @Layla I hope it will be a relaxing one for you.

2 months does seem like it's a century away. I am dreading telling my boss more than the surgery. With me being off for the revision and now less than a year later taking more time for yet another surgery. And this time I can't go back to work as the surgeon said I will not be able to drive. Oh well, he will have to deal with it.
 
It's too bad you have to worry about explainations with your boss. It's not like it's your choice to go through the revision. I hope your boss is more understanding than you're anticipating. Best of luck.
Happy Thanksgiving!
@Marvy
 
@Marvy - I assume he understands you're really not doing this for fun, right? I know it's hard for him, but it's not a walk in the park for you. Just remind him how much better an employee you'll be when you're not constantly being ground down by pain! I'm hoping you're going to feel so good getting rid of this darn pain you'll feel 20 years younger!
 
:wave:I survived the grapefruit picking...it was a sight to behold and yes...I have a Very healthy respect for ladders.
No choices sometimes about what we must do...
Happy Thanksgiving Marvy.:SUNsmile:
 
:wave:just waved to say Hello and that I hope you are having in there!
It is finally getting cold (for us) in the SE US and I'm not liking it.
But such is life...seasons.
Hope a season of change will be upon you at the first of the year.
:) :-) (:
 
Hi Mojo! Yes, I'm hanging in....I'm to a point now that if I could have the surgery tomorrow, I would. I just want to get it done so I can start recovery and get my life back! They have already changed the date of my first post-op check up. Originally it was going to be 2 weeks after surgery. They asked if I wanted to come the first week of March - a week before my 6 week check up. ??? I said "does it make sense to have 2 post-op appointments a week apart and 5 weeks after surgery?" So they changed it to be 1 week after surgery (February 8).

Yes, it is cold - but at least no snow! Compared to my family in the northeast who are getting semi-blizzard conditions! I don't miss that any more :snow plough:

Stay warm! :SUNsmile:
 
I hope you do get to move your surgery up. I considered being your surgery buddy (especially since I thought I'd have to wait 3 months after injection) but I was told I didn't have to wait and he's just opened up a new surgery day to accommodate end of year surgery requests, so I jumped on it! So I now have a date with my recliner for New Year's Eve since surgery will be earlier that day.

I'm so glad both of us and @ebair23 are all on a path toward!
 
You are lucky that you don’t have to wait for your surgery. When I asked if he could do the surgery this year it was a definite NO! He said that even though the risks are low, he said the cortisone stays active in your body for 3 months so he wasn’t going to take any chances.

If I could have it this year it would have been free! :heehee:

You will have a good start to the new year on your way to recovery!!!

Yes, it is time the Three Amigos are on the road to recovery!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom