Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

Wow! Interesting for sure! I'm sorry you struggled getting those images posted, but even more sorry you have to go through this again. I believe this surgery will be the ticket back to Happy / Healthy. It seems you found a surgeon you trust and are confident that he and his team will get you back on the right path. Finally! We'll be rooting loudly from the sidelines. :yes!::yay: Not long to go and you'll be slowly working your way back to all you love....minus the pain! Lots of comfort to you as you wait.
@danelady

probably bringing the beer and pretzels for later. LOLOLO!!!
Hahaha!
:cheers:
 
Well, if you are anything like I was, the last few days hurtled by quickly. I wish this for you, too!

Those are some pictures! They do sound like they've done their homework and are ready to get you fixed up. :prayer:
 
Last edited:
Lets get this hip show on the road! :hiking:
Not long to go now, danelady. I know you're ready for perfect healing this time around and we're rooting for the same. Wishing you lots of comfort as you wait out these last few days.
All the best to you!
@danelady
 
Thank you all!
Nurses told me I had no restrictions but I won't be doing any soft show till I see the dr, lol. They got me up to walk, took a step said NO WAY, so they brought me a stronger pain pill. I better try again before it wears off, lol. They have been bringing me lots of coffee though, Im happy!
Thank you all for the kind words!!!
 
10 SCEWS! Dr put 10 screws in me to hold it in place and I feel every one of them. Guess I'm going to rehab....
He said I might need a lift in my shoe to get my leg length even. Haven't been able to take even one step yet but it's only the first day. I happy with my surgeon, we have very good communication now....
Well, I got plenty of pain stuff....the words and letters are spinning along with my eyes, lol
Nitey nite......zzz
 
I happy with my surgeon, we have very good communication now....
Great news that you have confidence in him. I hope they keep your pain well managed and you have a good day!
 
Though I rarely post, I do follow. So pleased you are happy with your surgeon
@spaniel. YES! His explanations of everything he had to do to my hip to make it better really set my mind at ease. I have total confidence in his skill as an orthopedic surgeon now. I guess having a good dr/patient connection make a big difference.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…
 
Dane lady, I have read your whole story several weeks ago. But can you remind me if this is your original surgeon or the one you talked about traveling out of state to see? I remember your original surgeon ordered custom prosthetics for you and subsequently you never heard back fro him for many months and you were unsure if he was still your surgeon.

I’m sure custom made devices take the manufacturer a long time to make. I really hope you get to have your life back. In retirement!
 
@Zoebichon. Hello, I'm sorry, maybe I wrote it wrong. No, the last 2 revision surgeries were not done by the original surgeon. The original THA was done in 2017, by a different surgeon. This past January was revision #1, then I had to wait this long till my new part was made and ready to install.
My original surgeon was in a different city and has nothing to do with my 2 revision surgeries. I couldn't go back to my original surgeon because of the insurance plan I had just signed onto......who knew?
They just gave me a muscle relaxer and I am drifting away......hope I explained it better. This has been a horrible year for me, right now I have to concentrate on getting better so I can enjoy my retirement. I feel good about my surgeon this time.
 
So, I’m having a really good morning. Still having trouble staying awake but got nausea under control and pain is quite bearable right now. Remembering past experience and as of now, this is a big improvement. I know these things go back and forth so I’m still ready for anything!!! It’s nice not to be so negative for a change:dancy::yes!:
 
So, I’m having a really good morning. Still having trouble staying awake but got nausea under control and pain is quite bearable right now. Remembering past experience and as of now, this is a big improvement. I know these things go back and forth so I’m still ready for anything!!! It’s nice not to be so negative for a change:dancy::yes!:
Great to hear! They are working me hard!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom