Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

You go girl! Told you before you are spunky and a truck driver to boot so you certainly are not someone to walk all over. These doctors want to spoon feed us information. Good for you, get answers before the scalpel comes out.
Wishing you the best on this surgery, and let us know how it all goes.
 
I have read your whole story, and oh my goodness, YOU most definitely deserve a successful revision!
 
@Doglover7 Oh thank you for those encouraging words and prayers! I'm trying to fight the good fight and I almost lost. That depression is oh so sneaky! It was the years of being alone in the truck that helped me fight my demons, helped me kick that depression, helped me finally become the person I believe I am meant to be. The ability to deal with an abrupt change of plans and keep rolling is what helped me become a good driver but for some reason this latest abrupt change knocked me backwards. My independence is GONE and my ability to walk again is now in the hands of complete strangers and I could feel that ol' depression working through a chink of my armour. I never ask for help, I hate people to offer help, but the overflow of kindness coming my way in this little town has humbled me. Maybe letting people help me is really a way of helping myself to stay focused on the goal of getting better.
Many thanks sent to your brother and stepfather as well, from this old, gray haired retired trucker who now gives the arm pump to passing truckers and giggles when they answer her.
 
Bloodwork and EKG done yesterday. It's getting closer!!!!
 
Hi @danelady
I'm so happy for you that things are finally falling into place. Wondering what your surgery date is so we can add it to your signature and send hugs, best wishes, prayers, good vibes and all that great stuff members are so thoughtful in sharing. Please do tell :wink:
Happy Friday! I hope you have a nice weekend.
 
Catching up on your thread @danelady ! Congratulations on getting a surgery date, your persistence paid off, good for you! Loved that comment about coloring your hair and I believe you are on the right track with this thought process! Sad but true.

I am curious to your actual surgery date, also. Can't wait to get the update about the date so I can make a note to myself.... I will be on vacation but don't want to miss your updates.
 
Thank you to all of you from the bottom of my heart! The big day is August 15....just TEN MORE DAYS!!!
I know I've been pretty angry the way this year has been for me, but I swear, if this dr can get me to walk again I am building him a shrine! lol! He's Hawaiian so I will smother him with bouquets of Orchids, Hibiscus and Bird of Paradise. I will share with the world how he gave me my life back! I am so ready for this!!
 
You’re having the surgery with the custom made prosthetic and device, right? It sounds so promising I’m sure you will be happy with the results! After you recover from the surgery.
 
Hooray for a date!:happydance:

Get that patience muscle toned up, wild child so you can give that new construction time to settle in after your Hawaiian Hero gets you remodeled.

We'll be cheering for you!:yay:
 
:wave:All the best for your surgery today @danelady
Healing Mojo coming your way!:ok:
 
Hi @danelady :wave:
I hope you're hanging in there and not struggling too much.
I realized you have a surgery date buddy in tesjohn. Not only does she share your surgery date, but she is also undergoing a revision of her left hip! You two may enjoy checking in on one another and sharing recovery progress here. I will link her thread so you can take a peek. Only one week to go until your big day.
Wishing you comfort as you await your surgery date
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/2nd-hip-replacement.66974/.
.
 
@danelady Thinking of you on the 15th! I was wondering how the new hip implant will work with the osteolysis that exits? Did they say?
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'm gonna have to ask that on Monday. I have some phot0s I took of a model of the new cup that was made for me. OMG! It hurts for me to just look at it! Gotta try and get the photos on here.
 
Oh my gosh, it has taken me so many hours to get this photo up. I have so much to do, I'll be back. But take a look at the jagged pieces of bone where my Femoral component broke thru the Acetabulum component. This is a 3D cast of my new parts made by Zimmer Biomet. I feel much more confidence in my surgeons. There will also be 2 reps from ZB in the OR with us....probably bringing the beer and pretzels for later. LOLOLO!!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…
    20220809_182136[1].jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
@Layla Oh wow, I definitely have to check in with my surgery buddy! Lordy, I just can't wait to get this over with because I am worn out from prepping for the surgery and recovery down time! Did you see my post above this one? I put up pics of the 3D model they made of my hip...and all the damage, too. Thanks so much Layla!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom