I had a little OOPS and I'll tell yas all about it but first I want to thank you all for the encouraging words!!!
@Jamie Thank you so much! Hoping you are coming along as well, I'll be over to check on you in a sec! But first....
I am really doing well, but unfortunately I had my first dislocation this past week. My neighbors asked if I wanted to go out to dinner, not very far at all...just down the hill. My friends put out the steps for me and surrounded me as I stepped up and into the back seat of the pickup. I had it all to myself so I could stretch out and not bend my hip at the waist too much. Getting out is easy, I just gently side down. After dinner I got back in the truck to go home but on the was home my hip suddenly felt...weird. No pain at all, just a kind of grinding sensation if I tried to move. When I exited the truck my good leg reached the ground just fine, then my second foot touched the ground but I continued going forward towards and I didn't understand what was happening. We tried and tried to get me back in the truck to get me to the hospital but I just couldn't do it.
My head exploded with the thought that this surgery also failed, I sobbed right there (and I don't cry in front of people, lol). My friends called an ambulance rather than risk causing me anymore damage. Shortly after a bunch of really cute guys showed up and took over! Ok, that made things a little better, lol. I think I woke the street up with my howling as they moved me onto the stretcher for the 25 mile ride to the hospital.
Morphine help me survive the initial x-rays and I was ecstatic to find out it was only a dislocation and the new parts held their place. I guess it was a boring night because almost everyone in the ER either joined us in the room or gathered round the doorway! I got some sort of mild sedation and the next thing I knew they told me I was all back together again!
I'm kind of sore but I am getting around about the same way as before the dislocation. I think what might have happened is that even though I was riding in a new pickup....it was still a pickup and didn't ride as smooth as a car did, so it was probably a bump that jarred my hip out of the socket.
Thanks again for your kind words, I'm lovin' this new life where I can WALK AGAIN!
Oh, one other thing.....my dr prescribed me Doxycycline but all it did was make me nauseas and dizzy. I kept up with it thinking my body would acclimate, but it didn't. I was switched to Cefadroxil 500 2xdaily. much better now.