danelady
Insider
- Joined
- Mar 27, 2022
- Messages
- 444
- Age
- 71
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Hello again, hope you are well. I took 2 tests today and the first one was my very first mammogram ever. I also had a DEXA scan, that was a first for me as well. I'll get the results sent to me and my PCP, NOT the surgeon who attempted to do the revision on my 5 year old hip implant and failed.
I last saw my surgeon on April 5 and he said my next surgery will be in a couple of months but he will set me up for more pre-op test within one month. Next week it will be 2 months since he told me it would be 2 months....and I haven't heard a peep. So now no one wants anything to do with the damaged hip of some gray haired senior citizen, or wants anything to do with the damaged hip that's been worked on by a Global Health physician.
I KNOW what goes through the minds of these drs and health care professionals when the first see me.. I was finally sent to several physicians last Dec, 2021 and they all reacted like....does she really expect us to FIX her? They did not realize that just 6 months earlier I was driving 80,000lb vehicles that were over 70' long up to 10-11 hours every day or night. I kept the truck and the 53' trailer clean and in good repair. I refused to use a blower to clean debris out of the trailers like so many other drivers did, I swept the trailers out myself as a mini-workout. I found my customers on time, delivered on time and somehow managed to keep from killing myself or anyone else. I had to take a DOT physical every year and carry a card that said I am physically fit to operate this class of vehicle safely as well as legally, actually my last medical card just expired yesterday. I am aware of the prejudices carried by a lot of people in the trucking industry, especially people who come from different cultures and believe Granny should be home in the rocking chair. Lol. I had one dr walk into the examination room, take one look at me and practically shout 'How old are you?' There are many, many older drivers and I can guarantee no one would ask a gray haired man how old he was....as if that determined their ability to operate a piece of dangerous equipment.
One of the things I loved about driving was meeting other drivers from around the world, even trying to learn words in a different language. I ran with Romanians for a while, they were so Old World that it was like being back with my Italian family. This new surgeon comes from somewhere else and I will not be dismissed by him. I believe he will get a life lesson from me about not crossing certain boundaries, lol.
Can ya tell I'm upset? I really sorry about it, it's just that my head keeps spinning faster every day over this mess.
I last saw my surgeon on April 5 and he said my next surgery will be in a couple of months but he will set me up for more pre-op test within one month. Next week it will be 2 months since he told me it would be 2 months....and I haven't heard a peep. So now no one wants anything to do with the damaged hip of some gray haired senior citizen, or wants anything to do with the damaged hip that's been worked on by a Global Health physician.
I KNOW what goes through the minds of these drs and health care professionals when the first see me.. I was finally sent to several physicians last Dec, 2021 and they all reacted like....does she really expect us to FIX her? They did not realize that just 6 months earlier I was driving 80,000lb vehicles that were over 70' long up to 10-11 hours every day or night. I kept the truck and the 53' trailer clean and in good repair. I refused to use a blower to clean debris out of the trailers like so many other drivers did, I swept the trailers out myself as a mini-workout. I found my customers on time, delivered on time and somehow managed to keep from killing myself or anyone else. I had to take a DOT physical every year and carry a card that said I am physically fit to operate this class of vehicle safely as well as legally, actually my last medical card just expired yesterday. I am aware of the prejudices carried by a lot of people in the trucking industry, especially people who come from different cultures and believe Granny should be home in the rocking chair. Lol. I had one dr walk into the examination room, take one look at me and practically shout 'How old are you?' There are many, many older drivers and I can guarantee no one would ask a gray haired man how old he was....as if that determined their ability to operate a piece of dangerous equipment.
One of the things I loved about driving was meeting other drivers from around the world, even trying to learn words in a different language. I ran with Romanians for a while, they were so Old World that it was like being back with my Italian family. This new surgeon comes from somewhere else and I will not be dismissed by him. I believe he will get a life lesson from me about not crossing certain boundaries, lol.
Can ya tell I'm upset? I really sorry about it, it's just that my head keeps spinning faster every day over this mess.

