Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

Happy Birthday, danelady!
I love your positivity and with that attitude I have no doubt 70 will be a showstopper! Cheers to that. :cheers:
Hugs and Best Wishes for good health and perfect healing this time around.
 
Happy Birthday @danelady! :loveshwr:

I’ve been silently following your story for a while now and am so happy to hear that you’re finally getting the care you need and more importantly, DESERVE! I have a funny feeling #69 will be a fantastic year for you! Enjoy your time home and make sure you save some hot cocoa (at least the whip cream) for the doggo! :heehee:
 
@Sammy-Am. Thank you! So nice to finally meet you, love your friend in the photo.

Thank you to all my friends here. We are all joined at the hip (pun intended, lol) in this high wire act of trusting a person with a very sharp knife who tells us they can make us better, as well as understanding our own bodies and taking an active part in our recovery. It's such a balancing act.
I wish all of us a good recovery and the best that life has to offer.

Well, I was busy yesterday so now that I've had my coffee and toasted everything bagel with avocado I'm crawling back into bed. No rushing, right?
:puppysmooze::sleeep:
 
yes... joined at the hip:snork:

You are such a charming example of one heck of a tough heifer with one heck of some struggles keeping the faith and finding time to make someone smile... like me:) :-) (:
 
I guess I didn't know what a hip spacer was, what it did and didn't do and the pain, oh the pain.

I've read about them here on BoneSmart. I'm reading everything I can about them...and not liking what I'm reading.

My new surgeon said I'd be walking, he also said it would permanently remain in my hip.
No mention of all the possible complications either. So all I can do is read more about this new reality I have found myself in and remember to bring in the pages of questions I have written down. I appreciate him scheduling our appointments on the days the psuedo-surgeon I originally started with is at the hospital slicing into unsuspecting victims.

We meet again on Tuesday, until then maybe I can convince the Matrix to hook me back up to some non-reality reality so I can forget about blue pills, red pills and all the plans I made that now lay broken in pieces across the desert floor.
 
I my gosh. I haven't been on bonesmart for a while and can't believe what I read. However, I hope, this surgery will fix your problems once and for all. And with you, I hope 2024 will be a good year for you! Hugs from Constanze
 
@Constanze
So nice to hear from you,Constance, hope you are well. Yes, I could point a SpaceX rocket upside down, launch it into the earth and still not find out how deep this rabbit hole really goes.
 
Hi @danelady,

Sorry to hear about all of the pain you’re experiencing. Best wishes for your appointment on Tuesday. I hope you’re able to get the answers you’re seeking.

Sending you healing! :roseshwr:
 
@danelady,

you’ve certainly had more than your share of disappointment, pain and surgeries. Life can be frustrating and heart-breaking when It feels like nothing turns out, no matter what we do. Getting our hopes up only to have them dashed down again seems to hurt more each time we experience the disappointment.

Definitely take your written questions to your appointment Tuesday. Also take a pen and some blank paper so you can write his answers and advice down to refer to later. It’s almost impossible to remember conversations we have in situations with anxiety and pain.

Keep in mind that he probably won’t have concrete answers for you as each unique person and situation can vary so much. In the meantime, continue to follow recommendation, listen to your body, hug your dog, and keep praying for an outcome that allows you to have a comfortable and active life.

We‘ll continue praying for you and be here to support you in your ups and downs. Prayers for you, and blessings.
 
@Constanze
So nice to hear from you,Constance, hope you are well. Yes, I could point a SpaceX rocket upside down, launch it into the earth and still not find out how deep this rabbit hole really goes.
If you did deep enough, you'd come out on the other side of the world. So Alice who was in England would come out in Australia. Where you'd come out, I'm not sure, my geography isn't so good :).
But: Concerning the spacer? I've just read that again. As far as I understand, that's not supposed to be permanently in the hip. It's supposed to be in the hip for a couple of weeks until the infection subsides, and then you will get your permanent hip replacement. Isn't that the case?

As far as I'm concerned, yes, I'm well thanks for asking. 2022 was a year when my husband and me had two homes - Germany (near Frankfurt) and Lincoln, northern England. My husband has finally decided to stay in Germany and let the house in England. It's now let to an English family. Bit of a shame. It's a lovely house - very spacious with a spacious garden.

But we can watch our 3 grand-children grow up :)

And I can only pray for you, too. I hope there'll be light at the end of the tunnel in the end. You deserve it.
 
I also agree with Constant that the spacer is temporary until you get the new permanent hip replacement. It's there until the infection is gone.

I'm sorry to read of your plight but good you're seeing your doc next week. Drill him till you get your answers.
 
That's right. Take down notes when you see the doctor again @danelady - with a pen or maybe you can even take a laptop. I can write notes more clearly and faster on my laptop.

By the way - what is 'Michelada'. I'm a German ignoramus. But it sounds like something super yummy and sweet.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom