Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

No pain really, walking pretty good with the walker...it's my right knee and right elbow mostly.
Desperately need a hot chocolate, hug my pup, share a chimichanga with her and finish off with a Michilada.

Think I get out on Monday and that's none too soon.. The quality of food in here has taken a nose dive,, but I'll keep that to myself till I'm out of here.

Ps: my scar
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…
    20231110_193259.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 94
Thinking of you @danelady !!!
I hope things are going as well as possible.
 
Lovely scar! Nice and clean….this is good. And the “minimal pain” is good plus you’re more mobile. All very promising reports. Keep up that slow and steady pace and try not to get too crazy once you get back home. We’re all rooting for you!
 
Thanks for the update! Your plans for Monday sound like just what you need! Your pup has missed you bunches! Hope your weekend goes well!
 
You'll never know how much I love and appreciate you all, especially at times like this when I feel like I'm at the bottom of a very deep well and can barely see the top.
But I've been down here before and know where the hand holds and foot holds are, unless the Matrix is still in control and there is no spoon.

Ok, ok...they are playing all the Matrix movies, lol.
 
@Jamie
Jamie my friend, I think I'll just not do nuttin' but PT exercises for about a year.
 
Can someone please get the woman a hot chocolate?!!
Wishing you were in my neck of the woods so I could bring you one, danelady.

I agree that your incision looks good / clean. Thankfully you’re doing well and not in pain. I hope you’re released for home on Monday. I can imagine how much you miss your dog. Take care and stay in touch. You have fans here. :wink:
@danelady
 
Well I got mad at my teens and tried out driving to get away ... :spin: So since you talked about hot chocolate, I swung through a drive thru and got one on your behalf. :) Just looked up the Michelado and it sounds wonderful. I think it must be regional as I had never heard of this. :cheers:

Here is to Monday!!
 
OH MY GOSH!!!!!
I don't know if anyone remembers me mentioning having a huge, hard bump on my hip. It appeared after one of my many surgeries performed by that 'other' surgeon and it looked like I was deformed. It was also really hard, that's why I thought it was bone but was told it was scar tissue. The bump was huge.

Well guess what? IT'S GONE! My hip is smooth again!
I only just noticed it this afternoon! Guess because I'm starting to heal and noticing things! Wow, I'm amazed! I don't know who is taking my stitches out, but if it's Dr Smith I'll ask him but I haven't seen him since I came up here. Now I'm really GLAD I had this last dislocation. Weird, huh? Lol.

Thank you for your words of support, my friends. xoxo
 
Thought I'd show you the incision from that 'other' surgeon, this is not the bump.
Ucchh.....I need to show this to my new surgeon.
Feeling pretty unstoppable right now, next year is gonna be GREAT!
But slowwww it goes. Lol.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…
    Screenshot_20231111_213710.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 84
All the stars are aligning for you...just meant to be.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly....can only go onwards and upwards , look after your self, hug your beautiful pooch and take it easy.

Love reading your posts...they just make me happy for you:yes!:
 
Big improvement! I would definitely show your new surgeon- it might impact whether or not they make referrals. Have a great Sunday!

Edited to add- pictures can speak volumes without words.
 
We are all
Supporting you and you have had such a tough time. Reading back through your story You have been amazing . Hopefully things will run smoothly from now on…
 
Nothing better than getting home to your dog and your own bed! :loveshwr::dogsniff::dogwalk: Take it easy and remember to rest and eat well as your body has been fighting that infection.
 
Thank goodness you found the right surgeon to fix you up. Keep posting, love seeing the pics, the new incision is looking good.
 
Saw my surgeon today, the one who is now in control. He says hip is lookin' good, yay. He also says I'm tough (for Pete's sake, took him long enough to figure it out, lol.)
I saw my x-ray, unfortunately left my phone in my pickup but I'll get a shot of it next week when I go back in.

These years are zipping by so fast!!!
Retired at 66 and 4 months later my hip disintegrates. I turn 67 with a year of limping and pain to look forward to. I turn 68 in what felt like non-stop surgeries but still hoping for better things in the coming year. HAH!

Another year and I find myself in recovery mode again...more pain, but only surgical pain along with rebuilding of leg and back muscles and tendons and more of those damn restrictions.

Today is birthday #69 and it got here even faster. Although I'm not where I was hoping to be I'll just pull up my big girl panties and march on. In my heart of hearts I am positive my 70th birthday will be a showstopper!!!!
:yahoo:

Shucks! Did I mention I'm home again? Hot chocolate and michelada were both yummy!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom