Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

Sounds like you are in good hands! I had a scare that they thought a dislocation was infection related. They are doing the right thing by placing a spacer and clearing the infection before another implant....otherwise you will continue to dislocate. I hope surgery went well, have patience...you are now on the right track to solving this problem!
 
Hi everyone. Well, had my 3 surgeries...old stuff came out and new stuff went in, like the antibiotic spacer and some kind of cement. Dr told me and the PT dept no walking at all, just practice putting weight on it . Hallelujah! I can get out of bed to pivot onto he commode or sit in the chair....and watch Arizona lose the first game of the World Series. DRAT.
But my body feels bad, real bad...weak, achy all over and no desire for coffee, only hot tea and a heated blanket when I woke
at 4am. My night nurse said she'd never seen me sleep so hard like right now. Wow....
Well, I'm done. Pretty hungry too. They gave me hydro and um.... other druggie stuff. Feels like I have the flu. No pain in the hip, just body aches.
I'll talk at ya later my peeps. Xoxo

Oh, one other thing, lol. They said when I came to after Saturday's surgery
I acted, uhhh....spidery.
Making wispy, spidery things in the air with my finger. too weird.. haha.
Ok....I gotta go...the room is spinning.
 
Yay! Glad that part is now behind you. Your night nurse seems wonderful. Hunger is a good sign I think. I hope your food is good. Sending healing thoughts!
 
@Hippie Chick
Hi Hippie Chick! Thank you and you always cheer me up!

Actually, nurse just left, she said my hemolobin has been very low, that's why I had all the transfusions. Today it they said looks like it has stabilized...yay.

Ok.... I'm about to drift off again. Much love.
 
I’m happy to hear you made it through the surgery. You are truly a warrior!!! Love your surgeon’s advice for the beginning of this recovery. Your poor body has been through so much, I’m not surprised at all that you will need a lot of really deep sleep to get down that path to a real life. But our bodies are so amazing in that they actually CAN recover from these things. Good nutrition and plenty of fluids will be important contributors, so try and eat healthful options as much as possible (real foods, not processed ones).

As you can tell from these early mobility guidelines, you will not be immobile while you have this antibiotic spacer (and antibiotic bone cement too). Hopefully your pain levels are under control as you start this part of your journey. I pray for you every day and do feel good about this surgeon.
 
So happy for you that you're feeling well as can be for now.
Take care,sending you blessings and all that's good.
 
Last edited:
So many sweet people are in your corner, @danedlady. You have made supportive friends around the world. It makes me smile to know this! Hugs to you!!!!!
 
You're one tough woman, danelady! Your resilience is amazing. I understand you didn't have a choice in the matter, but you remain mostly upbeat which is inspiring. Prayers for an uneventful and successful recovery.
Keep us posted, the cheering squad is ever growing.
Love and hugs to you! :loveshwr:@danelady
 
So happy to hear the update. Rest up ! You have an amazing outlook, and it sounds like you’re on your way to a great recovery.
 
Hi guys, how are yas?
The machine is beeping now after dumping in my 4th transfusion. Nurse says I got some color back in my face again because I looked gray before, lol. As fast as the transfusion went in, the wound vac is suckin' it out. Dr says it's normal after being hacked open so many times. I saw an x-ray of the new stuff in the hip, looks good and I can move out of the hospital and into the skilled nursing facility as soon as I stop leaking so much.
Well, think I need another nap now.
Love to all....xoxo
 
Sounds like a pretty good report. So glad to hear things are moving forward for you. So far you surgeon sounds like he’s doing some good stuff. Is this going to be a skilled nursing facility you’ve been in before? Was it okay??
 
So glad your X-ray looks good! I hope you have a wonderful skilled nursing facility to go. You will be transitioning during their Halloween festivities! Our local rehab facility goes all out with decorations and activities. Enjoy your napping!
 
@danelady all I can say is :wow:. You have been through the wringer and back. So hoping this one's the charm and the last one. Sounds like they're keeping a good eye on you and they better continue to or they'll have to answer to all your Bone Smart friends!:yes!:

Stay well, sleep whenever you can as you need tons to get you back in the pink. Please keep us posted, you know we're here for you. :friends:
 
@Jamie The facility is the 'good' one I stayed in last year, it's right here in the hospital. Not to worry, not going to that horrible place I went to for a couple of days and escaped as from!

Thank you everyone!!!! ❤️
 
I JUST HAD TO DO IT.
I had to remind them that all those body parts, all those meds and all those test results belong to living breathing human beans that want to get back to the life they once had, before being so rudely interrupted.
It's Halloween and I happened to have 1 red marker in my purse and went to town on my face. It does my heart good to hear their bloodcurdling scream as they walk in my room and see a bloody mess in front of them. We all share a laugh after each take down, lol. HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :mooncat:
20231031_054238.jpg
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom